J‐Town Disc Golf Club Meeting #13 09/12/11 5:00 PM Channahon Community Park
Meeting called to order, 5:05 PM.
Members in attendance: * Ray Hill * Frank Grimes * Jason Poole * Dean Bingham * Dave Kociuba
1) Financial Report (see attached)
2) Frank’s and Bean’s Trophy Talk * Dean is contacting Evon’s Trophies and Awards, and Dale Delsasso about the 2011 trophies. * We are going to have an annual plaque with the first place winner of the singles handicap league from each year, aside from the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place plaques that we will award each year. * The annual plaque will be paid for by borrowing from the General Fund and will be paid back by paying a third of the amount for the next three years.
3) Club Logo * The club is deciding on a permanent logo. * Voting on the logo will take place at singles handicap league on 09/27/11 @ 4:30.
4) Club Shirts * Delayed until Club Logo is finalized.
5) Member Course Projects
6) Open Q&A * J‐Town Ice Bowl 02/04/12, Dave Kociuba will be the TD. He will be given $100 from the Club to pay for the sanctioning fees and insurance with the PDGA. * J‐Town Disc Golf Club has recognized the lines of communication have been opened with Mokena Park District, Mary Beth Windberg, for relations in the future.
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 05/09/11 5:00 PM Channahon, Community Park
Members in attendance: Frank Grimes Jason Poole Dean Bingham
Meeting called to order, 5:15.
1) Financial Report: see attached.
2) Club Vice President Position * Nominations will end on 05/23/11. * Voting 05/23/11-06/01/11. * Frank Grimes was nominated and accepted.
3) Handicap League Review * CTP #3 (J-Town Members only) An incentive to recruit more players for leagues and the club, free for members, will be running until the end of the 1st half of the summer season; at least.
4) Purchasing of a laptop for league business * $700 limit, for Club Laptop (purchased with General Fund). Voted, approved.
5) Course Improvements * If we accept bids for course improvements, they are not to exceed 10% over the original bid with receipts. * Bid: $80 for treated 6x6 purchase to make Channahon Hole #2 (Wall) look more like the top of a castle wall.
6) Club Merchandise Purchases * We would like to get polyester/dry-fit polos. * Collared, short-sleeve polo * Screen-printing/embroidered * Blue & orange * Possible contacts: That Guy’s Custom Screen Printing, Gary Lewis, Deb (Riphizers t-shirts) * Looking for a club logo that identifies with J-Town (Any J-Town Member is welcome to submit ideas).
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00
1st round White tees, 2nd round Blue Tees
Open Divisions: $10 Advanced Divisions: FREE *$10 PDGA Non-Member Fee Ace Fund: $2 (Optional) 50/50 CTP: $3 (Optional) 50% goes to the Club Enhancement Fund
Field limited to 90 players. So preregister by posting below or contact any officer.
This tournament is just a perk of the club, as well as a huge thank you for being a member!! We are playing for ratings and PDGA points. The club will cover the PDGA’s tournament fees. 100% cash payout to Open division. There will be no prizes for AM1, just FUN, points, and ratings. There will be trophies for 1st place in each division. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.