The finished product:
5/27 5:30pm Trinity Links
6/3 5:30pm Highland Park
6/10 5:30pm West Park
5/26 5:30pm Trinity Links
6/2 5:30pm Highland Park
6/9 5:30pm West Park
Winter League PRO Stats
7th J-Town One Disc Challenge
J-Town DGDL-Pro/Adv Points 1st Half
J-Town DGDL-Am/Nov Points 1st Half
Handicap Singles 1st
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - pooleje
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting
7/9/12, Called to order 5:00 PM
Community Park, Channahon
Members in Attendance:
1) Financials (see attached)
2) Handicap Singles League
• Looking into setting-up the “Ropes Course” at Mokena for leagues on 8/7/12
3) J-Town Invitational Recap
• Big thumbs-up to Jason Poole for the design of the “Ropes Course.” There was a lot of help getting this ready…Thank You.
• This tourney made the ratings update, as well.
• To be determined
5) Open Q&A
• Complete the circle benches on #13 at Highland before Illinois State Championships
Meeting adjourned, 5:40 PM.
J‐Town Disc Golf Club Meeting #17
Channahon Community Park
Meeting called to order 5:30 PM
Members in attendance:
1) Financials (see attached)
2) Discontinuum Club Challenge (Recap)
• Jtown was very proud in the fact that we brought the most participants and had to (arguably) travel the farthest.
• Thanks Discontinuum for running this year after year.
3) Handicap Singles League
• From the numbers it appears that Sanctioned singles is a hit. Very few people decline the $1 fee for a PDGA rated round.
• Board voted to extend the Sanctioning and will do two additional sessions
• The season will be divided to meet PDGA requirements (6-10 weeks)
4) J-Town Invitational
• May 28th
• 20 hole Mokena Ropes course
• Frank will ask Tom McManus to barrow 2 baskets and 3 fly pads for the temp holes.
• Frank Grimes, Jason Poole will run the Event
5) Election Results
• All positions were unopposed, no voting was needed
6) Discount for children's memberships.
• $5 membership fee for children memberships (16 years of age or younger).
• All club perks.
• Vote passed 3-0
7) Open Q&A
• Frank Grimes would like to look into purchasing hats and using the club logo. Permission was given and he will report back his findings
• Vote to purchase tournament supplies (18,000 ft of rope, 3 reels, 10lb 60d Nails, 1000 J-Town marking flags, 500 whiskers) at a cost of $290.07 passes 3-0.
• Vote to rent out club owned tournament supplies (rate TBD) passes 3-0.
Hey, i registered online for intermediate women last Sunday and it still hasn't shown up, but my credit card has been charged. Not sure what's going on. My name is Lindsay Truesdale #45902 if that helps!
Please note that there is both a Global Event and a Local Event. What you registered for online was the global portion (Participants List). Unfortunately, the PDGA does not notify us of who signs up for the global portion of this event and has not put up the online pre-reg for the local portion of the event. I have since gone through their list and added everyone to our list.
That being said, all players will still need to sign-up for the local event on Saturday ($20 for Pro, $15 for Am). There is not a non-PDGA member fee for this event.
I have updated the original post to be more clear about the fees.
What: 2012 J-Town Disc Golf Club Invitational (PDGA C-Tier)
Where: The Oaks, Mokena, IL
When: Monday, May 28th, 2012
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30
Players Meeting: 8:45
First Round Tee Time: 9:00
2 Rounds, 20 Hole Ropes Course
Open Divisions: $10
Advanced Divisions: FREE
*$10 PDGA Non-Member Fee
Ace Fund: $2 (Optional)
50/50 CTP: $3 (Optional) 50% goes to the Club Enhancement Fund
Field limited to 80 players. So preregister by posting below or contact any officer.
This tournament is just a perk of the club, as well as a huge thank you for being a member!!
We are playing for ratings and PDGA points. The club will cover the PDGA’s tournament fees.
100% cash payout to Open division.
There will be no prizes for AM1, just FUN, points, and ratings.
There will be trophies for 1st place in each division.
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for the flyer.
« on: April 16, 2012, 05:38:26 AM »
Nominations for the current election have closed and since all positions are unopposed, there will be no need for voting.
Officers for the period of 6/1/12-5/31/13 are:
President: Ray Hill
Vice-President: Frank Grimes
Secretary- Dean Bingham
Treasurer- Jason Poole
Member Advocate- Dave Kociuba
How was West Park last night? Was it dry and did you have enough daylight with just 18 holes?
Other than the creek, the course was about as dry as it gets. We finished with plenty of daylight left (skipping holes 6-11).
Frank's & Bean's Tuesday Nights
• Start date: April 10, 2012, Follow the same schedule as the doubles league. Same time and same place as the Wednesday Nights, but on Tuesday. (Schedule)
• $5 entry fee, optional Ace ($1), optional PDGA Sanctioned ($1) & CTPs (2x$2/CTP) = $6, CTPs will be designated as Prize Fund & Club Enhancements. The payout will be the top 30% with a minimum of $5 for last cash. $0.50 from each entry fee will pay the hot round of the day.
• This year, players will have the option of playing leagues as a PDGA Sanctioned event. They will receive official ratings and points.
