Jesse is disc71 on the message board.
Follow this link to send him a PM.
Follow this link to send him a PM.
6/3 5:30pm Highland Park
6/10 5:30pm West Park
6/17 5:30pm The Oaks
6/2 5:30pm Highland Park
6/9 5:30pm West Park
6/16 5:30pm The Oaks
Winter League PRO Stats
7th J-Town One Disc Challenge
J-Town DGDL-Pro/Adv Points 1st Half
J-Town DGDL-Am/Nov Points 1st Half
Handicap Singles 1st
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - pooleje
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting
11/12/12 – Meeting #20
McDonald’s on Jefferson and 55
Members in Attendance:
Meeting called to order, 5:05 PM
1) Financials (see attached)
2) Ice Bowl
a) Award from 2012
• 50 CFR discs
• Motion to sell at $20 each. Vote 4-0, Motion Passes.
• Motion to allocate 80% of the proceeds to the Ice Bowl Charity (currently The Morning Star Mission) and 20% to the J-Town Disc Golf Club Charity Fund. Vote 4-0, Motion Passes.
• 2/9/13 @ Community Park, Channahon, IL.
• Jason Poole will be TD with Ray Hill as Assistant TD.
3) 2013 Bag Tag Distribution
• The first attempt yielded only a few players. It could have been publicized a little more, so we will make another attempt after leagues on 11/18/12 to distribute numbers 4-20.
4) Club Tournament Supply Rental
• Motion to remove fee. Vote 1-2, 1 Abstain. Motion Fails.
5) Handicap League Awards
• Awarded Top 5, Trophies for Top 4, Perpetual was engraved.
• Remaining $5 from Prize/Party Fund will carry-over to next year.
• $99 was donated to the J-Town Fest
• Ordering 300.
• Retail price for the J-Town Disc Golf Club Patches will be set at $2
7) Member Reward System
• Motion to setup and use a J-Town Member Reward Program. Vote 4-0 for Reward Program, Motion Passes
• 12/1/12 rough draft to be submitted.
• Finalize Points/Rewards Program and begin using it on 1/1/13.
8 ) Open Q & A
• Saturday Bag Tag Challenge, CTP 50/50: Motion to donate funds risen up until the 2/9/13 Ice Bowl to the 2013 J-Town Disc Golf Club Ice Bowl Charity (Morning Star Mission). Vote 3-1, Motion Passes.
Meeting adjourned, 8:06 PM
« on: November 05, 2012, 10:02:03 AM »
Where can I register for this?? I would love to come play
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting
09/10/12 5:00 PM-- Meeting #19
Members in attendance: Frank Grimes, Jason Poole, Dean Bingham, and Ray Hill
1) Financials (Please see attached)
• About halfway back to paying off the original investment in clothing
• Sanctioning Singles been a successful financial decision
• Dean Bingham will do an inventory of the clothing to update sales sheets
2) Ice Bowl
a) Last year’s results, prize
• We came in 3rd for money raised and won 50 Supercolor Discraft Discs.
• Jason will work the logo for full color discs and place the order
• Tentative date of 2/9/13
• Frank Grimes actively seeks individuals to help with this upcoming Ice Bowl Donations
3) 2013 Bag Tags
• Same logo as last season.
• Jason Poole will place the order for 150 tags including a duplicate #1 tag.
• We will start selling 2013 tags at the J-Town Fest on 10/20.
• Tags 1-20 will be reserved for a playoff after Sunday doubles on 11/4 at Channahon.
4) Handicap League Awards
• Dean Bingham and Jason Poole will look into Trophy/Plaque options.
• The perpetual plaque is complete just need to add this years winner.
• 4 trophies/plaques were voted upon for the top 4 finishers
5) Course Projects
a) Highland 13 recap
• Looks great!!
b) New projects
• Hole 15 at Highland Park needs erosion control for the tee pad. Frank Grimes wants to look into possible ways to slow this down and fix the problem.
6) Saturday Tags
• Aaron Studer has expressed interest in running tags on Saturday’s. He will be set up with league supplies.
