Home Message Board Events Courses J-Town Disc Golf Club
J-Town Disc Golf: Fundraising for new baskets at Highland

Author Topic: Fundraising for new baskets at Highland  (Read 3289 times)

Thor

• View Profile
Fundraising for new baskets at Highland
« on: November 21, 2011, 10:05:47 AM »
Hello everyone
Hey I want to start a Glo League at Trinity Links to start and if the park districts get on board move to all the courses.  The league will be set up to raise money for new baskets at Highland.  I was thinking of having the league on Wed night and starting at 5:30.  It will be cold but if we could get a group out to play in this on a routine basis it could be a lot of fun and think, highland could get some new baskets.  I am thinking 7 dollar entry fee and a few CTP's and ACE fund.  the first day of this league would start on November 30th at 5:30.  let me know what your thoughts on this are so I can figure out if it should be one division of random draw or two divisions.  hope to hear from everyone interested.  Thanks
Thor

eric smith

• View Profile
Re: Fundraising for new baskets at Highland
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 04:21:04 PM »
That Sounds like a plan highland needs new baskets!!! I think their should be one division! 

Frankie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 09:52:09 PM »
Hello everyone
Hey I want to start a Glo League at Trinity Links to start and if the park districts get on board move to all the courses.  The league will be set up to raise money for new baskets at Highland.  I was thinking of having the league on Wed night and starting at 5:30.  It will be cold but if we could get a group out to play in this on a routine basis it could be a lot of fun and think, highland could get some new baskets.  I am thinking 7 dollar entry fee and a few CTP's and ACE fund.  the first day of this league would start on November 30th at 5:30.  let me know what your thoughts on this are so I can figure out if it should be one division of random draw or two divisions.  hope to hear from everyone interested.  Thanks
Thor
You're always thinking Thor. First, are you thinking about the riphizer shackle? If you are, I'll kick in what goes to the fundraiser each noght of play. Somehow, & it will take a few years, I'd like to replace the baskets at Channahon with the shackle. You know...... everything needs to match the practise basket.
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'

Frankie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 09:26:40 PM »
Hello everyone
Thor
You're always thinking Thor. First, are you thinking about the riphizer shackle? If you are, I'll kick in what goes to the fundraiser each night of play. Somehow, & it will take a few years, I'd like to replace the baskets at Channahon with the shackle. You know...... everything needs to match the practise basket.
I've thought for 24 hours now, & I'm going to start in 2012 with replacing the baskets at Channahon. It's a bit aggressive but I think I can do it. The details aren't worked out, but I called Matt Ogg to get the ball rolling. I'm clueless what to do with the Mach 3's. Hopefully I can find a buyer.
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'

BCarrescia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 08:16:27 AM »
could we put the mach 3's in at highland..?  and maybe set up the works for another jtown course??
J-Town..-tag #26

..Chain Smokin' Everyday..

Frankie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 10:04:12 PM »
Darrin Johnson & Jason McKinney are putting together a list together, including baskets for Highland. Other than material for benches, I don't know what's on the list. They will submit the list to Silver Cross. The basket fund paid for nine of the baskets at Channahon & the Park the other nine. I would be looking to sell nine of the baskets to recover some of the cost for the new ones. Many things need to come together & we'll take it one step at a time. I may be moving & that would stifle my plans for Channahon. I want to make #6 an island with a water hazard in front, that's going to take a few bucks & I need the Parks approval. I've been working on that two or three years now. I may have been premature in my vision, but that's another goal.

Thrown in the mix is my cancer battle. Things are going well, as far as the numbers go, but I'm still on hormonal therapy, so I'm not on my own yet.
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'