Where:Lemon Lake County Park, Crown Point, IN When: 4/8/17 Check-in will be 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM. Tee-off will be right around 9:45 AM (Subject to change) Cost: Free (J-Town Disc Golf Club will cover any fees for J-Town players) Who: Clubs will include Basket Cases, DISContinuum, Fox Valley, J-Town, and Union. (Subject to additions)
It's time to defend our title from last year! If you are interested in playing for team J Town, please post your PDGA # and rating on this post. I would like to have our team roster ready by the end of March at the latest. The highest rated players for each pool will be selected. However, there will be captain picks for each pool. The board members need to discuss this part. Please read all of the info below. You must be a current 2017 J Town club member. We will have memberships to sell that day, but please try to become a member before the day of the event. We ran out of tags last year. Also, please check your schedules to make sure you can play. Every year several players state that they are coming, and then back out a week or two before. A full team is needed to be successful at this challenge, and scrambling to fill spots is a headache I'd rather not deal with.....again. Let's do it again, J Town! Sweaty Hugs!
J-Town Disc Golf Club is looking for club members to commit to this event. Format will be 2 rounds of singles. Members will be divided into 4 division (A:950+, B:925-949, C:890-924, and D:<890). Best 5 finishing positions for each division per round will count towards the club total. Lowest club total wins.
Field limited to 10 members for each division from each club. J-Town will decide our roster based on the following: 8 spots will go to the highest rated sign-ups, the other 2 spots in each division will be Captain's choice. Dave Kociuba will be the Captain for J-Town Disc Golf Club this year.
Please reply to this post (PDGA #, Name, and Rating) if you want to represent the J-Town Disc Golf Club. I will periodically update this post with our roster. You will need to be a club member to play (we will have memberships available at the event).
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 44 11/14/16 McDonalds 4280 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60431 Meeting called to order: 5:06 pm
Members Present: Shawn McCarthy Kristi McCarthy Ismael Ochoa Jason Poole Steve Rachan
1. Financials (see attached) ● 151 Members ● $1182 available for course projects ● Chipper rental project canceled and reserved funds have been returned to course project fund
2. Greater Joliet Bag Tags (Saturdays) Avg 16 per week Awards o Greater Joliet Bag Tags Points based on Scratch Score Funds to come from CTP fund
3. 2017 Ice Bowl February 18, Trinity, non-sanctioned. Bring your own partner, First round singles, Second round best shot Cash payouts for all divisions Fundraiser Raffle Proposed Entry: o Mens Open: $80 per team o Mens Advanced: $60 per team o Mens Recreational: $60 per team o Womens Advanced: $40 per team Tournament Director: Steve Rachan Assistant Tournament Director: Jason Poole
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 43 9/12/16 Community Park, Channahon, IL Meeting called to order: 5:12 P.M
Members Present: Sean Callahan Shawn McCarthy Jason Poole Steve Rachan
1. Financials (see attached) ● 147 Members ● $665 available for course projects
2. Handicap League 2nd session report has been turned in and paid Current session runs through 9/27
a. Awards $433 Available, estimate $470 by end 4 Spots, 3 Plaques Budget $120 Party, $10 Perpetual, $100 Plaques, $235 Prizes (80/60/50/45)
3. Greater Joliet Bag Tags (Saturdays) 11/5-12/31 (9 weeks) J-Town, Basketcases, CSI, Birdie Babes Inviting Chicagoland Disc Golf Club to join $5 entry fee each week: $3 50/50 CTP $1 Ace Fund $1 Sanctioning 50/50 CTP proceeds will be split evenly into each representing club
4. Course Project- Highland Park (16 Tee) Proposed date: September 17, 2016 o Date changed to September 16, 2016 o Steve Rachan, Dean Bingham, Marco Guiterrez (and family) were present in completing the teepad
5. 2017 Ice Bowl February 18, Trinity, non-sanctioned. Bring your own partner, First round singles, Second round best shot Cash payouts for all divisions Fundraiser Raffle Proposed Entry: o Mens Open: $80 per team o Mens Advanced: $60 per team o Mens Recreational: $60 per team o Womens Advanced: $40 per team Tournament Director: Steve Rachan Assistant Tournament Director: Jason Poole
6. 2017 Bag Tags a. Order 200 Tags (1-199, extra 1), $1.75 ea 20 more 2016 Tags (151-170), $1.75 ea $15 Shipping $400 total from general fund (approved 4-0)
b. Distribution 1/7/17 at Greater Joliet Bag Tags Any player to buy a new 2016 J-town Disc Golf Club tag after November 1st, 2016 will receive a 2017 after January 7th, 2017
c. Membership Pricing $10 Tag and carabineer $18 Tag, carabineer, and disc ($10 Club, $8 Ice Bowl) Free Membership for Rewards Program = $15 off $18 membership, then $3 will go to Ice Bowl donation
7. West Park No reply from Army Core of Engineers Plan redesigns over winter, give West Park a facelift Spring/Summer 2017 Continue searching for information on West Parks future outside of the disc golf course Our priority is to redesign West Park to be safe, playable, and long lasting
8. Open Q&A We received 5 old Ice Bowl discs for our 2016 Ice Bowl total. Add to next years Ice Bowl raffle Gary does not plan to move pin placements at Highland this year. Add a new sleeve to Hole 5 at Highland near old pin placement (compliment Hole 6s alternate pin placement) Use of Clubs baskets at Heritage Park October 22nd and 23rd, 2016 approved o Shawn Mccarthy : 3 baskets, Dean Bingham: 1 basket Thor : 4 baskets for the event Cancel approved woodchip rental project at Highland ($550 Club Enhancement Fund)
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 42 7/11/16 Community Park, Channahon, IL Meeting called to order: 5:01 PM
Members Present: Sean Callahan Dave Kociuba Shawn McCarthy Jason Poole
1. Financials (see attached) ● 130 Members ● $257 available for course projects ● Approved 3-0
2. Handicap League 2nd session averaging 19 players/week Current session runs through 7/26 3rd Session will run from 8/2-9/27 (9 Weeks)
3. Course Project- Highland Park (16 Tee) Proposed date of 8/6 will not work due to officers not being available. To be discussed at the September club meeting.
