Just want to say Thank You to Frank Grimes for everything he has done for Disc Golf and Eagle Ridge Park over the past years! Frank, if you need anything, I will be there for you my Brother! You turn a frown into a smile!
4/1 5:15pm Shorewood Park
4/8 5:15pm Round Barn
4/15 5:15pm Trinity Links
3/1 11:00am Trinity Links
3/8 11:00am Community Park
3/15 11:00am Round Barn
3/31 5:00pm Shorewood Park
4/7 5:00pm The Canyons (Dellwood)
4/14 5:00pm Trinity Links
3/7 10:00am Community Park
Winter League PRO Stats
Bag Tag (Handicap)
J-Town Disc Golf Doubles League-FIRST HALF
4/4/15: Discontinuum Club Challenge
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - Goforit
Pages:  2
Eagle Ridge is in great shape. Come play Franks new addition on hole #9!
Summer doubles league is starting tonight, one week early.
Eagle Ridge Park starting at 5:30 sharp.
Random doubles $10 all in.
Weather looks great!
« on: December 19, 2012, 07:43:46 AM »
The Fox Valley Metro Disc Golf Clubs 7th Annual Ice Bowl has added a few things this year to help the players cope with the elements. We are pleased to announce that the Oswegoland Park District is offering the Civic Center for our use. That means while your playing your round we will be baking some home made corn bread to go along with Tyler Williams famous chili. There will be many free ctps to win and many great prizes in the raffle. Please mark down January 12th on your calendar to help support the less fortunate. Here's a list of prizes you can win with many more on the way! Thank You to all sponsors!!
Aaron Scott - 1st place trophies
Blaine Schepp - Glo Champ Boss (Homie stamp)
Blaine Schepp - Champion Roc 2008-#0640 (Still in packaging)
Famous Daves Barbecue - $25 Gift Card
Kendall 10 Theatre - Coupons for popcorn and drink (5)
TGI Fridays - Free Appetizers (9)
America Inn Lodge & Suites Oswego - Free nights stay
Cedardell Golf Course - Free Round for 2 people with cart
Plano YMCA - Free sign up and 2 free months ($132 value + $50 sports program)
Suzy's Pizza - Large Two topping Pizza
7-11 - 44 Free 12oz. Slushes for Kids.
Parkside Lanes - Free Glow Bowl Party for 10. ($250 value)
WOW 7 Cinema - Free Movie Passes (2)
Plano Liquors and Wine - Bottle of Orange Vodka
Montgomery Popcorn Company - $5 coupons for popcorn (5)
Buffalo Wild Wings - Sauces for Wings
A-1 Liquors - Bottle of Gato Blanco Wine
Jimmy Johns - 15 piece platter and 3 Free Sandwich Gift Cards
Freemans Sports - Canoe Trip for two
Paradise Car Wash - One Free (The Works) Car Wash
Whitetail Ridge Golf Course - Foursome w/cart ($200 value)
Woodmans Store - $25 Gift Card
Chicago Cubs - 2 tickets to game.
Chicago White Sox - Tyler Flowers autograghed photo (Adam Luxich)
Straight 2 You Detailing (Andy Swann) - 2-$100 gift certificates
Tyler Williams - Best Ice Bowl Chili in World
Joyce and Jim Frankino - Bears package! ($200 Value)
Mike Gossett - 2 discs
Ryan Stilson - 3 discs and Golf Chair
John Cleavland - White Sox package, excersize ball with poster, 2 lb. pilate balls 2/pk
Caseys General Store - 5 Pizza Coupons
Tafe Hemler - 2 discs
Ron Miller - LA Fitness passes
Hampton Inn - One free nights stay
Holiday Inn - Two free nights
Scottys Bar and Grill - $10, $20, $30 gift certificates
Vitamin Shoppe - Competative Pak worth around $100
Hollywood Casino - Pass for 2 to the Epic Buffet
Chicago Wolves - 2 free tickets to a game
Chicago Sky - 4 tickets and a shirt
Target Superstore - 2-$25 Gift cards
Where: Jericho Lake Park in Aurora
When: Saturday January 21st. Sign up at 8am.
How much: $30 and 2 non-perishable items like canned goods.
Format: 2 rounds singles.
