Have you ever wanted to play a course set up like Winthrop Gold but don’t want to travel all the way to SC? Here’s your chance. We’ve re-designed Mokena’s 27 hole course into 18 holes and laid out over 5100 feet of rope. The result, an 18 hole, 7738 foot, par 61 challenge.
Eagle/Ace Fund: $2 (Optional) *Ace Fund pays out for all aces plus any 2s on 1,3,4,8,12,16 50/50 CTP: $3 (Optional) * 50% of the CTP fund will go towards the J-Town Disc Golf Club Enhancement Fund (Course Fund)
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00
Ace Fund: $2 (Optional) 50/50 CTP: $3 (Optional) 50% goes to the Club Enhancement Fund
Field limited to 90 players. So preregister by posting below or contact any officer.
This tournament is just a perk of the club, as well as a huge thank you for being a member!! We are playing for ratings and PDGA points. The club will cover the PDGA’s tournament fees. 100% cash payout to Open division. There will be no prizes, just FUN, points, and ratings. There will be trophies for 1st place in each division. For more information e-mail email@example.com.
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 41 5/9/16 McDonalds – 4280 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60431 Meeting called to order: 5:02 PM
Members Present: Sean Callahan Dave Kociuba Shawn McCarthy Jason Poole Steve Rachan
1. Financials (see attached) ● 114 Members ● $801 available for course projects ● Approved 4-0
2. Discontinuum Club Challenge Recap • J-Town was represented by 42 players (15 A, 13 B, 14 C) • J-Town came out in the lead for all divisions both rounds • Full points, and ratings for J-Town players are posted on the JTownDiscGolf.com message board.
3. Handicap League • 1st session averaging 21 players/week • 2nd session has been sanctioned to run from 6/7-7/26
4. Highland Park Basket Move Recap • 8 Members showed up to help out • Basket move went easier than expected so we did some additional work: o cut a fairway for the 2nd pin placement on 6 o installed basket sleeves on 6 and 11 o pulled the old baskets on 5 and 6
5. Course Project- Highland Park Tee for 16 • Hand mix bags of concrete and get gravel from course. Date TBA.
6. Course Project- Signs for Dellwood • J-Town to sponsor tee signs for new holes at Dellwood (6A-B, 8A-D) at $30 each ($180 Total) in exchange for J-Town logo inclusion in the design. Vote Passes 4-0 • Sponsorship for Blue tee signs (10). Vote Passes 4-0 • Sponsorship for A-B tee signs (2). Vote Passes 4-0 • Replacement of signs needing updating (11). Vote Fails 0-3-1 • Steve Rachan volunteered to cover the cost of the 2 damaged signs (5 & 10)
7. Elections ● Dave Kociuba- President, unopposed ● Steve Rachan-Vice President, unopposed ● Jason Poole- Treasurer, unopposed ● Dean Bingham- Secretary, unopposed ● Vote for Member Advocate o Sean Callahan will take over the position on 6/1 o We would like to thank Shawn McCarthy for his time and dedication to the position.
8. Open Q&A ● J-Town Invitational o 7/17 or 7/24 o Sean Callahan to contact Dellwood for course use, backup location will be Trinity Links ● Jason Poole to create league page for Briggs St Doubles on jtowndiscgolf.com
Voting is now open for J-Town Disc Golf Club officers. All positions with the exception of Member Advocate are unopposed, so voting will only be for Member Advocate.
The candidates are Sean Callahan Shawn McCarthy
You may vote by contacting any officer (Dave Kociuba, Steve Rachan, Jason Poole, Dean Bingham, or Shawn McCarthy). Ballots will also be available at handicap leagues on 5/3 and at the club meeting on 5/9. Voting will be finalized at the meeting on 5/9 with the new officers taking over the positions on 6/1.
Please take this time to nominate a J-Town Disc Golf club member for the following positions.
