Home Message Board Events Courses J-Town Disc Golf Club
J-Town Disc Golf: Shorewood closed?

Author Topic: Shorewood closed?  (Read 3916 times)

freezermink

• View Profile
Shorewood closed?
« on: December 04, 2012, 12:41:59 AM »
A few of us had a few hours to kill and decided to run by shorewood and play a round.  We got to the entrance to the park and it was blocked off by a large official construction ROAD CLOSED and PARK ACCESS CLOSED sign.   :'(  Anyone know whats up and how long it will be off limits?

We were there a week or so ago and had seen some minor construction going on but the course was playable...

I'd love to know when i can get back there, i wanna play that one a time or two before it gets too crazy outside!

Frankie

• View Profile
Re: Shorewood closed?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 10:31:49 AM »
A few of us had a few hours to kill and decided to run by shorewood and play a round.  We got to the entrance to the park and it was blocked off by a large official construction ROAD CLOSED and PARK ACCESS CLOSED sign.   :'(  Anyone know whats up and how long it will be off limits?

We were there a week or so ago and had seen some minor construction going on but the course was playable...

I'd love to know when i can get back there, i wanna play that one a time or two before it gets too crazy outside!
called Shorewood Parks & they didn't know it was closed. My guess it's temporary until they get their work done. Interesting the parks & recreation don't know whats going on.
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'

Mcfrolfer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 02:48:50 PM »
Thanks for getting the heads up out there. I really like playing that course and was thinkiing of heading out there tomorrow.  >:(
Shawn Mc

May the course be with you!

freezermink

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 08:50:38 PM »
yeah i hear ya!  something about it being closed makes me want to play it even more!   :P

thanks for following up with the parks and rec, Frank!  I agree - if they're not in the know it seems like it shouldn't be down too long.  I searched all through shorewood's parks/rec websites and hadn't found anything either, so here's hoping it doesn't take long to get it back open. 

Frankie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 10:35:30 PM »
yeah i hear ya!  something about it being closed makes me want to play it even more!   :P

thanks for following up with the parks and rec, Frank!  I agree - if they're not in the know it seems like it shouldn't be down too long.  I searched all through shorewood's parks/rec websites and hadn't found anything either, so here's hoping it doesn't take long to get it back open.
In my travels today, I went to Shorewood. The course is open, but is mudville! I drove through there extremely slow, & still had mud splat on my door handles. We did get a little rain .20. Bring a sponge & a bucket of water, or a lot of towels. It needs to freeze.
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'

Frankie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 09:27:02 PM »

In my travels today, I went to Shorewood. The course is open, but is mudville! I drove through there extremely slow, & still had mud splat on my door handles. We did get a little rain .20. Bring a sponge & a bucket of water, or a lot of towels. It needs to freeze.
I almost forgot, I went through Shorewood again today. It wasn't that bad. Just a few holes 3, 4, 6? &7, & not bad.
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'