What you get: Good food, disc golf, prizes, great players pack, and feeling good for helping with such a great cause, and maybe your picture in paper.
Here's our up to date sponsor list. Alot of these items will be in our raffle or set out for free ctps.
1. Schepp's Hole sponsor $25
2. Stalker Disc from 2010 worlds (15 pro signatures) Niko, Doss,YETI, Val, Avery and many more.
3. Crystal Buzz from 2011 Homie tournament (Homie's Mom signed this one and drew a heart.)
4. Frank Grimes The Sod Father $50
5. 3 Cook Books from Philadelphia (KRAFT) (SAMS CLUB) $19.99 each!
6. ARBY's Aurora
7. 1st off the press Flying Squirrel Platinum. 1 Hour out of the molding machine. Signed by Dan Pastore himself and only thrown by the creator.
8. Glow KC Aviar Putter from the 2011 Hall of Fame Classic in Georgia, signed by Champ Felberg, Jenkins, Climo, Shultz, and Doss.
9. Outback Steakhouse - $45 Gift Certificate
10. Glow Golf at Fox Valley Mall - Free 20 games of Glow Golf coupons
11. Moores - $25 Hole Sponsor
12. Plano YMCA - Joiners fee for membership and 2 free months. One session for any youth sports program. Approx. $200 value! #1 YMCA!
13. Kendall 10 Theatre - 4 free coupons for 20 oz. drink and 85 oz popcorn.
14. Patrick Engineering (Jeans day! amount to be determined, cash donation.)
15. City of Aurora: Pavillion, electricity, snow plowing and 12 picnic tables. Thanks
16. Red Lobster of Naperville - 10 gift cards for $5 off.
17. T.G.I. Fridays of Oswego- 4-$10 Gift Cards and 10 free appetizer or dessert cards.
18. Jel-Sert Company - 60 boxes Wylers singles and 60 boxes popsicle freezer bars for players pack.
19. Parkside Lanes of Montgomery - Glow Bowl Party for 10 people. $200 value!
20. Bath and Body Works - 2 bottles of hand&body lotion.
21. Aurora University - XL Hoodie
22. Buffalo Wild Wings of Aurora - Box of signature sauces.
23. Leonardi and Company $150 to Hesed House.
24. Hetts Auto of Oswego - $25 Hole Sponsorship.
25. On the Border of Naperville - 4 $5 gift certificates and they want to donate chips and salsa for our free lunch!
26. 7-11 of Boulder Hill. 35 coupons for a free 12 ounce slurpee.
27. AmericInn Lodge of Oswego - One free nights stay! Very nice Hotel with good food and shopping nearby. Eagle Ridge is one mile away.
28. Jewel Foods of Oswego - $10 Gift card
29. Famous Daves Barbecue of Oswego - $25 Gift Card
30. Village Grind of Oswego - $20 Gift Coin
31. Wal-Mart by Fox Valley Mall - 2-$25 Gift Cards - Underdog purchased these cards so $50 went towards the final tally. Thanks Underdog!
32. Marathon Gas Station-Bottom of hill in Boulder Hill - $25 Gift Card
33. Sport Zone of Montgomery - 2 free buckets of balls
34. Ron Miller - Hole Sponsorship - Thanks Ron!
35. Naperville Wellness Group - 3- $350 Gift Certificates. Thanks Tafe!
36. Simply The Best Car Wash of Aurora - 4 $10 Gift Cards
37. Wolf Run Golf Course on Jericho Road - $25 Hole Sponsor and 3 gift cards for buy one get one rounds of golf!
38. Buffalo Wild Wings of Oswego - 50 wing party and a box of 3 favorite signature sauces.
39. Holiday Inn of Oswego - 1 free night stay. Very nice hotel located 2 miles from Eagle Ridge Disc Golf Course, good food and shopping.
I know it's nothing like J-Towns list but we are trying.
Frank is hard to keep up with!
« on: August 17, 2011, 02:51:51 PM »
What: 2011 Fox Valley Metro Invitational
PDGA C-Tier Event
for Fox Valley Metro Members Only
Where: Eagle Ridge Disc Golf Course
When Monday, September 5th (Labor Day)
As a perk of membership we are offering a PDGA C tier event to our members at NO CHARGE.
