Have you ever wanted to play the USDGC but couldn’t get an invite? Have you ever wanted to play Winthrop Gold or at least a similarly set up course but don’t want to travel all the way to SC? Here’s your chance. We’ve re-designed Mokena’s 27 hole course into 18 holes, added 2 temporary holes and laid out over 6800 feet of rope. The result, a 20 hole, 8792 foot, par 69 challenge. In addition, we are going to determine who will represent IL in this year’s USDGC Performance Flight.
Eagle/Ace Fund: $5 (Optional) *Ace Fund pays out for all aces plus any 2s on 1,3,4,8,12,16,or 18 50/50 CTP: $5 (Optional) * 50% of the CTP fund will go towards the USDGC spot winner’s entry and travel expenses.
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00
"Ok its been a couple crazy weeks but we are hitting The Canyons at Dellwood Park really hard this week. We will need volunteers this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We are auggering the holes for the sleeves and installing sleeves on Friday. Steve Matul (008) will be out there leading the whole thing and needs as many hands on deck as possible. We will need people to haul away the spoil from the augger on Thursday and help with moving concrete where ever necessary on Friday. I would like to get as many volunteers on Saturday as well, we have many other things to do. I will be out there as soon as Im done with work both days as well. Let me know if you can help out. Thanks!"
"7:30am through the afternoon. Til we're through."
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 29 5/12/14 Community Park, Channahon, IL Meeting called to order: 5:00 PM
Members Present: Frank Grimes Jason Poole Kristi McCarthy Shawn McCarthy
1) Financials (see attached) • $743.34 Available for course projects.
2) Handicap Singles League • Average of 15 players per week. • Second session has been sanctioned to run from 6/3-7/29 (9 weeks).
3) Bag Tags • J-Town is looking for a member/members to assist with running the Bag Tags.
a) Ace Fund o 3 options put up for consideration Roll ace pot over to handicap leagues Donate the money to Morning Star Mission as part of our Ice Bowl Leave the money as a bag tags ace pot. o Vote pending.
4) J-Town Invitational • 9/6/14, Jason Poole-TD, Frank Grimes-Assistant TD, Dellwood park if available • We are currently looking into having trophies (1 pro, 1 am) made. Frank will ask Kelly Murray if she is willing to do paintings for us again this year.
5) 2014 Elections • Running un-opposed: o Frank Grimes- Vice President o Dean Bingham- Secretary o Jason Poole- Treasurer o Jeremiah Bly- Member Advocate • Voting for President o Thor Batchelor, 6 votes o Dave Kociuba, 8 votes • New officers will take over positions on 6/1/14.
6) Club Baskets • Vote to purchase 4 Discraft Chainstar baskets passed 3-2. • Thanks to Thor Batchelor for picking up the baskets for us and saving us shipping costs. • Basket borrowing rules: o Members may borrow baskets free of charge provided they are returned in the same condition they are received. o Member must have a signed contract on file before being allowed to borrow a basket. o Borrower is responsible for the pick-up and return. o Event requests take priority over personal use. o Borrower will be allowed a 2 week minimum before the next personal request is fulfilled. • Borrowing rules approval vote pending.
The creek is almost full but there is minimal ponding in the fairways. The fairways next to the creek have not been mowed, however, so its a bit like a jungle out there. The tee pads are pretty sloppy.
We skipped holes 2-5, 11, and 16 at handicaps last night.
Voting is now open for J-Town Disc Golf Club officers. All positions with the exception of president are unopposed, so voting will only be for president.
The candidates are Thor Batchelor Dave Kociuba
You may vote by contacting any officer (Ray Hill, Frank Grimes, Jason Poole, Dean Bingham, or Aaron Studer). Ballots will also be available at handicap leagues on 5/6 and at the club meeting on 5/12. Voting will be finalized at the meeting on 5/12 with the new officers taking over the positions on 6/1.
For all the J-Town Disc Golf Club Members hard at work getting Dellwood Park ready, I'd like to make sure everyone gets the credit they deserve. Any time you go out there, just post here with the date and the number of hours. I'll monitor this thread and add your points to the Member Reward page. This includes any work done since 1/1/14.
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 28 3/10/14 McDonalds – 4280 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60431
Meeting called to order: 5:00 PM
Members Present: Frank Grimes Jason Poole
1) Financials (see attached) * $682.34 Available for course projects.
2) Ice Bowl (recap) * 66 Players in snowy conditions. * Total amount raised has not been finalized.
3) Handicap Singles League * Season begins 4/8/14 * Broken up into 3 seasons for PDGA reporting purposes with Months as a designators o April/May (8 weeks) o June/July (9 weeks) o August/September (8-9 weeks) * Same entry fees and optional fees as previous season * Going back to a single ace fund
4) Club Invitational * 9/6/14 date approved by State Coordinator
5) Saturday Bag Tags * Average 12 players/week in 2014. * Raised $690 for the 2014 Ice Bowl * J-Town is looking for a member/members to assist with running the Saturday Bag Tags. If the spot is not filled, it will be cancelled. * $205 remains in the Ace fund.
6) 2014 Elections a) Deadlines * 3/10/14- 4/10/14 Nomination Period * 4/11/14-5/12/14 Voting Period * Ballets to be counted and made official at the 5/12/14 board meeting b) Nominations * Jason Poole nominates Frank Grimes for Vice President. Frank accepts. * Jason Poole nominates Jesse Saenz for President * Jason Poole nominates Dean Bingham for Secretary * Jason Poole nominates Aaron Studer for Member Advocate * Jason Poole nominates Anthony Rodriguez for Member Advocate * Frank Grimes nominates Shawn McCarthy for Member Advocate * Frank Grimes nominates Jason Poole for Treasurer. Jason accepts. * Frank Grimes nominates Thor Batchelor for President.
7) Open Q&A * Proposal to use $1628 from the general fund to purchase baskets. Vote pending. o Basket borrowing rules. * Members may borrow baskets free of charge provided they are returned in the same condition they are received. * Member is responsible for the pick-up and return. * Event requests take priority over personal use. * Members will be allowed a 1 week minimum before the next personal request is fulfilled. * Jason Poole presented some J-Town Disc Golf Club historical data. (attached) * Jason Poole presented a summary of the J-Town Member Reward Program points for 2013. (attached)