If you haven't heard - the 4th Annual Jericho Lake Ice Bowl will be on Saturday, February 13th, 2010. This is a fund raising event for Hesed House and the Aurora Interfaith Food Pantry (a branch of Hesed House). There will be 2 rounds at Jericho Lake Park in Aurora, IL. First round is singles, 2nd round seeded doubles based on your first round scores. As the focus of the event is a fund raising event, the event will not be sanctioned. This allows us to offer things such as mulligans for $2 or 3 for $5 that you can only buy before the round and can use throughout either round.
You can sign up at www.paperorplasticsports.com
So far we have more than 80 sponsors signed up to support this event. This is an awesome event for an excellent cause, so will you show your support and come on out? It's $40 for Pro's, $25 for AM's, and $15 for Juniors (<16). $10 from each entry will go to Hesed House. You can sponsor a hole for $25 - email me if interested as well.
In case you are interested in the Ace Fund or other such things that go on at your regularly scheduled tournaments, the following will be available:$3 Ace Fund
- 100% paid out at end of day. If no aces hit during day, CTP will be set up (some sort of approach shot) with closest 2 to basket split. If someone Aces the CTP, they get it all.
$2 50/50 CTP - Will probably be for round TWO since everyone will definitely be playing from the same tees. It will probably be hole #1. 50% of total 50/50 will be donated to Hesed House.Putting Contest
- 9 markers will be place for around the world putting. I'm probably going to recommend that it be started a couple minutes after the cards start coming in, and then will close 5 minutes after the last card comes in (so the last card people play the game first, then eat). This way you don't have a line of people standing at each flag. The volunteer will keep track of the name of the person that made it to the furthest flag before missing both putts (you get 2 tries per flag). If there is a tie at the end with 2 people getting knocked out on the same flag, the tied players will be called back for a putt-off from the flag where they all missed and continue on until only one person remains. Entry is free - prize is still TBD.Mulligans
- $2 each, 3 for $5. Limit 54 per round. Your first round mulligans are ONLY GOOD DURING THE FIRST ROUND - so use them up. You will be able to purchase mulligans before the 2nd round (depending on the size of the field we may have to close sales of mulligans for the 2nd round to make sure everyone can get done at a decent time). 100% of the money goes to Hesed House.Raffle Tickets
- $1 each, 6 for $5, 15 for $10. 100% of the cash brought in for the raffle goes to Hesed House. A list of prizes will be available at the tournament - don't worry though, there will be some good stuff! I know that there will be a Barry Schultz autographed disc, a really nice Cubs shirt and Bull jacket, as well as a Lazer Autographed Chicago Bears Football. I expect to have plenty more prizes than that!CTP's
- by playing you will qualify for CTP's (except for the 50/50 - you do have to buy in for that). The CTP list is still being compiled. There will be one on every hole BOTH rounds. We'll split it up for the divisions so that everybody has a good chance to win stuff. Instead of marking on the CTP flag what you won - we'll have each winner pull a number out of hat (essentially) and the CTP's will be numbered - whatever number you pull, that's what you have won. To be fair to all - we'll try to limit each winner to no more than 3 CTP prizes. If you have the closest drive - go ahead and always write your name on the CTP even if you've already had your name on 3 - that way if a previous one gets beat you can still win up to your 3 prizes. We'll arrange it so that the person who was next closest can also win a prize. There's more than enough for everyone to give away all this stuff, so enjoy all the free stuff!Payouts
- all of the payouts will be in the form of pick-your-own-prize Reward Dollars redeemable with Paper or Plastic Sports merchandise. There will be a good selection of product on hand (why wouldn't there be?
), and you can use your payouts on that. The reward dollars are good all year, you can save them up and use them at any tournament where I'm vending (about 15 events this year). They are not valid for online sales, but you can contact me via email or PM to arrange a purchase.
Best part of all - HAVE FUN and Support a GREAT Cause!