Please take this time to nominate a J-Town Disc Golf club member for the following positions.
President Vice-President Secretary Treasurer Member Advocate
Individual Board position descriptions are listed below:
1. President a. The President shall chair meetings and special sessions of the Board of Directors. The Secretary and Treasurer shall report to the President. The President participates in the nominating of, and approves, all Staff nominations. b. The President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. President checks and confirms all public communications (monthly newsletters, club flyers, press releases, etc.) before release. c. The President shall have access to the Clubs bank account(s) and other investments, if any, with the expressed approval of the Treasurer.
2. Vice-President a. The Vice President shall chair the Staff-based Operations Team, acting as team leader. b. The Vice President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. The Vice President shall assist the President as needed. c. Any teams or committees created by the Board of Directors shall be managed by the Vice President (or by a delegate appointed by the Vice President if approved by the rest of the Board). d. In the event of the Presidents absence, the Vice President shall chair Club meetings.
3. Secretary a. The Secretary shall be responsible for much of the communication of information within the structure of the Club. b. The Secretary shall record and disseminate the agenda, minutes, and notes from monthly and other Club meetings. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to respond to public inquiries, answer appropriate Club email, or forward such communication to the President. c. By nature of the position, the Secretary will need to work closely with the Webmaster or Assistant Webmaster in the combined goal of maintaining clear and consistent communication within the Club and in the eyes of the public. d. The Secretary shall chair Club meetings in the President and Vice Presidents absence.
4. Treasurer a. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the financial integrity of the Club. The Treasurer maintains all accounts payable, accounts receivable, sponsorship donations, and other Club investments. b. The Treasurer shall give a comprehensive financial status report at the Club meetings. c. The Treasurer is responsible for filing all appropriate State of Illinois and Federal taxes and fees.
5. Member Advocate a. The Member Advocate is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship between the Board of Directors and the general membership. b. The Member Advocate shall talk with members to come up with member concerns and desired changes in a more informal setting than the general membership meetings. These topics will then be presented at meetings on the members behalf, anonymously if desired.
My PDGA membership hasn't been current since 2011, I'm going to renew it this year, also I would need to join the club the day of. Would really like to play in this. My last rating was 878. Please let me know if I can get in on the fun. Email if needed is firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Serafiniak #47085
Just show up and we'll get you signed up for the club. Your PDGA membership does not need to be current to compete in this event.
Online registration closes Friday 2/8. Day of registration will cost $5 extra and will open at 7:30. For those already signed up, don't forget to bring your food donations and proof of PDGA membership (if you signed up recently).
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting #21 01/14/13 McDonalds (Jefferson & 55) Meeting called to order 5:00 PM
Members in attendance: Ryan Fancher Rob Gibson Frank Grimes Ray Hill Dave Kociuba Gary Lewis Jason Poole Kevin Schramm Aaron Studer
1) Financials (See Attached)
2) Patches 500 ordered 2 ½ Retail for $2
3) IL Disc Golf Hall of Fame Ray asked for a club project to open a IL HOF in the area Ray will report back with more details.
4) Tournament J-Town Logo use a. Ropes at the Oaks Approved b. Il State Championships Approved c. Channahon Classic Approved d. Birdie Bash Approved
5) Sanctioned Leagues a. Bag Tag Saturdays Aaron/ Kevin stated that they are not interested in having bag tags sanctioned at this time. We will revisit this topic at the March meeting. b. Handicap Tuesdays Will be sanctioned. Jason will do website and PDGA reporting. Rob Gibson will run the league with the assistance of Frank Grimes.
6) Club Invitational Memorial Day 5/27/13 Jason Poole will TD with Aaron Studer as Assistant TD Trinity Links in Lockport Will be discussing the date of future invitationals at an upcoming meeting to try and avoid a conflict with the team tournament at Sandy Point.
7) Member Rewards System Add requirement that points are only to be awarded for work in the J-Town Disc Golf Club area. Point system approved as listed in the program documentation (available on jtowndiscgolf.com under the Member Reward System heading). Jason will be tracking the points.
8 ) 2013 Ice Bowl Community Park in Channahon 2/9/13 PDGA Sanctioning/Insurance forms filed. PDGA Endowment Program paperwork completed. Online Pre-Registration has been set up. Gary Lewis will be providing merchandise. Ryan Fancher will be doing sponsor signs. Ryan will be creating player pack stickers (funding provided by Frank and Ray) Frank is actively seeking fund raiser helpers, donations, and general volunteers for day of help. Morning Star Mission will be the charitable beneficiary.
9) Open Q&A Kevin presented the board with a great opportunity to attend a Chamber of Minooka event and do a disc golf demo/ booth help. o Ray and Frank offered to assist o 2/16/13 Kevin also presented the board with another event taking place sometime in June that would involve Ball Golf and Disc Golf. More details coming as the event takes shape. Community Park in Channahon
Where:The Oaks, Mokena, IL When: 3/16/13 Sign-up will be 8:45 AM to 9:45 AM. Tee-off will be right around 10:00 AM Cost: Free (J-Town Disc Golf Club will cover the fees for J-Town players) Who: Clubs will include DISContinuum, Fox Valley, GRABM, J-Town, and SDGU.
J-Town Disc Golf Club is looking for club members to commit to this event. Format will be 1 rounds of singles. Members will be divided into 2 division with a 935 rating break point. Best 5 upper/ 8 lower finishing positions for each division per round will count towards the club total. Lowest club total wins.
Please reply to this post (PDGA #, Name, and Rating) if you want to represent the J-Town Disc Golf Club. I will periodically update this post with our roster. You will need to be a club member to play (we will have memberships available at the event).
just tried look at the links and they aren't working
Mick updated the file and changed the file name, so those links will no longer work. The new files can be found in the sidebar of this page in the section labeled Leagues under the heading Information.
