Home Message Board Events Courses J-Town Disc Golf Club
J-Town Disc Golf: Gary Lewis Achievement Award

Author Topic: Gary Lewis Achievement Award  (Read 75867 times)

Disc71

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Gary Lewis Achievement Award
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2011, 10:40:19 AM »
You have to get your vote in by this Wednesday. We will reveal the winner at the beginning of doubles league.
Jesse Saenz Jr.

Frankie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 12:05:17 AM »
I Helped add up the votes for the Gary Lewis Achievement Award & the well deserved winner for 2011 is Jesse Saenz!
Congratulations Jesse!!! You've done a tremendous good work, not only the past year, but for many years. It's a pleasure knowing you.
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'

Goforit

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2011, 07:57:27 AM »
I Helped add up the votes for the Gary Lewis Achievement Award & the well deserved winner for 2011 is Jesse Saenz!
Congratulations Jesse!!! You've done a tremendous good work, not only the past year, but for many years. It's a pleasure knowing you.
Your hard work has paid off Jesse. Very deserving.Thanks for all that you do!
It's great to be alive!
Positive mind helps.

Aces and Chains

• View Profile
    • Aces and Chains
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 07:39:53 AM »
Congratulations Jesse! A very well deserved honor. Thank you for everything you do.
Aces and Chains - Get you some!

Disc71

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2011, 06:56:50 AM »
Congratulations Jesse! A very well deserved honor. Thank you for everything you do.
Your hard work has paid off Jesse. Very deserving.Thanks for all that you do!

Thanks for the compliments guys.
It’s a great honor to win and have my name on the Gary Lewis Achievement Award. I’ve known Gary Lewis for over 20 years and I’ve seen first hand his life long commitment to disc golf. I’ve seen some of the Hall of Fame list of accomplishments he has achieved in disc golf. He has always thought of his fellow disc golfer first before himself. The Joliet area is a very lucky disc golf community to say he is one of us.
The doubles league and the few tournaments I have run are directly modeled after the way Gary Lewis would run it. He has taught me a lot about all aspects of disc golf and life in general.
One of the best parts of winning this award is that the J-Town community thought highly enough of me to vote for me.
I love you guys!
Jesse Saenz Jr.

Disc71

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2011, 08:45:32 AM »
I need help keeping track of what people are accomplishing in the J-Town area starting from September 2011 and ending September 2012. I started keeping a list but I need help throughout the next 9 months. Frank said he would help but it would be good to have one or two more individuals keeping track. It would be great to have the most deserving and extensive list possibly for the next GLA Award winner. Let me know if you can help. Post under here, email or call me.
Disc71@comcast.net
jsaenz@midwestoutdoors.com
Cell - 630-312-9477
Home – 630-759-6818
Jesse

Jesse Saenz Jr.

Frankie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2011, 10:03:47 PM »
I need help keeping track of what people are accomplishing in the J-Town area starting from September 2011 and ending September 2012. I started keeping a list but I need help throughout the next 9 months. Frank said he would help but it would be good to have one or two more individuals keeping track. It would be great to have the most deserving and extensive list possibly for the next GLA Award winner. Let me know if you can help. Post under here, email or call me.
Disc71@comcast.net
Cell - 630-312-9477
Home – 630-759-6818
Jesse
If this helps anyone, I'm making notes & putting it off to the side. As Jesse said it started Sept. We have the J-Town board members that get little notice. Jason Poole is quite active behind the scene with the web site & many other things. It may have at some time happened, but he was huge in having a club. Mike Kursell is another is another in the backround. Also, Jason is great help in our tournaments, that's more out in the open. Recently Thor & Dave K. are on my list. I think what I'm going to do is make a list of names & give a # of what I judge as worthy from 1 to 10. As an example the Frank & Beans handicap. Dean does that all summer, & that gets a #.  Jason Poole is the webmaster year round that would get a #. I don't want to make a decision based the last two or three months in the summer.
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'

