I'm looking to attend this weekend and to join J-Town DGC for this event and also to begin attending other events during the year. I played with Discontinuum a year or two ago and then a wedding, house and other things got in the way of my schedule.
Can I sign up to play with J-Town and play with the club at the event?
PDGA #36536 Rating: <935 (iirc, I just renewed membership today.)
Sure, we'd be glad to have you. Just show up at the course and see one of the club officers (Ray, Frank, Dean, Dave, Jason) and we'll get you signed up with the club.
J-Town Disc Golf Club is looking for club members to commit to this event. Format will be 1 rounds of singles, 27 holes. Members will be divided into 2 division with a 935 rating break point. Best 5 upper/ 8 lower finishing positions for each division per round will count towards the club total. Lowest club total wins.
Please reply to this post (Name and Rating) if you want to represent the J-Town Disc Golf Club. I will periodically update this post with our roster.
Members in attendance: Ray Hill Frank Grimes Jason Poole Dean Bingham Dave Kociuba Thor Batchelor Gary Lewis
1) Financials (see attached)
2) Club Challenge • J-Town members donated their winnings to the club
3) 2012 Bag Tags • #20 and above were sold previous to playing for the distribution of #1-#19 on a set date. Distribution of 2013 Bag Tags will be the same format.
4) Clothing • J-Town apparel is available for sale. • As a “Thank You” for volunteering their time, J-Town board members will be able to buy apparel/merchandise at cost, for personal use only. • As a gift for producing the J-Town logo, Mike Kursell will receive 1 screen print item and 1 embroidered item.
5) Ice Bowl • J-Town received a box of minis, discs, and stickers for its finish in the 2011 Ice Bowl. As a nice gesture to the 2012 members, they will receive a J-Town mini until supplies are gone (approx. 99). The discs planned to be auctioned at the 2012 J-Town Ice Bowl. • Coffee, hot chocolate, and food provided by the Morning Star Mission. • Registration Day-of Fee $5. • If a player does not bring 2 canned food items/2 non-perishable food items they will be charged a $5 fee. • All extra fees are donated to the Morning Star Mission. • Dean Bingham will contact Herald-News when flyer is complete.
Club members can receive $5 off of PDGA Memberships again in 2012. You can either fill out the attached form (must be logged into the forum), subtract $5 from the total and give the form/cash to a club officer. Or you can register online at http://www.pdgastore.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1228369190 ($3 handling fee applies) and select "J-Town Disc Golf Club" from the Affiliate Club dropdown.
J‐Town Disc Golf Club Meeting #13 09/12/11 5:00 PM Channahon Community Park
Meeting called to order, 5:05 PM.
Members in attendance: * Ray Hill * Frank Grimes * Jason Poole * Dean Bingham * Dave Kociuba
1) Financial Report (see attached)
2) Frank’s and Bean’s Trophy Talk * Dean is contacting Evon’s Trophies and Awards, and Dale Delsasso about the 2011 trophies. * We are going to have an annual plaque with the first place winner of the singles handicap league from each year, aside from the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place plaques that we will award each year. * The annual plaque will be paid for by borrowing from the General Fund and will be paid back by paying a third of the amount for the next three years.
3) Club Logo * The club is deciding on a permanent logo. * Voting on the logo will take place at singles handicap league on 09/27/11 @ 4:30.
4) Club Shirts * Delayed until Club Logo is finalized.
5) Member Course Projects
6) Open Q&A * J‐Town Ice Bowl 02/04/12, Dave Kociuba will be the TD. He will be given $100 from the Club to pay for the sanctioning fees and insurance with the PDGA. * J‐Town Disc Golf Club has recognized the lines of communication have been opened with Mokena Park District, Mary Beth Windberg, for relations in the future.