Club members can receive $5 off of PDGA Memberships again in 2013. You can either fill out the attached form (must be logged into the forum), subtract $5 from the total and give the form/cash to a club officer. Or you can register online at http://www.pdgastore.com/store/memberships.html ($3 handling fee applies) and select "J-Town Disc Golf Club" from the Affiliate Club drop-down.
Ace Fund: $5 (Optional) 50/50 CTP: $5 (Optional) * In the event that no eligible players hit an ace, the ace fund will be donated to the Morning Star Mission. * 50% of the CTP fund will be donated to the Morning Star Mission.
All Players must bring 2 non-perishable food items or $5 donation.
All Players who sign up the day of the tournament will be subject to a $5 fee.
Approx 25% of entry fees will be donated to the Morning Star Mission.
First Place winners will receive trophies.
Raffle tickets for sale for prizes.
Free chili, chicken noodle soup, coffee, and hot chocolate.
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00
2 Rounds, 18 Holes Short Tees
Field limited to 90 players. Pre-registration options include online registration through the PDGA, in person at J-Town Bag Tags, or by mail to: J-Town Disc Golf Club P.O. Box 311 Elwood, IL 60421
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 11/12/12 Meeting #20 McDonalds on Jefferson and 55
Members in Attendance: Ray Hill Frank Grimes Jason Poole Dean Bingham
Meeting called to order, 5:05 PM
1) Financials (see attached)
2) Ice Bowl a) Award from 2012 50 CFR discs Motion to sell at $20 each. Vote 4-0, Motion Passes. Motion to allocate 80% of the proceeds to the Ice Bowl Charity (currently The Morning Star Mission) and 20% to the J-Town Disc Golf Club Charity Fund. Vote 4-0, Motion Passes. b) 2013 2/9/13 @ Community Park, Channahon, IL. Jason Poole will be TD with Ray Hill as Assistant TD.
3) 2013 Bag Tag Distribution The first attempt yielded only a few players. It could have been publicized a little more, so we will make another attempt after leagues on 11/18/12 to distribute numbers 4-20.
4) Club Tournament Supply Rental Motion to remove fee. Vote 1-2, 1 Abstain. Motion Fails.
5) Handicap League Awards Awarded Top 5, Trophies for Top 4, Perpetual was engraved. Remaining $5 from Prize/Party Fund will carry-over to next year. $99 was donated to the J-Town Fest
6) Patches Ordering 300. Retail price for the J-Town Disc Golf Club Patches will be set at $2
7) Member Reward System Motion to setup and use a J-Town Member Reward Program. Vote 4-0 for Reward Program, Motion Passes 12/1/12 rough draft to be submitted. Finalize Points/Rewards Program and begin using it on 1/1/13.
8 ) Open Q & A Saturday Bag Tag Challenge, CTP 50/50: Motion to donate funds risen up until the 2/9/13 Ice Bowl to the 2013 J-Town Disc Golf Club Ice Bowl Charity (Morning Star Mission). Vote 3-1, Motion Passes.
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 09/10/12 5:00 PM-- Meeting #19
Members in attendance: Frank Grimes, Jason Poole, Dean Bingham, and Ray Hill
1) Financials (Please see attached) About halfway back to paying off the original investment in clothing Sanctioning Singles been a successful financial decision Dean Bingham will do an inventory of the clothing to update sales sheets
2) Ice Bowl a) Last years results, prize We came in 3rd for money raised and won 50 Supercolor Discraft Discs. Jason will work the logo for full color discs and place the order
b) 2013 Tentative date of 2/9/13 Frank Grimes actively seeks individuals to help with this upcoming Ice Bowl Donations
3) 2013 Bag Tags a) Order Same logo as last season. Jason Poole will place the order for 150 tags including a duplicate #1 tag.
b) Distribution We will start selling 2013 tags at the J-Town Fest on 10/20. Tags 1-20 will be reserved for a playoff after Sunday doubles on 11/4 at Channahon.
4) Handicap League Awards Dean Bingham and Jason Poole will look into Trophy/Plaque options. The perpetual plaque is complete just need to add this years winner. 4 trophies/plaques were voted upon for the top 4 finishers
5) Course Projects a) Highland 13 recap Looks great!!
b) New projects Hole 15 at Highland Park needs erosion control for the tee pad. Frank Grimes wants to look into possible ways to slow this down and fix the problem.
6) Saturday Tags Aaron Studer has expressed interest in running tags on Saturdays. He will be set up with league supplies. Huge Thank you from the board for taking on this task and keeping the Tags going into the winter.
7) Hats After talking this out we are going to look into patches. They can hopefully be used for Hats and members to display on their golf bags
8 ) Rental Fees Club Supplies In an effort to maintain the current club owned tournament supplies the board has voted to have certain rental fees for items. The J-Town board does not have the intention of making a profit from this, just being mindful of the future of the club items and the fact that they will need replacing and updating as time goes on. The intention of these rental fees is just that. By setting the rental fee of a per person standard we hope to keep it as fair as possible for TDs. This way the fee will reflect the number of players that benefited and not penalize TDs who do not get a good turnout. This program will be watched and monitored to deem successful or not. Must be a current club member to rent supplies. A rental contract will be signed by the TD before taking any supplies. The signing party will be responsible for returning the supplies borrowed in a similar fashion to what they are received or will be responsible for the replacement fee. All supplies must be returned within a week of the event with the fee due upon return. A shorter time frame may be necessary if supplies will be needed at another event and will be disclosed prior to borrowing. See attached pricing.