J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting #10 3/14/11 5:00 PM McDonalds- 4280 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60431
Motion to bring meeting to order 5:03 PM.
Members in attendance: * Ray Hill * Frank Grimes * Jason Poole * Dean Bingham * Dave Kociuba * Tom Matesevac
1) Financial Report (see attached)
2) J-Town Club Invitational * 5/30/11 * Two rounds at Highland * Tournament Director: Jason Poole * $10 for Pro division, 100% payout. * Free for Amateur division * Trophy for 1st in each division. * $10 for non-PDGA fee applies. * PDGA sanctioned event for 2011 J-Town members only.
3) Discontinuum Club Challenge * Held in Rockford, 3/27/11 * Captain(s): Dean Bingham, Dave Kociuba * Donations: J-Town membership
4) Handicap Singles League (Frankís & Beanís) * Singles will follow the Doubles Best Shot schedule, except that we will start on 4/19/11. * We are adding a third CTP that will be free, and for members only. * Cory Clements will be contacted to see if he will be interested in doing Saturday Bag Tag Challenges.
5) Board Member Nominations * Nomination Period: 3/14/11-4/24/11 * Voting: 4/25/11-5/9/11 * Election Day: 5/9/11 * Elected Board Members take office on 6/1/11 * Nominated and accepted at the meeting: Dean Bingham- Secretary, Jason Poole- Treasurer, Dave Kociuba- Member Advocate
6) Team Challenge Review * Challenge went well and was well attended. The organization of the team and the advertising to club members needs to be worked on. * With the plan of having more organized club challenges, the board is putting forth the following rules for all future club challenges: a) Club officers are the only members authorized to issue/accept club challenges; no matter how big/small. b) Board members shall nominate and vote on captain(s) c) Failure to follow these rules will result in the J-Town Disc Golf Club not recognizing the event and will provide no assistance. d) Anything that is associated with J-Town Disc Golf Club needs to be approved by the board.
7) Social Media * J-Town has a Facebook page and a Twitter account. * We are trying to broaden our horizons.
8 ) Open Q&A * We are looking to add more incentives to the J-Town membership, for example, merchandise.
i like the ida ..... so how dose the handicap play in to the scoring?....
What we do is use past data to determine what a 1000 rated player would shoot at a given course (SSA). Then we would use your player rating to determine what you should be shooting on this course. Your handicap is 80% of the difference.
Ex: Channahon Short Tees- SSA=45.95 Player Rating: 855 means on average you should shoot 57.81 57.81-45.95=11.86 80% of 11.86=9.49 which would be rounded to 9. This would be your handicap.
Your final score would be what you shot minus your handicap. We use this adjusted score to figure payouts and points.
Frank's & Bean's Tuesday Nights (Handicap-Singles League) Start date: April 19, 2011, Follow the same schedule as the doubles league. Same time and same place as the Wednesday Nights, but on Tuesday. $5 entry fee, optional Ace ($1) & CTPs (2-$2/CTP) = $5, CTPs will be designated as Prize Fund & Club Enhancements. The payout will be the top 30% with a minimum of $5 for last cash. $0.50 from each entry fee will pay the hot round of the day. This year, the club will be matching the Club Enhancement CTPs money for a 3rd CTP which will be free to all current J-Town Disc Golf Club members. Handling of non-rated players: If you do not have a PDGA rating, your first 3 rounds at the handicap leagues will be free to establish your handicap. You will only be allowed to participate in the Ace Fund, CTPs, and Bag Tags (Bag Tags will be determined on the scratch score). Another option to acquire your handicap; if a club officer is willing to play those three rounds outside of league night. After you accumulate more rounds your rating will be taken from your best 3 of your last 5 rounds. Frank Grimes, Dean Bingham, and Dave Kociuba will be running it.
Im new to the club but i would love to partisipate... i love the rockferd corse it is beutiful but... im not sure that im fully sighned up ... dont i have to pay some dews or something if you or any one knows what i should do would you please let me know thank you
To sign up for the J-Town Disc Golf Club, you just need to bring your donation of $15 to any club officer (Ray Hill, Frank Grimes, Dean Bingham, Jason Poole, Dave Kociuba). Generally at least one of us will be around at most Joliet leagues and events, just ask around. We can also sign you up the day of the challenge in Rockford. So if you want to play, just post your Name, PDGA# and Rating (if you are a PDGA member).
J-Town Disc Golf Club is looking for club members to commit to this event. Format will be 2 rounds of singles. Members will be divided into 2 division with a 935 rating break point. Best 5 finishing positions for each division per round will count towards the club total. Lowest club total wins.
Please reply to this post (Name and Rating) if you want to represent the J-Town Disc Golf Club. I will periodically update this post with our roster.
here is the roster so far... if you want to play and your name isn't on the roster yet let me know.
1) Jason Riley 2) Eric Fite 3) Matt Preston 4) Randy Moore Sr. 5) Jason Poole 6) Thor Batchelor 7) Ben Carrescia 8 ) 9) 10) 11) 12)
These spots are still open.. I have had several people say that they want to play but with out a current membership I can't let you play. So if you want to play make sure you sign up for J Town Disc Golf Club and then let me know you are a current member. If you are current and you want to play let me know. Thanks Thor
Any update on the roster? Do we have a complete team yet? Is Sr really going to play for both clubs? Why aren't there any J-Town pros on this list? We really are going to need a strong team if we think we are going to to have any chance of J-Town victory on Fox Valley's home course.
Contact Thor to sign up for this and represent the club. Anyone who is not current yet, can sign up as late as the day of the event.