Home Message Board Events Courses J-Town Disc Golf Club
J-Town Disc Golf: 6th Annual Jericho Lake Ice Bowl

Author Topic: 6th Annual Jericho Lake Ice Bowl  (Read 3526 times)

Goforit

• View Profile
6th Annual Jericho Lake Ice Bowl
« on: January 10, 2012, 04:22:24 PM »
Where: Jericho Lake Park in Aurora
When:  Saturday January 21st. Sign up at 8am.
How much: $30 and 2 non-perishable items like canned goods.
Format:  2 rounds singles.
What you get:  Good food, disc golf, prizes, great players pack, and feeling good for helping with such a great cause, and maybe your picture in paper.
Here's our up to date sponsor list. Alot of these items will be in our raffle or set out for free ctps.

1.  Schepp's Hole sponsor $25
2.  Stalker Disc from 2010 worlds (15 pro signatures)  Niko, Doss,YETI, Val, Avery and many more.
3.  Crystal Buzz from 2011 Homie tournament (Homie's Mom signed this one and drew a heart.)
4.  Frank Grimes The Sod Father $50
5.  3 Cook Books from Philadelphia (KRAFT) (SAMS CLUB) $19.99 each!
6.   ARBY's Aurora
7.   1st off the press Flying Squirrel Platinum.  1 Hour out of the molding machine.  Signed by Dan Pastore himself and only thrown by the creator.
8.   Glow KC Aviar Putter from the 2011 Hall of Fame Classic in Georgia, signed by Champ Felberg, Jenkins, Climo, Shultz, and Doss.
9.   Outback Steakhouse - $45 Gift Certificate
10.  Glow Golf at Fox Valley Mall - Free 20 games of Glow Golf coupons
11.  Moores - $25 Hole Sponsor
12.  Plano YMCA - Joiners fee for membership and 2 free months. One session for any youth sports program. Approx. $200 value! #1 YMCA!
13.  Kendall 10 Theatre - 4 free coupons for 20 oz. drink and 85 oz popcorn.
14.  Patrick Engineering (Jeans day!  amount to be determined, cash donation.)
15.  City of Aurora:  Pavillion, electricity, snow plowing and 12 picnic tables.  Thanks
16.  Red Lobster of Naperville - 10 gift cards for $5 off.
17.  T.G.I. Fridays of Oswego- 4-$10 Gift Cards and 10 free appetizer or dessert cards.
18.  Jel-Sert Company - 60 boxes Wylers singles and 60 boxes popsicle freezer bars for players pack.
19.  Parkside Lanes of Montgomery - Glow Bowl Party for 10 people. $200 value!
20.  Bath and Body Works - 2 bottles of hand&body lotion.
21.  Aurora University - XL Hoodie
22.  Buffalo Wild Wings of Aurora - Box of signature sauces.
23.  Leonardi and Company $150 to Hesed House.
24.  Hetts Auto of Oswego - $25 Hole Sponsorship.
25.  On the Border of Naperville - 4 $5 gift certificates and they want to donate chips and salsa for our free lunch!
26.  7-11 of Boulder Hill. 35 coupons for a free 12 ounce slurpee.
27.  AmericInn Lodge of Oswego - One free nights stay! Very nice Hotel with good food and shopping nearby. Eagle Ridge is one mile away.
28.  Jewel Foods of Oswego - $10 Gift card
29.  Famous Daves Barbecue of Oswego - $25 Gift Card
30.  Village Grind of Oswego - $20 Gift Coin
31.  Wal-Mart by Fox Valley Mall - 2-$25 Gift Cards - Underdog purchased these cards so $50 went towards the final tally. Thanks Underdog!
32.  Marathon Gas Station-Bottom of hill in Boulder Hill - $25 Gift Card
33.  Sport Zone of Montgomery - 2 free buckets of balls
34.  Ron Miller - Hole Sponsorship -  Thanks Ron!
35.  Naperville Wellness Group - 3- $350 Gift Certificates. Thanks Tafe!
36.  Simply The Best Car Wash of Aurora - 4 $10 Gift Cards
37.  Wolf Run Golf Course on Jericho Road - $25 Hole Sponsor and 3 gift cards for buy one get one rounds of golf!
38.  Buffalo Wild Wings of Oswego - 50 wing party and a box of 3 favorite signature sauces.
39.  Holiday Inn of Oswego - 1 free night stay. Very nice hotel located 2 miles from Eagle Ridge Disc Golf Course, good food and shopping.

I know it's nothing like J-Towns list but we are trying.
Frank is hard to keep up with!
It's great to be alive!
Positive mind helps.

Goforit

• View Profile
Re: 6th Annual Jericho Lake Ice Bowl
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 05:01:32 PM »
Where: Jericho Lake Park in Aurora
When:  Saturday January 21st. Sign up at 8am.
How much: $30 and 2 non-perishable items like canned goods.
Format:  2 rounds singles.
What you get:  Good food, disc golf, prizes, great players pack, and feeling good for helping with such a great cause, and maybe your picture in paper.
Here's our up to date sponsor list. Alot of these items will be in our raffle or set out for free ctps.

