Have you ever wanted to play the USDGC but couldn’t get an invite? Have you ever wanted to play Winthrop Gold or at least a similarly set up course but don’t want to travel all the way to SC? Here’s your chance. We’ve re-designed Mokena’s 27 hole course into 18 holes, added 2 temporary holes and laid out over 6800 feet of rope. The result, a 20 hole, 8792 foot, par 69 challenge. In addition, we are going to determine who will represent IL in this year’s USDGC Performance Flight.
Eagle/Ace Fund: $5 (Optional) *Ace Fund pays out for all aces plus any 2s on 1,3,4,8,12,16,or 18 50/50 CTP: $5 (Optional) * 50% of the CTP fund will go towards the USDGC spot winner’s entry and travel expenses.
All AM players will receive an Innova disc as a players pack.
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00
2nd rounds white tees
Open Divisions: $10 Advanced Divisions: FREE *$10 PDGA Non-Member Fee
Ace Fund: $2 (Optional) 50/50 CTP: $3 (Optional) 50% goes to the Club Enhancement Fund
Field limited to 90 players. So preregister by posting below or contact any officer.
This tournament is just a perk of the club, as well as a huge thank you for being a member!! We are playing for ratings and PDGA points. The club will cover the PDGAs tournament fees. 100% cash payout to Open division. There will be no prizes, just FUN, points, and ratings. There will be trophies for 1st place in each division. For more information e-mail email@example.com.
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 22 03/11/13 5:00 PM McDonalds- 4280 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60431
Meeting called to order at 5:00
Members in attendance: Ryan Fancher Rob Gibson Mason Gibson (Bday boy!) Aaron Studer Jason Poole Frank Grimes Ray Hill
1) Financials (see attached)
2) IL Hall of Fame No reply to emails from Ray Hill inquiring about requirements and information to move forward. Ray will report back when more information is made available. We will revisit this item at the May meeting.
3) Ice Bowl (recap) Frank Grimes is reporting $9332 in cash and 225 pounds of food donated to the Morning Star Mission. Once again outdoing the previous year. We couldnt be more proud of all his efforts. Things to improve on: setting out the tee signs, possibly the night before may help with logistics of a long walk in the AM. Things to improve on: Registration. The idea to make more of an assembly line registration may improve the flow, wait times, and over all organization of the whole process. (Stations for food collection, PDGA verification, entry fee, ace/ctp fund)
4) Discontinuum Club Challenge Saturday the 16th at Mokena Blue Tees Sell J-Town merchandise and memberships Jobs were assigned for Club Challenge o Merchandise: Aaron o Tag sorting and registration: Frank and Jason o New Membership signups: Rob and Ray Club will meet by the baseball fields for a mock Tourney Central
5) Handicap Singles League Season begins 4/2/13 Broken up into 3 seasons for PDGA reporting purposes with Months as a designators (April/May, June/July, August/September) Same entry fees and optional fees as previous season Fliers will be made and displayed around local courses as well as neighboring out of town courses and disc golf related shops.
6) Bag Tags Aaron Studer continues to see improvement in participation Overall consensus from the players was to not Sanction Saturday Tags Aaron will maintain Saturday tags throughout the near future. No end date was decided but overall feedback was positive to offer this service. Thanks Aaron for stepping up to run this.
7) Course Projects Frank Grimes would like to build a retaining wall to help with the erosion behind hole 15s short tee at Highland. The runoff from rain is causing the tee to be covered in mud and Frank would like to stop it before it gets too bad. Franks will have a bid put together and approved by the board before moving forward.
8.) Election a) Deadlines 3/1/13- 4/11/13 Nomination Period 4/12/13-5/13/13 Voting Period Ballets to be counted and made official at the 5/13/13 board meeting b) Nominations Jason Poole Nominates Frank Grimes for Vice President Ryan Fancher Nominates Dean Bingham for Secretary Aaron Studer Nominates Ray Hill for President Jason Poole Nominates Jesse Saenz for Vice President Rob Gibson Nominates Aaron Studer for Member Advocate, he accepts Ray Hill Nominates Jason Poole for Treasurer, he accepts
9) Open Q&A Rob Gibson is appointed a staff position in Public Relations and will take over the social networking on behalf of the club. He will administer the Facebook page and use that platform to write up J-Town Disc Golf Club Member related stories and events. Jason Poole will get the appropriate rights set up. Jason Poole with set up an events page on jtowndiscgolf.com for J-Town Bag Tags to post schedules and results. He will also modify the reporting spreadsheet to work with the new events page and give Aaron Studer the appropriate rights to manage the page.
Please take this time to nominate a J-Town Disc Golf club member for the following positions.
