Announcing the return of J-Town Bag Tag Challenge. We will be back at our original day and time of Saturdays at 10am. Schedule can be found here. Results will be posted here.
This season, we will be doing this as a free handicap singles league. Each week you will receive points based on handicap score. Tags will still be distributed based on scratch score. Trophies will be handed out based on total handicap based points for the season. You can play for FREE each week if you'd like (All-In is $6, which includes 2 CTPs, an Ace Fund, and PDGA Sanctioning). All players are welcome regardless of skill level. You do not need to be a PDGA member to participate.
This season will run from 10/18-12/20 skipping the Club Challenge week of 11/1 (9 weeks).
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 31 9/8/14 Community Park, Channahon, IL Meeting called to order: 5:07 PM
Members Present: Frank Grimes Dave Kociuba Jason Poole
1) Financials (see attached) • 65 Members • $906.34 available for course projects
2) Handicap Singles League • 14/wk Average • $224 added to Club Enhancement Fund so far this year
a. Awards • $251 Available, expect ~$290 by end • 3 spots, 3 trophies • $40 for trophies • $10 to engrave perpetual trophy • $150 for prizes • Remainder to party (~$90) • Vote Passes 3-0
3) J-Town Invitational • Date changed to 10/5 due to course completion date • Jason Poole will be making trophies
4) Saturday Bag Tags • Starting on 10/18/14 at 10am • Skip 11/1 for club challenge • Sanctioned through 12/20 (9 weeks) • May continue after that date depending on attendance • Points based on handicap scoring with trophies awarded (from General Fund) • Free entry (optional $1 Ace, $2 Club Enhancement CTP, $2 Ice Bowl CTP, $1 Sanctioning)
5) Ice Bowl a. Last Year’s Prize • Chose 50 Discraft SuperColor discs. (Ultrastars if available) • Jason will work on artwork for the discs. (Black and Red logo)
b. 2015 • Date: 2/7/14 • TD: ?, Asst TD: Jason Poole
6) 2015 Bag Tags a. Order • Jason will modify existing artwork for 2015 and order tags numbered 1-129 and a replacement number 1.
b. Distribution • Tags 31-129 will be available for purchase 11/1/14. • Tags 1-30 will be played for at Saturday Bag Tags, date TBA.
7) Open Q&A a. Discontinuum Club Challenge (11/1/14) i. Fairfield Park, Round Lake ii. Captain: Dave Kociuba iii. 24 Player Limit 1. 12 upper, 12 lower 2. 10 spots for each division determined by rating 3. 2 spots for each division will be captain’s pick iv. CTP donation (vote passes 3-0) 1. 2014+2015 Membership 2. J-Town Buzzz ($10 from Club Challenge -> Ice Bowl Fund) 3. Ice Bowl Wizzard ($10 from Club Challenge -> Ice Bowl Fund)
b. The Canyons (Dellwood) Grand Opening (9/20/14 11am-2pm) i. Help with contests/giveaways 1. Frank and Jason will volunteer ii. Donation (vote passes 3-0) 1. 2014 Membership 2. J-Town Buzzz ($10 from General -> Ice Bowl Fund) 3. Ice Bowl Wizard ($10 from General -> Ice Bowl Fund) 4. J-Town Long Sleeve Shirt (1 Orange, 1 Navy) 5. Ice Bowl Mini ($3 from General -> Ice Bowl Fund)
Where:Fairfield Park, Round Lake, IL When: 11/1/14 Sign-up will be 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM. Tee-off will be right around 10:00 AM Cost: Free (J-Town Disc Golf Club will cover any fees for J-Town players) Who: Clubs will include DISContinuum, Fox Valley, GRABM, J-Town, and DGU.
J-Town Disc Golf Club is looking for club members to commit to this event. Format will be 1 rounds of singles. Members will be divided into 2 division with a 935 rating break point. Best 5 upper/ 8 lower finishing positions for each division per round will count towards the club total. Lowest club total wins.
Field limited to 26 members from each club. J-Town will decide our roster based on the following: 14 upper/ 13 lower spots, 11 upper/ 11 lower spots in will go to the highest rated sign-ups, the other 2 spots in each division will be Captain's choice. Dave Kociuba will be the Captain for J-Town Disc Golf Club this year.
Please reply to this post (PDGA #, Name, and Rating) if you want to represent the J-Town Disc Golf Club. I will periodically update this post with our roster. You will need to be a club member to play (we will have memberships available at the event).
Ace Fund: $2 (Optional) 50/50 CTP: $3 (Optional) 50% goes to the Club Enhancement Fund
Field limited to 90 players. So preregister by posting below or contact any officer.
This tournament is just a perk of the club, as well as a huge thank you for being a member!! We are playing for ratings and PDGA points. The club will cover the PDGA’s tournament fees. 100% cash payout to Open division. There will be no prizes, just FUN, points, and ratings. There will be trophies for 1st place in each division. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nominee process is now open. Please list nominees below and their achievements.
McCarthy, Shawn - Board member for Basket Cases Disc Golf Club - Active member of J-Town Disc Golf Club - Frank's go to guy for course project help - Active disc golf promoter - Top helper/promoter for World Record attempt.
Callahan, Sean - Huge roll in getting a course in Dellwood Park - Countless hours getting The Canyons ready to play
Post below to be put on the wait list for 32nd Illinois State Disc Golf Championships (PDGA#, Name, Division). Since we won't know if any spots are going to open up until registration closes, you must be present at the close of registration with cash in hand. I will update this post with the current list.
Have you ever wanted to play the USDGC but couldn’t get an invite? Have you ever wanted to play Winthrop Gold or at least a similarly set up course but don’t want to travel all the way to SC? Here’s your chance. We’ve re-designed Mokena’s 27 hole course into 18 holes, added 2 temporary holes and laid out over 6800 feet of rope. The result, a 20 hole, 8792 foot, par 69 challenge. In addition, we are going to determine who will represent IL in this year’s USDGC Performance Flight.
Eagle/Ace Fund: $5 (Optional) *Ace Fund pays out for all aces plus any 2s on 1,3,4,8,12,16,or 18 50/50 CTP: $5 (Optional) * 50% of the CTP fund will go towards the USDGC spot winner’s entry and travel expenses.
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00