Hey, i registered online for intermediate women last Sunday and it still hasn't shown up, but my credit card has been charged. Not sure what's going on. My name is Lindsay Truesdale #45902 if that helps!
Please note that there is both a Global Event and a Local Event. What you registered for online was the global portion (Participants List). Unfortunately, the PDGA does not notify us of who signs up for the global portion of this event and has not put up the online pre-reg for the local portion of the event. I have since gone through their list and added everyone to our list.
That being said, all players will still need to sign-up for the local event on Saturday ($20 for Pro, $15 for Am).There is not a non-PDGA member fee for this event. I have updated the original post to be more clear about the fees.
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00
2 Rounds, 20 Hole Ropes Course
Open Divisions: $10 Advanced Divisions: FREE *$10 PDGA Non-Member Fee Ace Fund: $2 (Optional) 50/50 CTP: $3 (Optional) 50% goes to the Club Enhancement Fund
Field limited to 80 players. So preregister by posting below or contact any officer.
This tournament is just a perk of the club, as well as a huge thank you for being a member!! We are playing for ratings and PDGA points. The club will cover the PDGA’s tournament fees. 100% cash payout to Open division. There will be no prizes for AM1, just FUN, points, and ratings. There will be trophies for 1st place in each division. For more information e-mail email@example.com.
Frank's & Bean's Tuesday Nights (Handicap-Singles League) • Start date: April 10, 2012, Follow the same schedule as the doubles league. Same time and same place as the Wednesday Nights, but on Tuesday. (Schedule) • $5 entry fee, optional Ace ($1), optional PDGA Sanctioned ($1) & CTPs (2x$2/CTP) = $6, CTPs will be designated as Prize Fund & Club Enhancements. The payout will be the top 30% with a minimum of $5 for last cash. $0.50 from each entry fee will pay the hot round of the day. • This year, players will have the option of playing leagues as a PDGA Sanctioned event. They will receive official ratings and points. • Handling of non-rated players: If you do not have a PDGA rating, your first 3 rounds at the handicap leagues will be free to establish your handicap. You will only be allowed to participate in the Ace Fund, CTPs, and Bag Tags (Bag Tags will be determined on the scratch score). Another option to acquire your handicap; if a club officer is willing to play those three rounds outside of league night. After you accumulate more rounds your rating will be taken from your last 5 rounds. • Frank Grimes, Dean Bingham, and Dave Kociuba will be running it. Jason Poole will be handling the PDGA sanctioning and results.
At this time the J-Town Disc Golf Club is now accepting nominations for the Board Member positions.
Please take this time to nominate a J-Town Disc Golf club member for the following positions.
President Vice-President Secretary Treasurer Member Advocate
Individual Board position descriptions are listed below:
1. President a. The President shall chair meetings and special sessions of the Board of Directors. The Secretary and Treasurer shall report to the President. The President participates in the nominating of, and approves, all Staff nominations. b. The President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. President checks and confirms all public communications (monthly newsletters, club flyers, press releases, etc.) before release. c. The President shall have access to the Club’s bank account(s) and other investments, if any, with the expressed approval of the Treasurer.
2. Vice-President a. The Vice President shall chair the Staff-based Operations Team, acting as team leader. b. The Vice President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. The Vice President shall assist the President as needed. c. Any teams or committees created by the Board of Directors shall be managed by the Vice President (or by a delegate appointed by the Vice President if approved by the rest of the Board). d. In the event of the President’s absence, the Vice President shall chair Club meetings.
3. Secretary a. The Secretary shall be responsible for much of the communication of information within the structure of the Club. b. The Secretary shall record and disseminate the agenda, minutes, and notes from monthly and other Club meetings. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to respond to public inquiries, answer appropriate Club email, or forward such communication to the President. c. By nature of the position, the Secretary will need to work closely with the Webmaster or Assistant Webmaster in the combined goal of maintaining clear and consistent communication within the Club and in the eyes of the public. d. The Secretary shall chair Club meetings in the President and Vice President’s absence.