• Handling of non-rated players: If you do not have a PDGA rating, your first 3 rounds at the handicap leagues will be free to establish your handicap. You will only be allowed to participate in the Ace Fund, CTPs, and Bag Tags (Bag Tags will be determined on the scratch score). Another option to acquire your handicap; if a club officer is willing to play those three rounds outside of league night. After you accumulate more rounds your rating will be taken from your last 5 rounds.
• Frank Grimes, Dean Bingham, and Dave Kociuba will be running it. Jason Poole will be handling the PDGA sanctioning and results.
« on: March 22, 2012, 04:29:40 AM »
you got anymore of those poole.... or did dom o swoop them all
All of mine are gone.
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:45:51 AM »
Nominations will be accepted through 4/12/12
Nominations Listed Below (A=accepted, D=declined)
Ray Hill (A)
Frank Grimes (A)
Jesse Saenz (D)
Dean Bingham (A)
Jason Poole (A)
5. Member Advocate
Dave Kociuba (A)
At this time the J-Town Disc Golf Club is now accepting nominations for the Board Member positions.
Please take this time to nominate a J-Town Disc Golf club member for the following positions.
Individual Board position descriptions are listed below:
a. The President shall chair meetings and special sessions of the Board of Directors. The Secretary and Treasurer shall report to the President. The President participates in the nominating of, and approves, all Staff nominations.
b. The President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. President checks and confirms all public communications (monthly newsletters, club flyers, press releases, etc.) before release.
c. The President shall have access to the Club’s bank account(s) and other investments, if any, with the expressed approval of the Treasurer.
a. The Vice President shall chair the Staff-based Operations Team, acting as team leader.
b. The Vice President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. The Vice President shall assist the President as needed.
c. Any teams or committees created by the Board of Directors shall be managed by the Vice President (or by a delegate appointed by the Vice President if approved by the rest of the Board).
d. In the event of the President’s absence, the Vice President shall chair Club meetings.
a. The Secretary shall be responsible for much of the communication of information within the structure of the Club.
b. The Secretary shall record and disseminate the agenda, minutes, and notes from monthly and other Club meetings. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to respond to public inquiries, answer appropriate Club email, or forward such communication to the President.
c. By nature of the position, the Secretary will need to work closely with the Webmaster or Assistant Webmaster in the combined goal of maintaining clear and consistent communication within the Club and in the eyes of the public.
d. The Secretary shall chair Club meetings in the President and Vice President’s absence.
a. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the financial integrity of the Club. The Treasurer maintains all accounts payable, accounts receivable, sponsorship donations, and other Club investments.
b. The Treasurer shall give a comprehensive financial status report at the Club meetings.
c. The Treasurer is responsible for filing all appropriate State of Illinois and Federal taxes and fees as is pertinent to maintaining 501©(3) tax-exempt status as a non-profit corporation.
5. Member Advocate
a. The Member Advocate is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship between the Board of Directors and the general membership.
b. The Member Advocate shall talk with members to come up with member concerns and desired changes in a more informal setting than the general membership meetings. These topics will then be presented at meetings on the member’s behalf, anonymously if desired.
J‐Town Disc Golf Club Meeting #16
McDonald’s (Jefferson & 55)
Meeting called to order 5:00 PM
Members in attendance:
1) Financials (see attached)
2) Ice Bowl (recap)
* $8382 and over 1000 lbs. of food was raised for the Morning Star Mission.
3) Discontinuum Club Challenge
* Captain: Dean and Dave
4) Handicap Singles League
* Opening Day 04/10/12, West Park
* J‐Town will be sanctioning leagues with the PDGA on a trial basis. The
sanctioning fee is $25 for 10 weeks paid by the club. There needs to
be a minimum of 5 players to sanction each week. $1 will be added to
the entry fee if a player decides to play under the sanctioned status. It
is optional, each week, to play sanctioned or non‐sanctioned. Dean
Bingham will be the TD/Official. Jason Poole will be the Assistant TD.
5) J‐Town Invitational
* 05/27/12, “Ropes Course” at The Oaks in Mokena. April is the
deadline for final details. Lockport will be the alternate location if
6) Club Name on Tournaments
* Woman’s Global Tournament: Ray Hill, TD. Approved for association
with J‐Town Disc Golf Club.* Mokena Tournament: “Ropes Course,” USDGC qualifier “performance”
edition. Approved for association with J‐Town Disc Golf Club.
* Nominations 03/12/12‐04/12/12, Elections 04/13/12‐05/14/12,
Take office on 6/1/12.
President: Ray Hill (A)
Vice President: Frank Grimes (?), Jesse Saenz (?)
Treasurer: Jason Poole (A)
Secretary: Dean Bingham (A)
Member Advocate: Dave Kociuba (A)
Meeting adjourned 6:30
I'm looking to attend this weekend and to join J-Town DGC for this event and also to begin attending other events during the year. I played with Discontinuum a year or two ago and then a wedding, house and other things got in the way of my schedule.
Sure, we'd be glad to have you. Just show up at the course and see one of the club officers (Ray, Frank, Dean, Dave, Jason) and we'll get you signed up with the club.
« on: March 10, 2012, 03:06:06 PM »
I have 2 of them (4x Glow Rocs) in my car (1 new, 1 with ink). I'll be at leagues tomorrow (3/10).