Home Message Board Events Courses J-Town Disc Golf Club
J-Town Disc Golf: Hindsdale

Author Topic: Hindsdale  (Read 5162 times)

Frankie

• View Profile
Hindsdale
« on: October 11, 2012, 10:02:51 PM »
I was talking with Gary Lewis, & then later with Flash, & they both mentioned Hindsdale, & said it was quite nice. Flash said I would like the landscape. I was told it's on 51 acres, privately owned & maintained, in the area of million dollar homes. I can't imagine a disc golf course in that setting. It might be something to check out. It's 20 to 25 minutes from Shorewood.
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'

xgibbyx

• View Profile
Re: Hindsdale
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 10:55:03 PM »
Sounds interesting!
- Gibby #54144

Frankie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 06:26:04 AM »
Sounds interesting!
I'll be checking it out. When I hear beautiful landscape it grabs my interest. I also heard it has elevation & that's always attractive.
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'

xgibbyx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 05:20:45 PM »
Sounds interesting!
I'll be checking it out. When I hear beautiful landscape it grabs my interest. I also heard it has elevation & that's always attractive.

Let me know what you think if you get there first.
- Gibby #54144

Thor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 07:08:21 PM »
close to my house so I have been playing it a lot..  it is on county line road about 1.8 miles up on the east side of the road... Katherine legge park I believe..  It is on park district property.  It is a nice course... reminds me of a better Mokena... short holes mixed with skilled shots.... hills lots of rolling hills.. I like it frank

Frankie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 09:17:01 PM »
close to my house so I have been playing it a lot..  it is on county line road about 1.8 miles up on the east side of the road... Katherine legge park I believe..  It is on park district property.  It is a nice course... reminds me of a better Mokena... short holes mixed with skilled shots.... hills lots of rolling hills.. I like it frank
What I was told was the husband gave his wife this 51 acres & it was named Katherine something Park, like you said. I think both have passed. I'll try to remember to ask Gary at the festival.
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'

xgibbyx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 07:03:57 AM »

Oh cool, I'll definitely check it out then - now that I know it has the Thor seal of approval!
- Gibby #54144

Frankie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 10:52:15 PM »
What I was told was the husband gave his wife this 51 acres & it was named Katherine something Park, like you said. I think both have passed. I'll try to remember to ask Gary at the festival.
I was out to the Katherine Legge Memorial Park today. Everything said is accurate, with the exception of the park district. Classic Landscape was mowing today. It is 51 acres of lawn, very nice. There is a narrow creek running through the property that's used nicely. It has multiple uses. One is walking/jogging around the park. Part of that is down the middle of hole #15. Katherine & Alexander Legge ashes are buried there. Katherine died in 1924 & Alexander in 1933.
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'

airspuds

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 02:08:59 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Legge

for you history buffs.

In 1916 Legge bought 53 acres (210,000 m2) of land from the Enos M. Barton estate. He started construction on a large house, but had to abandon the project when the U.S. entered into WWI and subsequently banned private building.

damn government intrusion    !!!!

Frankie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Legge

for you history buffs.

In 1916 Legge bought 53 acres (210,000 m2) of land from the Enos M. Barton estate. He started construction on a large house, but had to abandon the project when the U.S. entered into WWI and subsequently banned private building.

damn government intrusion    !!!!
I wonder if this is some sort of love story. I copied this.

In 1923 Legge became very ill during an antitrust suit. He was hospitalized in California. Katherine spent most of her time with him, and thus catching her meals 'on the fly' from area restaurants. She contracted Typhoid. Katherine died in 1924. Upon the death of Katherine in 1924, Legge took the 53 acres (210,000 m2) of land and established the Katherine Legge Memorial.
One Day at a Time!
Don't stop believin'