Frankie

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2011, 09:07:28 PM »
Disc71@comcast.net
Cell - 630-312-9477
Home – 630-759-6818
Jesse
If this helps anyone, I'm making notes & putting it off to the side. As Jesse said it started Sept. We have the J-Town board members that get little notice. Jason Poole is quite active behind the scene with the web site & many other things. It may have at some time happened, but he was huge in having a club. Mike Kursell is another is another in the backround. Also, Jason is great help in our tournaments, that's more out in the open. Recently Thor & Dave K. are on my list. I think what I'm going to do is make a list of names & give a # of what I judge as worthy from 1 to 10. As an example the Frank & Beans handicap. Dean does that all summer, & that gets a #.  Jason Poole is the webmaster year round that would get a #. I don't want to make a decision based the last two or three months in the summer.
I also need to mention disc golf in our area is year round. As you know we have winter doubles. Mike Mick & Carbo run that. Something needs to be said for that. When it's super cold they're out there. We don't have to show up but they do. Even though summer league is longer, there is hardship in the winter.
Happy Thanksgiving!
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'

Disc71

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 09:18:16 AM »
Disc71@comcast.net
Cell - 630-312-9477
Home – 630-759-6818
Jesse

It's time to start putting up names of nominees.
Jesse Saenz Jr.

xgibbyx

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 10:40:20 AM »
I'm new, I don't know anyone yet, but I am more than willing to help as much as I can. When I do something - like start Disc Golf - I jump in all the way to my head and sink or swim! Don't know if that is relevent, but I guess what I am saying is that I am already in love with this sport and want to do what I can to make it better for myself and everyone else that loves it.
- Gibby #54144

Frankie

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 10:06:56 PM »
Disc71@comcast.net
Cell - 630-312-9477
Home – 630-759-6818
Jesse

You have Thor & the gang that helps him. Enough can't be said about Jason Poole. Your partner Darrin. My bias is to those with non profit motives, like yourself. It tells me where their heart is when it's for free, & an atta boy for encouragement.
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'

Disc71

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2012, 06:22:02 AM »
Disc71@comcast.net
Cell - 630-312-9477
Home – 630-759-6818
Jesse

You have Thor & the gang that helps him. Enough can't be said about Jason Poole. Your partner Darrin. My bias is to those with non profit motives, like yourself. It tells me where their heart is when it's for free, & an atta boy for encouragement.

Yes, those guys will definitely be on the list.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 06:26:58 AM by Disc71 »
Jesse Saenz Jr.

Disc71

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2012, 07:12:50 AM »
I'm new, I don't know anyone yet, but I am more than willing to help as much as I can. When I do something - like start Disc Golf - I jump in all the way to my head and sink or swim! Don't know if that is relevent, but I guess what I am saying is that I am already in love with this sport and want to do what I can to make it better for myself and everyone else that loves it.

Here's a link if you want to help out.
http://jtowndiscgolf.com/SMF1/index.php?topic=616.0

Also I will need help with IL State. I need spotters on each day and guys who are willing to get there earlier to set up and stay late to brake things down. We will also be having a couple of all out garbage collecting, weed whacking, ball busting clean up days at Highland Park very soon. Check for dates at this link. I'll have the info soon.

http://jtowndiscgolf.com/SMF1/index.php?topic=524.0
Jesse Saenz Jr.

xgibbyx

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2012, 10:19:46 AM »
 I am very proud to say that I served 9 years active duty and I know exactly how it feels to be deployed and how much care packages and letters from home really impact deployed troops, so I will bring some stuff next handicap or doubles league next week.

I have a weed whacker and can help with work day stuff at Highland. Let's get it done! I'll bring my kids and make 'em pick up trash for ice cream!  ;D

- Gibby #54144

Frankie

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2012, 11:17:01 PM »
I am very proud to say that I served 9 years active duty and I know exactly how it feels to be deployed and how much care packages and letters from home really impact deployed troops, so I will bring some stuff next handicap or doubles league next week.

I have a weed whacker and can help with work day stuff at Highland. Let's get it done! I'll bring my kids and make 'em pick up trash for ice cream!  ;D
That's GREAT! I need a spirit lift. I know about being deployed also. I also know about being hated when the tour is over. The care packages are for Wed. Maybe we can hook up Tuesday. I'll be there Tuesday & my name is Frank, please introduce yourself.
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'