Please take this time to nominate a J-Town Disc Golf club member for the following positions.
President Vice-President Secretary Treasurer Member Advocate
Individual Board position descriptions are listed below:
1. President a. The President shall chair meetings and special sessions of the Board of Directors. The Secretary and Treasurer shall report to the President. The President participates in the nominating of, and approves, all Staff nominations. b. The President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. President checks and confirms all public communications (monthly newsletters, club flyers, press releases, etc.) before release. c. The President shall have access to the Club’s bank account(s) and other investments, if any, with the expressed approval of the Treasurer.
2. Vice-President a. The Vice President shall chair the Staff-based Operations Team, acting as team leader. b. The Vice President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. The Vice President shall assist the President as needed. c. Any teams or committees created by the Board of Directors shall be managed by the Vice President (or by a delegate appointed by the Vice President if approved by the rest of the Board). d. In the event of the President’s absence, the Vice President shall chair Club meetings.
3. Secretary a. The Secretary shall be responsible for much of the communication of information within the structure of the Club. b. The Secretary shall record and disseminate the agenda, minutes, and notes from monthly and other Club meetings. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to respond to public inquiries, answer appropriate Club email, or forward such communication to the President. c. By nature of the position, the Secretary will need to work closely with the Webmaster or Assistant Webmaster in the combined goal of maintaining clear and consistent communication within the Club and in the eyes of the public. d. The Secretary shall chair Club meetings in the President and Vice President’s absence.
4. Treasurer a. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the financial integrity of the Club. The Treasurer maintains all accounts payable, accounts receivable, sponsorship donations, and other Club investments. b. The Treasurer shall give a comprehensive financial status report at the Club meetings. c. The Treasurer is responsible for filing all appropriate State of Illinois and Federal taxes and fees.
5. Member Advocate a. The Member Advocate is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship between the Board of Directors and the general membership. b. The Member Advocate shall talk with members to come up with member concerns and desired changes in a more informal setting than the general membership meetings. These topics will then be presented at meetings on the member’s behalf, anonymously if desired.
Have you ever wanted to play the USDGC but couldn’t get an invite? Have you ever wanted to play Winthrop Gold or at least a similarly set up course but don’t want to travel all the way to SC? Here’s your chance. We’ve re-designed Mokena’s 27 hole course into 18 holes, added 2 temporary holes and laid out over 6800 feet of rope. The result, a 20 hole, 8792 foot, par 69 challenge. In addition, we are going to determine who will represent IL in this year’s USDGC Performance Flight.
Eagle/Ace Fund: $5 (Optional) *Ace Fund pays out for all aces plus any 2s on 1,3,4,8,12,16,or 18 50/50 CTP: $5 (Optional) * 50% of the CTP fund will go towards the USDGC spot winner’s entry and travel expenses.
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00
Where:Lemon Lake County Park, Crown Point, IN When: 4/4/15 Check-in will be 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM. Tee-off will be right around 9:45 AM (Subject to change) Cost: Free (J-Town Disc Golf Club will cover any fees for J-Town players) Who: Clubs will include DISContinuum, Fox Valley, J-Town, and DGU. (Subject to additions)
J-Town Disc Golf Club is looking for club members to commit to this event. Format will be 2 rounds of singles. Members will be divided into 2 division with a 935 rating break point. Best 5 upper/ 8 lower finishing positions for each division per round will count towards the club total. Lowest club total wins.
Field limited to 13 members for each division from each club. J-Town will decide our roster based on the following: 13 upper/ 13 lower spots, 10 upper/ 10 lower spots in will go to the highest rated sign-ups, the other 3 spots in each division will be Captain's choice. Dave Kociuba will be the Captain for J-Town Disc Golf Club this year.
Please reply to this post (PDGA #, Name, and Rating) if you want to represent the J-Town Disc Golf Club. I will periodically update this post with our roster. You will need to be a club member to play (we will have memberships available at the event).
Ace Fund: $5 (Optional) 50/50 CTP: $5 (Optional) * In the event that no eligible players hit an ace, the ace fund will be donated to the Morning Star Mission. * 50% of the CTP fund will be donated to the Morning Star Mission.
All Players must bring 2 non-perishable food items or $5 donation.
All Players who sign up the day of the tournament will be subject to a $5 fee.
Approx 25% of entry fees will be donated to the Morning Star Mission.
First Place winners will receive trophies.
Raffle tickets for sale for prizes.
Free chili, chicken noodle soup, coffee, and hot chocolate.
