Ace Fund: $2 (Optional) 50/50 CTP: $3 (Optional) 50% goes to the Club Enhancement Fund
Field limited to 90 players. So preregister by posting below or contact any officer.
This tournament is just a perk of the club, as well as a huge thank you for being a member!! We are playing for ratings and PDGA points. The club will cover the PDGA’s tournament fees. 100% cash payout to Open division. There will be no prizes, just FUN, points, and ratings. There will be trophies for 1st place in each division. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nominee process is now open. Please list nominees below and their achievements.
McCarthy, Shawn - Board member for Basket Cases Disc Golf Club - Active member of J-Town Disc Golf Club - Frank's go to guy for course project help - Active disc golf promoter - Top helper/promoter for World Record attempt.
Callahan, Sean - Huge roll in getting a course in Dellwood Park - Countless hours getting The Canyons ready to play
Post below to be put on the wait list for 32nd Illinois State Disc Golf Championships (PDGA#, Name, Division). Since we won't know if any spots are going to open up until registration closes, you must be present at the close of registration with cash in hand. I will update this post with the current list.
Have you ever wanted to play the USDGC but couldn’t get an invite? Have you ever wanted to play Winthrop Gold or at least a similarly set up course but don’t want to travel all the way to SC? Here’s your chance. We’ve re-designed Mokena’s 27 hole course into 18 holes, added 2 temporary holes and laid out over 6800 feet of rope. The result, a 20 hole, 8792 foot, par 69 challenge. In addition, we are going to determine who will represent IL in this year’s USDGC Performance Flight.
Eagle/Ace Fund: $5 (Optional) *Ace Fund pays out for all aces plus any 2s on 1,3,4,8,12,16,or 18 50/50 CTP: $5 (Optional) * 50% of the CTP fund will go towards the USDGC spot winner’s entry and travel expenses.
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00
"Ok its been a couple crazy weeks but we are hitting The Canyons at Dellwood Park really hard this week. We will need volunteers this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We are auggering the holes for the sleeves and installing sleeves on Friday. Steve Matul (008) will be out there leading the whole thing and needs as many hands on deck as possible. We will need people to haul away the spoil from the augger on Thursday and help with moving concrete where ever necessary on Friday. I would like to get as many volunteers on Saturday as well, we have many other things to do. I will be out there as soon as Im done with work both days as well. Let me know if you can help out. Thanks!"
"7:30am through the afternoon. Til we're through."
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 29 5/12/14 Community Park, Channahon, IL Meeting called to order: 5:00 PM
Members Present: Frank Grimes Jason Poole Kristi McCarthy Shawn McCarthy
1) Financials (see attached) • $743.34 Available for course projects.
2) Handicap Singles League • Average of 15 players per week. • Second session has been sanctioned to run from 6/3-7/29 (9 weeks).
3) Bag Tags • J-Town is looking for a member/members to assist with running the Bag Tags.
a) Ace Fund o 3 options put up for consideration Roll ace pot over to handicap leagues Donate the money to Morning Star Mission as part of our Ice Bowl Leave the money as a bag tags ace pot. o Vote pending.
4) J-Town Invitational • 9/6/14, Jason Poole-TD, Frank Grimes-Assistant TD, Dellwood park if available • We are currently looking into having trophies (1 pro, 1 am) made. Frank will ask Kelly Murray if she is willing to do paintings for us again this year.
5) 2014 Elections • Running un-opposed: o Frank Grimes- Vice President o Dean Bingham- Secretary o Jason Poole- Treasurer o Jeremiah Bly- Member Advocate • Voting for President o Thor Batchelor, 6 votes o Dave Kociuba, 8 votes • New officers will take over positions on 6/1/14.
6) Club Baskets • Vote to purchase 4 Discraft Chainstar baskets passed 3-2. • Thanks to Thor Batchelor for picking up the baskets for us and saving us shipping costs. • Basket borrowing rules: o Members may borrow baskets free of charge provided they are returned in the same condition they are received. o Member must have a signed contract on file before being allowed to borrow a basket. o Borrower is responsible for the pick-up and return. o Event requests take priority over personal use. o Borrower will be allowed a 2 week minimum before the next personal request is fulfilled. • Borrowing rules approval vote pending.
The creek is almost full but there is minimal ponding in the fairways. The fairways next to the creek have not been mowed, however, so its a bit like a jungle out there. The tee pads are pretty sloppy.
We skipped holes 2-5, 11, and 16 at handicaps last night.
Voting is now open for J-Town Disc Golf Club officers. All positions with the exception of president are unopposed, so voting will only be for president.
The candidates are Thor Batchelor Dave Kociuba
You may vote by contacting any officer (Ray Hill, Frank Grimes, Jason Poole, Dean Bingham, or Aaron Studer). Ballots will also be available at handicap leagues on 5/6 and at the club meeting on 5/12. Voting will be finalized at the meeting on 5/12 with the new officers taking over the positions on 6/1.