2.  Stalker Disc from 2010 worlds (15 pro signatures)  Niko, Doss,YETI, Val, Avery and many more.
3.  Crystal Buzz from 2011 Homie tournament (Homie's Mom signed this one and drew a heart.)
6.   ARBY's Aurora
7.   1st off the press Flying Squirrel Platinum.  1 Hour out of the molding machine.  Signed by Dan Pastore himself and only thrown by the creator.
8.   Glow KC Aviar Putter from the 2011 Hall of Fame Classic in Georgia, signed by Champ Felberg, Jenkins, Climo, Shultz, and Doss.
12.  Plano YMCA - Joiners fee for membership and 2 free months. One session for any youth sports program. Approx. $200 value! #1 YMCA!
15.  City of Aurora:  Pavillion, electricity, snow plowing and 12 picnic tables.  Thanks
17.  T.G.I. Fridays of Oswego- 4-$10 Gift Cards and 10 free appetizer or dessert cards.
18.  Jel-Sert Company - 60 boxes Wylers singles and 60 boxes popsicle freezer bars for players pack.
25.  On the Border of Naperville - 4 $5 gift certificates and they want to donate chips and salsa for our free lunch!
27.  AmericInn Lodge of Oswego - One free nights stay! Very nice Hotel with good food and shopping nearby. Eagle Ridge is one mile away.
31.  Wal-Mart by Fox Valley Mall - 2-$25 Gift Cards - Underdog purchased these cards so $50 went towards the final tally. Thanks Underdog!
34.  Ron Miller - Hole Sponsorship -  Thanks Ron!
37.  Wolf Run Golf Course on Jericho Road - $25 Hole Sponsor and 3 gift cards for buy one get one rounds of golf!
38.  Buffalo Wild Wings of Oswego - 50 wing party and a box of 3 favorite signature sauces.
39.  Holiday Inn of Oswego - 1 free night stay. Very nice hotel located 2 miles from Eagle Ridge Disc Golf Course, good food and shopping.

I know it's nothing like J-Towns list but we are trying.
Frank is hard to keep up with!
If you haven't had Tyler Williams chili you are missing something! He is feeding everyone with it between rounds. Come and get it.
It's great to be alive!
Positive mind helps.

Goforit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 04:16:42 AM »
The following restaurants, Red Lobster, TGI Fridays, Applebees, and On the Border will be the sponsors for the free ctps. A free round of glow mini golf will be thrown in as well thanks to Glow Golf at the Fox Valley Mall. There will be one free ctp every hole. Hole 4 will have a 50/50 ctp at the cost of $5. I am donating $20 to the 50/50 ctp to fatten it up. All ctps stay out for both rounds. Please don't forget to bring some extra cash to purchase some raffle tickets! Lots of great prizes to win. Tafe is setting up some type of hula hoop game you will encounter on your rounds. We will have one extra hole. It will be the shot over the lake after hole 7. Everything is shaping up for some fun. Hope to see you there!
It's great to be alive!
Positive mind helps.

Goforit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 02:47:05 PM »
RAFFLES GETTING BETTER. TAFE HAS SOME GOOD HOLES SET UP.

6.   ARBY's Aurora
25.  On the Border of Naperville - 4 $5 gift certificates and 4 quarts of salsa and 4 bags of chips for our lunch.
34.  Ron Miller - $40 - Hole Sponsorship -  Thanks Ron!
40.  Tyler Williams - Making and bringing the famous main course chili! And lots of it.
41.  Montgomery Popcorn - 5-$5 Gift certificates
42.  Wal-Mart by Batavia - $50 in merchandise.
43.  Service Sanitation - Free porta potty!
44.  Meijer Foods - 1 pound packs of Oreo cookies for players pack!
45.  Golden Corral Buffet - 2 free meals. Way to go Rudeness!
46.  Dominicks Foods of Oswego - $15 Gift Card
47.  Aaron Scott - CE ROC
48.  Debbie Perkins - VFW Bartender - $5 Cash
49.  Wes Lindquist - $100.  Thanks Wes!
50.  Steve and Allison Vaccaro - $200. Thanks Steve and Allison!
51.  IHOP of Aurora - 3 - $10 Gift Cards
52.  Ballydoyles of Aurora - $25 Gift Card and a nice huge glass stein and t-shirt! I am 50% Irish. Go there! Corned beef is the best!
53. ej - chili bowls - lots and lots of chili bowls (paper, so we can burn the garbage for heat)
54. ej - bottled water for all. Thanks EJ!
55. Applebees of Oswego - 12 free appetizers
56. John Cleavland - Nice gift with assorted items you will love.
57. Jel-Sert Company Employees dress casual day - $600!!!!
58. Glenn Gruenke - Firewood
59. Woodmans Markets - $25 Gift Card
60. Holiday Inn on Orchard - ONE NIGHTS STAY IN A KING WHIRLPOOL SUITE  6000 sq. foot pool with kiddy features. Free breakfast.
     $179 value with disc golf and shopping nearby!
It's great to be alive!
Positive mind helps.

Goforit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 04:48:43 AM »
We appreciate the support guys. Thanks for coming out!  :)
It's great to be alive!
Positive mind helps.

BCarrescia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 06:51:12 AM »
I had a great time.. That was only my 2nd and 3rd round ever at jericho, and it was a blast.. it was set up nicely, and you guys did a great job keeping it interesting. i will definitely be back next year.. gonna try to hold my title.. haha   luv my disc golf family   (also wishing frank a speedy safe recovery) he does too much for people to watch him walk around in pain. thanks for everything frank!!
J-Town..-tag #26

..Chain Smokin' Everyday..

Frankie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 11:07:51 PM »
I had a great time.. That was only my 2nd and 3rd round ever at jericho, and it was a blast.. it was set up nicely, and you guys did a great job keeping it interesting. i will definitely be back next year.. gonna try to hold my title.. haha   luv my disc golf family   (also wishing frank a speedy safe recovery) he does too much for people to watch him walk around in pain. thanks for everything frank!!
The spirit Fox Valley leaves me is consuming. I chilled today & I'm still in my bathrobe. I  love the spirit of Randy Moore & Fox Valley. Don't get me wrong, Channahon has my heart & soul! I'm not buying trees for Oswego. I love the Disc Golf Family also!
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'