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00
2 Rounds, 18 Holes Short Tees
Free CTPs for J-Town Disc Golf Club members: • J-Town Screen Print Dri-Fit Tee • J-Town Screen Print Long Sleeve Tee • J-Town Embroidered Nike Dri-Fit Polo • J-Town Embroidered Hoody • J-Town Buzzz
Field limited to 90 players. Pre-registration options include online registration through the jtowndiscgolf.com or in person at J-Town Bag Tags.
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 33 1/12/15 5:00 PM McDonalds – 4280 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60431
1) Financials 2) PDGA Affiliate Club 3) Tournament J-Town Logo Use a) Ropes b) IL State Championships c) Channahon Classic 4) Club Invitational 5) Member Rewards 6) Saturday Bag Tags 7) 2015 Ice Bowl 8 ) Open Q&A
4) Discontinuum Club Challenge Recap • J-Town was represented by 27 players (15 Upper, 12 Lower) • 3rd Overall (Upper finished 2nd, Lower finished 5th) • Sold 8 memberships
5) 2015 Ice Bowl • Vote to move date to 2/14 fails 0-4, date will remain 2/7 • Location will be Trinity Links if we are able to secure additional parking. • Frank to contact Morning Star and Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church about additional parking.
6) 2015 Club Invitational • Jason to contact the IL State Coordinator to secure a date. Shooting for a Saturday in August. • Jason to contact Lockport Park District to have the Tournament at Dellwood
7) Open Q&A • We are delaying the vote on the handling of the 2013-14 Bag Tags Ace Pot until the January meeting.
Announcing the return of J-Town Bag Tag Challenge. We will be back at our original day and time of Saturdays at 10am. Schedule can be found here. Results will be posted here.
This season, we will be doing this as a free handicap singles league. Each week you will receive points based on handicap score. Tags will still be distributed based on scratch score. Trophies will be handed out based on total handicap based points for the season. You can play for FREE each week if you'd like (All-In is $6, which includes 2 CTPs, an Ace Fund, and PDGA Sanctioning). All players are welcome regardless of skill level. You do not need to be a PDGA member to participate.
This season will run from 10/18-12/20 skipping the Club Challenge week of 11/1 (9 weeks).
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 31 9/8/14 Community Park, Channahon, IL Meeting called to order: 5:07 PM
Members Present: Frank Grimes Dave Kociuba Jason Poole
1) Financials (see attached) • 65 Members • $906.34 available for course projects
2) Handicap Singles League • 14/wk Average • $224 added to Club Enhancement Fund so far this year
a. Awards • $251 Available, expect ~$290 by end • 3 spots, 3 trophies • $40 for trophies • $10 to engrave perpetual trophy • $150 for prizes • Remainder to party (~$90) • Vote Passes 3-0
3) J-Town Invitational • Date changed to 10/5 due to course completion date • Jason Poole will be making trophies
4) Saturday Bag Tags • Starting on 10/18/14 at 10am • Skip 11/1 for club challenge • Sanctioned through 12/20 (9 weeks) • May continue after that date depending on attendance • Points based on handicap scoring with trophies awarded (from General Fund) • Free entry (optional $1 Ace, $2 Club Enhancement CTP, $2 Ice Bowl CTP, $1 Sanctioning)
5) Ice Bowl a. Last Year’s Prize • Chose 50 Discraft SuperColor discs. (Ultrastars if available) • Jason will work on artwork for the discs. (Black and Red logo)
b. 2015 • Date: 2/7/14 • TD: ?, Asst TD: Jason Poole
6) 2015 Bag Tags a. Order • Jason will modify existing artwork for 2015 and order tags numbered 1-129 and a replacement number 1.
b. Distribution • Tags 31-129 will be available for purchase 11/1/14. • Tags 1-30 will be played for at Saturday Bag Tags, date TBA.
7) Open Q&A a. Discontinuum Club Challenge (11/1/14) i. Fairfield Park, Round Lake ii. Captain: Dave Kociuba iii. 24 Player Limit 1. 12 upper, 12 lower 2. 10 spots for each division determined by rating 3. 2 spots for each division will be captain’s pick iv. CTP donation (vote passes 3-0) 1. 2014+2015 Membership 2. J-Town Buzzz ($10 from Club Challenge -> Ice Bowl Fund) 3. Ice Bowl Wizzard ($10 from Club Challenge -> Ice Bowl Fund)
b. The Canyons (Dellwood) Grand Opening (9/20/14 11am-2pm) i. Help with contests/giveaways 1. Frank and Jason will volunteer ii. Donation (vote passes 3-0) 1. 2014 Membership 2. J-Town Buzzz ($10 from General -> Ice Bowl Fund) 3. Ice Bowl Wizard ($10 from General -> Ice Bowl Fund) 4. J-Town Long Sleeve Shirt (1 Orange, 1 Navy) 5. Ice Bowl Mini ($3 from General -> Ice Bowl Fund)