4. Course Project- Signs for Dellwood Final cost $707 from J-Town DGC, $60 from Steve Rachan, and the park district covered the rest for 30 new tee signs. Signs have been installed.
5. J-Town Invitational 7/17 at Dellwood Sean Callahan has reserved the pavilion Jason Poole TD 4 Divisions: Open, Adv, Adv Women, and Rec
6. West Park Sean Callahan to contact Army Corps of Engineers and will report back about any impacts to the current layout before planning begins for any changes.
7. Open Q&A Sean Callahan to contact Shorewood Park District in regard to a down tree on hole 11 at Shorewood Park Jason Poole to talk to Gary about the plans for changing pin placements at Highland
Have you ever wanted to play a course set up like Winthrop Gold but dont want to travel all the way to SC? Heres your chance. Weve re-designed Mokenas 27 hole course into 18 holes and laid out over 5100 feet of rope. The result, an 18 hole, 7738 foot, par 61 challenge.
Eagle/Ace Fund: $2 (Optional) *Ace Fund pays out for all aces plus any 2s on 1,3,4,8,12,16 50/50 CTP: $3 (Optional) * 50% of the CTP fund will go towards the J-Town Disc Golf Club Enhancement Fund (Course Fund)
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00
Ace Fund: $2 (Optional) 50/50 CTP: $3 (Optional) 50% goes to the Club Enhancement Fund
Field limited to 90 players. So preregister by posting below or contact any officer.
This tournament is just a perk of the club, as well as a huge thank you for being a member!! We are playing for ratings and PDGA points. The club will cover the PDGAs tournament fees. 100% cash payout to Open division. There will be no prizes, just FUN, points, and ratings. There will be trophies for 1st place in each division. For more information e-mail email@example.com.
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 41 5/9/16 McDonalds 4280 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60431 Meeting called to order: 5:02 PM
Members Present: Sean Callahan Dave Kociuba Shawn McCarthy Jason Poole Steve Rachan
1. Financials (see attached) ● 114 Members ● $801 available for course projects ● Approved 4-0
2. Discontinuum Club Challenge Recap J-Town was represented by 42 players (15 A, 13 B, 14 C) J-Town came out in the lead for all divisions both rounds Full points, and ratings for J-Town players are posted on the JTownDiscGolf.com message board.
3. Handicap League 1st session averaging 21 players/week 2nd session has been sanctioned to run from 6/7-7/26
4. Highland Park Basket Move Recap 8 Members showed up to help out Basket move went easier than expected so we did some additional work: o cut a fairway for the 2nd pin placement on 6 o installed basket sleeves on 6 and 11 o pulled the old baskets on 5 and 6
5. Course Project- Highland Park Tee for 16 Hand mix bags of concrete and get gravel from course. Date TBA.
6. Course Project- Signs for Dellwood J-Town to sponsor tee signs for new holes at Dellwood (6A-B, 8A-D) at $30 each ($180 Total) in exchange for J-Town logo inclusion in the design. Vote Passes 4-0 Sponsorship for Blue tee signs (10). Vote Passes 4-0 Sponsorship for A-B tee signs (2). Vote Passes 4-0 Replacement of signs needing updating (11). Vote Fails 0-3-1 Steve Rachan volunteered to cover the cost of the 2 damaged signs (5 & 10)
7. Elections ● Dave Kociuba- President, unopposed ● Steve Rachan-Vice President, unopposed ● Jason Poole- Treasurer, unopposed ● Dean Bingham- Secretary, unopposed ● Vote for Member Advocate o Sean Callahan will take over the position on 6/1 o We would like to thank Shawn McCarthy for his time and dedication to the position.
8. Open Q&A ● J-Town Invitational o 7/17 or 7/24 o Sean Callahan to contact Dellwood for course use, backup location will be Trinity Links ● Jason Poole to create league page for Briggs St Doubles on jtowndiscgolf.com
Voting is now open for J-Town Disc Golf Club officers. All positions with the exception of Member Advocate are unopposed, so voting will only be for Member Advocate.
The candidates are Sean Callahan Shawn McCarthy
You may vote by contacting any officer (Dave Kociuba, Steve Rachan, Jason Poole, Dean Bingham, or Shawn McCarthy). Ballots will also be available at handicap leagues on 5/3 and at the club meeting on 5/9. Voting will be finalized at the meeting on 5/9 with the new officers taking over the positions on 6/1.