This event will be a trophy only event with no payouts and no players pack. You are playing for ratings, points, and bragging rights only. There will be trophies for 1st place only in each division.
We will be playing 2 rounds of 19 holes. First round from the shorts and second round from the longs.
There will be 4 divisions offered:
PRO ($10 entry with 100% payout)
*$10 non PDGA member fee
There will be an optional ace pot available for $2 along with a 50/50 CTP for $3 with proceeds to go towards course improvements.
Registration will be open 8-9 AM
players meeting will be at 9:15 with first round to follow.
Memberships will be available for purchase with a $15 donation and includes a bag tag.
To preregister, contact any officer.
For further info on this event email email@example.com
Ed Headrick, Jim Warner, WR Jackson.
3 of the best disc golf courses I have ever played. If you get a chance go there you will be satisfied. They have everything a course can offer. All are very wooded with narrow fairways and lots of elevation. Lots of par fours and a few par 5s on every course. This tournament was very special for me because I got to meet some of the best players in the World and meet some disc golf Hall of Famers. One Hall of Famer that stuck out was PDGA member #3 Dan Stork Roddick. He was instrumental in helping Steady Ed jump start this game into tournaments. He worked for Whammo and helped with the transition. He gave a great speech at the players meeting that brought tears to my eyes. He said if the mail wasn't so slow he could of had a lower PDGA number lol. The winner Dave Felberg was there on Wednesday the same day I arrived. Him and some other great players signed a disc for our 6th annual Ice Bowl. I wanted to buy some Destroyers from Avery Jenkins but he refused to sell them to me and just signed them and gave them to me. Awesome guy. All the pros were very nice. We stayed in Augusta to try and check out the Augusta National Golf Course where the Masters is played and got about 30 feet in the gate before we were swarmed by security. They said this is a VERY private course and to turn around and get out. We took a picture of Magnolia Lane and got out. They didn't like that at all. Augusta was a dissapointment. Didn't realize the amount of poor people who live there. They are the 18th most illiterate City in the United States. North Augusta, which is in South Carolina was much better. Rented a nice black Toyota Camry with only 48 miles on it for the trip and I was glad I bought their insurance for it! We went right through a tornado on the way and quarter size hail dented and chipped up the whole car. Damage was really bad. We were so lucky to survive that storm. Beside that and cornering a copper head snake we had a blast! The south is not for me. Hospitality was not good. Those courses were top of the line and it's the Home of every PDGA member. Should of stayed in the bad old man division because I would have taken fourth place instead of eleventh but I was glad to cash.
TOP TEN ON LEADER BOARD AFTER DAY 1. SIZZLING RATED ROUNDS BY THE TOP PEOPLE!
1 Ken Climo 4297 1039 51 1053 44 1082 2:10 PM -20 95
2 Paul McBeth 27523 1029 47 1087 49 1035 2:10 PM -19 96
3 Paul Ulibarri 27171 1028 50 1062 47 1054 2:10 PM -18 97
4 Josh Anthon 17946 1036 48 1079 50 1025 2:10 PM -17 98
5 Patrick Blazek 25325 999 48 1079 51 1016 2:02 PM -16 99
6 Geoff Bennett 24962 1010 54 1028 46 1063 2:02 PM -15 100
6 Nathan Doss 11794 1036 54 1028 46 1063 2:02 PM -15 100
6 Barry Schultz 6840 1029 52 1045 48 1044 2:02 PM -15 100
6 Gregg Barsby 15857 1019 49 1070 51 1016 1:54 PM -15 100
10 Devan Owens 25168 1022 55 1019 46 1063 1:54 PM -14 101
10 Eric McCabe 11674 1026 54 1028 47 1054 1:54 PM -14 101
10 David Feldberg 12626 1042 52 1045 49 1035 1:54 PM -14 101
DANA HAD A GREAT SECOND ROUND RATED AT 1016! GO DANA!!
49 Dana Vicich 26228 985 62 960 51 1016 12:34 PM -2 113
I am looking for a place to stay in Rochester Minnesota close to Mayo Clinic. The dates I need are from March 2nd thru March 24th. I am looking forward to starting a better quality of life. It's the light at the end of the tunnel I have been looking for the last 4 years. Thank You from the bottom of my heart to all of you who have supported me through my struggles. J-Town always makes me feel welcome.
Pages:  2