• Huge Thank you from the board for taking on this task and keeping the Tags going into the winter.
• After talking this out we are going to look into patches.
• They can hopefully be used for Hats and members to display on their golf bags
8 ) Rental Fees Club Supplies
• In an effort to maintain the current club owned tournament supplies the board has voted to have certain rental fees for items.
• The J-Town board does not have the intention of making a profit from this, just being mindful of the future of the club items and the fact that they will need replacing and updating as time goes on. The intention of these rental fees is just that.
• By setting the rental fee of a per person standard we hope to keep it as fair as possible for TDs. This way the fee will reflect the number of players that benefited and not penalize TDs who do not get a good turnout.
• This program will be watched and monitored to deem successful or not.
• Must be a current club member to rent supplies.
• A rental contract will be signed by the TD before taking any supplies. The signing party will be responsible for returning the supplies borrowed in a similar fashion to what they are received or will be responsible for the replacement fee.
• All supplies must be returned within a week of the event with the fee due upon return. A shorter time frame may be necessary if supplies will be needed at another event and will be disclosed prior to borrowing.
• See attached pricing.
« on: September 06, 2012, 03:26:18 PM »
Can someone explain why a pre-reg list doesn't show up on the pdga site when I look to see if I'm in...I preregistered for Channy at the same time and I'm on that list.
It's up to the TD to upload the pre-registered players. Get a hold of Thor to confirm that he has your registration.
« on: August 13, 2012, 06:54:00 AM »
Performance scoring results:
« on: August 10, 2012, 08:03:37 AM »
Today is the last day to pre-reg. Day of registration begins at 7:30.
« on: August 09, 2012, 06:45:59 AM »
Pre-reg closes Friday at 8pm.
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:01:44 AM »
We will be playing this ropes layout for handicap league tonight. 5:30 start.
« on: July 28, 2012, 12:28:53 PM »
If you're planning on playing Sunday you might want to preregister today.
Sunday is full.
« on: July 27, 2012, 10:31:58 AM »
Are those course Par 4's, or event par 4's because of the length?They are par 4s because of length/difficulty. That's the score we expect the average player to get on that hole. If you look at the last page of the course booklet, you will see a difficulty rating for each hole. That's the difficulty of achieving that par based on the results of the last tournament we hosted using this layout (1 being the most difficult hole to get par on, 20 being the easiest).
« on: July 26, 2012, 07:28:05 PM »
Online pre-reg is now available.
« on: July 25, 2012, 01:17:50 PM »
will there be discs for sale at the T ?Gary Lewis will have a ton of merch out there for your shopping convenience.
« on: July 25, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
Reserved for Questions.
« on: July 25, 2012, 09:44:56 AM »
Have you ever wanted to play the USDGC but couldn’t get an invite? Have you ever wanted to play Winthrop Gold or at least a similarly set up course but don’t want to travel all the way to SC? Here’s your chance. We’ve re-designed Mokena’s 27 hole course into 18 holes, added 2 temporary holes and laid out over 6600 feet of rope. The result, a 20 hole, 8427 foot, par 68 challenge. In addition, we are going to determine who will represent IL in this year’s USDGC Performance Flight.
What: Ropes at the Oaks (PDGA C-Tier)
Where: The Oaks, Mokena, IL
When: Sunday, August 12th, 2012
Eagle/Ace Fund: $5 (Optional) *Holes 9 and 18 do not qualify for eagle fund, ace only
50/50 CTP: $5 (Optional) 50% goes to the winner of the USDGC spot.
All AM players will receive an Innova Champion disc as a players pack.
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30
Players Meeting: 8:45
First Round Tee Time: 9:00
2 Rounds, 20 Hole USDGC Style Rope Course (Course Booklet)
Field limited to 100 players.
Pre-registration options include online registration through the PDGA, in person at J-Town Handicap Singles League, or mail to:
J-Town Disc Golf Club
P.O. Box 311
Elwood, IL 60421
Rules for USDGC Qualifying:
For more information e-mail email@example.com.
Click here for the flyer.