I'll be there.
9/2 5:30pm Knoch Knolls Park
9/9 5:15pm Trinity Links
9/16 5:15pm Round Barn
9/1 5:30pm Knoch Knolls Park
9/8 5:00pm Trinity Links
JTown DGDL 2nd Half Pro/Adv
Overall Points Am/Nov 2015
Overall Points Pro/Adv 2015
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - pooleje
Candidates for The Gary Lewis Achievement Award 2011A candidate you seem to have left out
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting
07/11/11 5:00 PM-- Meeting #12
If the weather is decent we will have it at Channahon Community Park. If not-so-much then back to McDonald's on Jefferson in Shorewood. I will edit the post as soon as a place is finalized.
1) Financial Report
2) Club Invitational Recap
3) Club Logo
4) Club Shirts
5) Vice President Position
6) Handicap Leagues- Member Only CTP
Hey Thor, can you link me to the signup page? I can't find it.
Look on the sidebar to the left, the orange icon next to "Trinity Lake Open" will take you to the registration page.
Where's check-in?Check in will be in the parking lot between 9 and 10.
Your on your own for lunch.
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting
05/09/11 5:00 PM
Channahon, Community Park
Members in attendance:
Meeting called to order, 5:15.
1) Financial Report: see attached.
2) Club Vice President Position
* Nominations will end on 05/23/11.
* Voting 05/23/11-06/01/11.
* Frank Grimes was nominated and accepted.
3) Handicap League Review
* CTP #3 (J-Town Members only) An incentive to recruit more players for leagues and the club, free for members, will be running until the end of the 1st half of the summer season; at least.
4) Purchasing of a laptop for league business
* $700 limit, for Club Laptop (purchased with General Fund). Voted, approved.
5) Course Improvements
* If we accept bids for course improvements, they are not to exceed 10% over the original bid with receipts.
* Bid: $80 for treated 6x6 purchase to make Channahon Hole #2 (Wall) look more like the top of a castle wall.
6) Club Merchandise Purchases
* We would like to get polyester/dry-fit polos.
* Collared, short-sleeve polo
* Blue & orange
* Possible contacts: That Guy’s Custom Screen Printing, Gary Lewis, Deb (Riphizers t-shirts)
* Looking for a club logo that identifies with J-Town (Any J-Town Member is welcome to submit ideas).
Meeting adjourned, 6:25 PM.
What: 2011 J-Town Disc Golf Club Invitational (PDGA C-Tier)
Where: Highland Park, Joliet, IL
When: Monday, May 30th, 2011
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30
Players Meeting: 8:45
First Round Tee Time: 9:00
1st round White tees, 2nd round Blue Tees
Open Divisions: $10
Advanced Divisions: FREE
*$10 PDGA Non-Member Fee
Ace Fund: $2 (Optional)
50/50 CTP: $3 (Optional) 50% goes to the Club Enhancement Fund
Field limited to 90 players. So preregister by posting below or contact any officer.
This tournament is just a perk of the club, as well as a huge thank you for being a member!!
We are playing for ratings and PDGA points. The club will cover the PDGA’s tournament fees.
100% cash payout to Open division.
There will be no prizes for AM1, just FUN, points, and ratings.
There will be trophies for 1st place in each division.
For more information e-mail email@example.com.
Click here for the flyer.
Week 3 Highland Park
40s with light wind
Ace pot will start at $12 for next week at Trinity Links.
Week 1 was canceled.
Week 2 Channahon
Short 17 Holes (#6 was under water)
Low 60s, Windy
Tom Matesevac- 1st $20, Hot Round $5, all 3 CTPs $24
Mike Stahulak- 2nd $14, Ace #7 $9
Frank Grimes- 3rd $11
Highland Park Red Tees Next Week 5:30 start.
« on: April 25, 2011, 09:46:35 AM »
Nominations for the current election have closed and since all positions are unopposed, there will be no need for voting.
Officers for the period of 6/1/11-5/31/12 are:
President: Ray Hill
Secretary- Dean Bingham
Treasurer- Jason Poole
Member Advocate- Dave Kociuba
We will discuss what to do about the vacant position at the next club meeting (5/9/11).
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting #10
3/14/11 5:00 PM
McDonalds- 4280 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60431
Motion to bring meeting to order 5:03 PM.
Members in attendance:
* Ray Hill
* Frank Grimes
* Jason Poole
* Dean Bingham
* Dave Kociuba
* Tom Matesevac
1) Financial Report (see attached)
2) J-Town Club Invitational
* Two rounds at Highland
* Tournament Director: Jason Poole
* $10 for Pro division, 100% payout.
* Free for Amateur division
* Trophy for 1st in each division.
* $10 for non-PDGA fee applies.
* PDGA sanctioned event for 2011 J-Town members only.
3) Discontinuum Club Challenge
* Held in Rockford, 3/27/11
* Captain(s): Dean Bingham, Dave Kociuba
* Donations: J-Town membership
4) Handicap Singles League (Frank’s & Bean’s)
* Singles will follow the Doubles Best Shot schedule, except that we will start on 4/19/11.
* We are adding a third CTP that will be free, and for members only.
* Cory Clements will be contacted to see if he will be interested in doing Saturday Bag Tag Challenges.
5) Board Member Nominations
* Nomination Period: 3/14/11-4/24/11
* Voting: 4/25/11-5/9/11
* Election Day: 5/9/11
* Elected Board Members take office on 6/1/11
* Nominated and accepted at the meeting: Dean Bingham- Secretary, Jason Poole- Treasurer, Dave Kociuba- Member Advocate
6) Team Challenge Review
* Challenge went well and was well attended. The organization of the team and the
advertising to club members needs to be worked on.
* With the plan of having more organized club challenges, the board is putting forth
the following rules for all future club challenges:
a) Club officers are the only members authorized to issue/accept club
challenges; no matter how big/small.
b) Board members shall nominate and vote on captain(s)
c) Failure to follow these rules will result in the J-Town Disc Golf Club not
recognizing the event and will provide no assistance.
d) Anything that is associated with J-Town Disc Golf Club needs to be
approved by the board.
7) Social Media
* J-Town has a Facebook page and a Twitter account.
* We are trying to broaden our horizons.
8 ) Open Q&A
* We are looking to add more incentives to the J-Town membership, for example, merchandise.
Motion to close, 6:38 PM.
i like the ida ..... so how dose the handicap play in to the scoring?....
What we do is use past data to determine what a 1000 rated player would shoot at a given course (SSA). Then we would use your player rating to determine what you should be shooting on this course. Your handicap is 80% of the difference.
Channahon Short Tees- SSA=45.95
Player Rating: 855 means on average you should shoot 57.81
80% of 11.86=9.49 which would be rounded to 9. This would be your handicap.
Your final score would be what you shot minus your handicap. We use this adjusted score to figure payouts and points.