President Vice-President Secretary Treasurer Member Advocate
Individual Board position descriptions are listed below:
1. President a. The President shall chair meetings and special sessions of the Board of Directors. The Secretary and Treasurer shall report to the President. The President participates in the nominating of, and approves, all Staff nominations. b. The President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. President checks and confirms all public communications (monthly newsletters, club flyers, press releases, etc.) before release. c. The President shall have access to the Clubs bank account(s) and other investments, if any, with the expressed approval of the Treasurer.
2. Vice-President a. The Vice President shall chair the Staff-based Operations Team, acting as team leader. b. The Vice President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. The Vice President shall assist the President as needed. c. Any teams or committees created by the Board of Directors shall be managed by the Vice President (or by a delegate appointed by the Vice President if approved by the rest of the Board). d. In the event of the Presidents absence, the Vice President shall chair Club meetings.
3. Secretary a. The Secretary shall be responsible for much of the communication of information within the structure of the Club. b. The Secretary shall record and disseminate the agenda, minutes, and notes from monthly and other Club meetings. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to respond to public inquiries, answer appropriate Club email, or forward such communication to the President. c. By nature of the position, the Secretary will need to work closely with the Webmaster or Assistant Webmaster in the combined goal of maintaining clear and consistent communication within the Club and in the eyes of the public. d. The Secretary shall chair Club meetings in the President and Vice Presidents absence.
4. Treasurer a. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the financial integrity of the Club. The Treasurer maintains all accounts payable, accounts receivable, sponsorship donations, and other Club investments. b. The Treasurer shall give a comprehensive financial status report at the Club meetings. c. The Treasurer is responsible for filing all appropriate State of Illinois and Federal taxes and fees.
5. Member Advocate a. The Member Advocate is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship between the Board of Directors and the general membership. b. The Member Advocate shall talk with members to come up with member concerns and desired changes in a more informal setting than the general membership meetings. These topics will then be presented at meetings on the members behalf, anonymously if desired.
My PDGA membership hasn't been current since 2011, I'm going to renew it this year, also I would need to join the club the day of. Would really like to play in this. My last rating was 878. Please let me know if I can get in on the fun. Email if needed is firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Serafiniak #47085
Just show up and we'll get you signed up for the club. Your PDGA membership does not need to be current to compete in this event.
Online registration closes Friday 2/8. Day of registration will cost $5 extra and will open at 7:30. For those already signed up, don't forget to bring your food donations and proof of PDGA membership (if you signed up recently).
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting #21 01/14/13 McDonalds (Jefferson & 55) Meeting called to order 5:00 PM
Members in attendance: Ryan Fancher Rob Gibson Frank Grimes Ray Hill Dave Kociuba Gary Lewis Jason Poole Kevin Schramm Aaron Studer
1) Financials (See Attached)
2) Patches 500 ordered 2 ½ Retail for $2
3) IL Disc Golf Hall of Fame Ray asked for a club project to open a IL HOF in the area Ray will report back with more details.
4) Tournament J-Town Logo use a. Ropes at the Oaks Approved b. Il State Championships Approved c. Channahon Classic Approved d. Birdie Bash Approved
5) Sanctioned Leagues a. Bag Tag Saturdays Aaron/ Kevin stated that they are not interested in having bag tags sanctioned at this time. We will revisit this topic at the March meeting. b. Handicap Tuesdays Will be sanctioned. Jason will do website and PDGA reporting. Rob Gibson will run the league with the assistance of Frank Grimes.
6) Club Invitational Memorial Day 5/27/13 Jason Poole will TD with Aaron Studer as Assistant TD Trinity Links in Lockport Will be discussing the date of future invitationals at an upcoming meeting to try and avoid a conflict with the team tournament at Sandy Point.
7) Member Rewards System Add requirement that points are only to be awarded for work in the J-Town Disc Golf Club area. Point system approved as listed in the program documentation (available on jtowndiscgolf.com under the Member Reward System heading). Jason will be tracking the points.
8 ) 2013 Ice Bowl Community Park in Channahon 2/9/13 PDGA Sanctioning/Insurance forms filed. PDGA Endowment Program paperwork completed. Online Pre-Registration has been set up. Gary Lewis will be providing merchandise. Ryan Fancher will be doing sponsor signs. Ryan will be creating player pack stickers (funding provided by Frank and Ray) Frank is actively seeking fund raiser helpers, donations, and general volunteers for day of help. Morning Star Mission will be the charitable beneficiary.
9) Open Q&A Kevin presented the board with a great opportunity to attend a Chamber of Minooka event and do a disc golf demo/ booth help. o Ray and Frank offered to assist o 2/16/13 Kevin also presented the board with another event taking place sometime in June that would involve Ball Golf and Disc Golf. More details coming as the event takes shape. Community Park in Channahon