5. Member Advocate a. The Member Advocate is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship between the Board of Directors and the general membership. b. The Member Advocate shall talk with members to come up with member concerns and desired changes in a more informal setting than the general membership meetings. These topics will then be presented at meetings on the member’s behalf, anonymously if desired.
J‐Town Disc Golf Club Meeting #16 03/12/12 McDonald’s (Jefferson & 55) Meeting called to order 5:00 PM Members in attendance: Ray Hill Frank Grimes Jason Poole Dean Bingham Dave Kociuba
1) Financials (see attached)
2) Ice Bowl (recap) * $8382 and over 1000 lbs. of food was raised for the Morning Star Mission.
3) Discontinuum Club Challenge * Captain: Dean and Dave
4) Handicap Singles League * Opening Day 04/10/12, West Park * J‐Town will be sanctioning leagues with the PDGA on a trial basis. The sanctioning fee is $25 for 10 weeks paid by the club. There needs to be a minimum of 5 players to sanction each week. $1 will be added to the entry fee if a player decides to play under the sanctioned status. It is optional, each week, to play sanctioned or non‐sanctioned. Dean Bingham will be the TD/Official. Jason Poole will be the Assistant TD.
5) J‐Town Invitational * 05/27/12, “Ropes Course” at The Oaks in Mokena. April is the deadline for final details. Lockport will be the alternate location if needed.
6) Club Name on Tournaments * Woman’s Global Tournament: Ray Hill, TD. Approved for association with J‐Town Disc Golf Club.* Mokena Tournament: “Ropes Course,” USDGC qualifier “performance” edition. Approved for association with J‐Town Disc Golf Club.
7) Elections * Nominations 03/12/12‐04/12/12, Elections 04/13/12‐05/14/12, Take office on 6/1/12. * Nominations: President: Ray Hill (A) Vice President: Frank Grimes (?), Jesse Saenz (?) Treasurer: Jason Poole (A) Secretary: Dean Bingham (A) Member Advocate: Dave Kociuba (A)
I'm looking to attend this weekend and to join J-Town DGC for this event and also to begin attending other events during the year. I played with Discontinuum a year or two ago and then a wedding, house and other things got in the way of my schedule.
Can I sign up to play with J-Town and play with the club at the event?
PDGA #36536 Rating: <935 (iirc, I just renewed membership today.)
Sure, we'd be glad to have you. Just show up at the course and see one of the club officers (Ray, Frank, Dean, Dave, Jason) and we'll get you signed up with the club.
J-Town Disc Golf Club is looking for club members to commit to this event. Format will be 1 rounds of singles, 27 holes. Members will be divided into 2 division with a 935 rating break point. Best 5 upper/ 8 lower finishing positions for each division per round will count towards the club total. Lowest club total wins.
Please reply to this post (Name and Rating) if you want to represent the J-Town Disc Golf Club. I will periodically update this post with our roster.
Members in attendance: Ray Hill Frank Grimes Jason Poole Dean Bingham Dave Kociuba Thor Batchelor Gary Lewis
1) Financials (see attached)
2) Club Challenge • J-Town members donated their winnings to the club
3) 2012 Bag Tags • #20 and above were sold previous to playing for the distribution of #1-#19 on a set date. Distribution of 2013 Bag Tags will be the same format.
4) Clothing • J-Town apparel is available for sale. • As a “Thank You” for volunteering their time, J-Town board members will be able to buy apparel/merchandise at cost, for personal use only. • As a gift for producing the J-Town logo, Mike Kursell will receive 1 screen print item and 1 embroidered item.
5) Ice Bowl • J-Town received a box of minis, discs, and stickers for its finish in the 2011 Ice Bowl. As a nice gesture to the 2012 members, they will receive a J-Town mini until supplies are gone (approx. 99). The discs planned to be auctioned at the 2012 J-Town Ice Bowl. • Coffee, hot chocolate, and food provided by the Morning Star Mission. • Registration Day-of Fee $5. • If a player does not bring 2 canned food items/2 non-perishable food items they will be charged a $5 fee. • All extra fees are donated to the Morning Star Mission. • Dean Bingham will contact Herald-News when flyer is complete.