President Vice-President Secretary Treasurer Member Advocate
Individual Board position descriptions are listed below:
1. President a. The President shall chair meetings and special sessions of the Board of Directors. The Secretary and Treasurer shall report to the President. The President participates in the nominating of, and approves, all Staff nominations. b. The President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. President checks and confirms all public communications (monthly newsletters, club flyers, press releases, etc.) before release. c. The President shall have access to the Club’s bank account(s) and other investments, if any, with the expressed approval of the Treasurer.
2. Vice-President a. The Vice President shall chair the Staff-based Operations Team, acting as team leader. b. The Vice President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. The Vice President shall assist the President as needed. c. Any teams or committees created by the Board of Directors shall be managed by the Vice President (or by a delegate appointed by the Vice President if approved by the rest of the Board). d. In the event of the President’s absence, the Vice President shall chair Club meetings.
3. Secretary a. The Secretary shall be responsible for much of the communication of information within the structure of the Club. b. The Secretary shall record and disseminate the agenda, minutes, and notes from monthly and other Club meetings. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to respond to public inquiries, answer appropriate Club email, or forward such communication to the President. c. By nature of the position, the Secretary will need to work closely with the Webmaster or Assistant Webmaster in the combined goal of maintaining clear and consistent communication within the Club and in the eyes of the public. d. The Secretary shall chair Club meetings in the President and Vice President’s absence.
4. Treasurer a. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the financial integrity of the Club. The Treasurer maintains all accounts payable, accounts receivable, sponsorship donations, and other Club investments. b. The Treasurer shall give a comprehensive financial status report at the Club meetings. c. The Treasurer is responsible for filing all appropriate State of Illinois and Federal taxes and fees.
5. Member Advocate a. The Member Advocate is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship between the Board of Directors and the general membership. b. The Member Advocate shall talk with members to come up with member concerns and desired changes in a more informal setting than the general membership meetings. These topics will then be presented at meetings on the member’s behalf, anonymously if desired.
Where:Lemon Lake County Park, Crown Point, IN When: 4/9/15 Check-in will be 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM. Tee-off will be right around 9:45 AM (Subject to change) Cost: Free (J-Town Disc Golf Club will cover any fees for J-Town players) Who: Clubs will include Basket Cases, DISContinuum, Fox Valley, J-Town, and Union. (Subject to additions)
J-Town Disc Golf Club is looking for club members to commit to this event. Format will be 2 rounds of singles. Members will be divided into 3 division (945+, 900-944, and 899-). Best 5 finishing positions for each division per round will count towards the club total. Lowest club total wins.
Field limited to 14 members for each division from each club. J-Town will decide our roster based on the following: 11 spots will go to the highest rated sign-ups, the other 3 spots in each division will be Captain's choice. Dave Kociuba will be the Captain for J-Town Disc Golf Club this year.
Please reply to this post (PDGA #, Name, and Rating) if you want to represent the J-Town Disc Golf Club. I will periodically update this post with our roster. You will need to be a club member to play (we will have memberships available at the event).
Ace Fund: $5 (Optional) 50/50 CTP: $5 (Optional) PDGA Sanctioning (1st Rnd): $1 (Optional) * In the event that no eligible players hit an ace, the ace fund will be donated to the Salvation Army. * 50% of the CTP fund will be donated to the Salvation Army.
Approx 40% of entry fees will be donated to the Salvation Army.
First Place winners will receive trophies. Cash payouts for all divisions. Raffle tickets for sale for prizes.
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00
2 Rounds, 18 Holes Short Tees First round singles (combined score) Second round best shot doubles.
Free CTPs for J-Town Disc Golf Club members: • J-Town Screen Print Dri-Fit Tee • J-Town Screen Print Long Sleeve Tee • J-Town Embroidered Nike Dri-Fit Polo • J-Town Embroidered Hoody • J-Town Buzzz
Field limited to 72 players (36 Teams). Preregister in person at Greater Joliet Bag Tags or at J-Town Winter Doubles (see Dave K or Jason P).