J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 22 03/11/13 5:00 PM McDonalds- 4280 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60431
Meeting called to order at 5:00
Members in attendance: Ryan Fancher Rob Gibson Mason Gibson (Bday boy!) Aaron Studer Jason Poole Frank Grimes Ray Hill
1) Financials (see attached)
2) IL Hall of Fame No reply to emails from Ray Hill inquiring about requirements and information to move forward. Ray will report back when more information is made available. We will revisit this item at the May meeting.
3) Ice Bowl (recap) Frank Grimes is reporting $9332 in cash and 225 pounds of food donated to the Morning Star Mission. Once again outdoing the previous year. We couldnt be more proud of all his efforts. Things to improve on: setting out the tee signs, possibly the night before may help with logistics of a long walk in the AM. Things to improve on: Registration. The idea to make more of an assembly line registration may improve the flow, wait times, and over all organization of the whole process. (Stations for food collection, PDGA verification, entry fee, ace/ctp fund)
4) Discontinuum Club Challenge Saturday the 16th at Mokena Blue Tees Sell J-Town merchandise and memberships Jobs were assigned for Club Challenge o Merchandise: Aaron o Tag sorting and registration: Frank and Jason o New Membership signups: Rob and Ray Club will meet by the baseball fields for a mock Tourney Central
5) Handicap Singles League Season begins 4/2/13 Broken up into 3 seasons for PDGA reporting purposes with Months as a designators (April/May, June/July, August/September) Same entry fees and optional fees as previous season Fliers will be made and displayed around local courses as well as neighboring out of town courses and disc golf related shops.
6) Bag Tags Aaron Studer continues to see improvement in participation Overall consensus from the players was to not Sanction Saturday Tags Aaron will maintain Saturday tags throughout the near future. No end date was decided but overall feedback was positive to offer this service. Thanks Aaron for stepping up to run this.
7) Course Projects Frank Grimes would like to build a retaining wall to help with the erosion behind hole 15s short tee at Highland. The runoff from rain is causing the tee to be covered in mud and Frank would like to stop it before it gets too bad. Franks will have a bid put together and approved by the board before moving forward.
8.) Election a) Deadlines 3/1/13- 4/11/13 Nomination Period 4/12/13-5/13/13 Voting Period Ballets to be counted and made official at the 5/13/13 board meeting b) Nominations Jason Poole Nominates Frank Grimes for Vice President Ryan Fancher Nominates Dean Bingham for Secretary Aaron Studer Nominates Ray Hill for President Jason Poole Nominates Jesse Saenz for Vice President Rob Gibson Nominates Aaron Studer for Member Advocate, he accepts Ray Hill Nominates Jason Poole for Treasurer, he accepts
9) Open Q&A Rob Gibson is appointed a staff position in Public Relations and will take over the social networking on behalf of the club. He will administer the Facebook page and use that platform to write up J-Town Disc Golf Club Member related stories and events. Jason Poole will get the appropriate rights set up. Jason Poole with set up an events page on jtowndiscgolf.com for J-Town Bag Tags to post schedules and results. He will also modify the reporting spreadsheet to work with the new events page and give Aaron Studer the appropriate rights to manage the page.
Please take this time to nominate a J-Town Disc Golf club member for the following positions.
President Vice-President Secretary Treasurer Member Advocate
Individual Board position descriptions are listed below:
1. President a. The President shall chair meetings and special sessions of the Board of Directors. The Secretary and Treasurer shall report to the President. The President participates in the nominating of, and approves, all Staff nominations. b. The President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. President checks and confirms all public communications (monthly newsletters, club flyers, press releases, etc.) before release. c. The President shall have access to the Clubs bank account(s) and other investments, if any, with the expressed approval of the Treasurer.
2. Vice-President a. The Vice President shall chair the Staff-based Operations Team, acting as team leader. b. The Vice President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. The Vice President shall assist the President as needed. c. Any teams or committees created by the Board of Directors shall be managed by the Vice President (or by a delegate appointed by the Vice President if approved by the rest of the Board). d. In the event of the Presidents absence, the Vice President shall chair Club meetings.
3. Secretary a. The Secretary shall be responsible for much of the communication of information within the structure of the Club. b. The Secretary shall record and disseminate the agenda, minutes, and notes from monthly and other Club meetings. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to respond to public inquiries, answer appropriate Club email, or forward such communication to the President. c. By nature of the position, the Secretary will need to work closely with the Webmaster or Assistant Webmaster in the combined goal of maintaining clear and consistent communication within the Club and in the eyes of the public. d. The Secretary shall chair Club meetings in the President and Vice Presidents absence.
4. Treasurer a. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the financial integrity of the Club. The Treasurer maintains all accounts payable, accounts receivable, sponsorship donations, and other Club investments. b. The Treasurer shall give a comprehensive financial status report at the Club meetings. c. The Treasurer is responsible for filing all appropriate State of Illinois and Federal taxes and fees.
5. Member Advocate a. The Member Advocate is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship between the Board of Directors and the general membership. b. The Member Advocate shall talk with members to come up with member concerns and desired changes in a more informal setting than the general membership meetings. These topics will then be presented at meetings on the members behalf, anonymously if desired.
My PDGA membership hasn't been current since 2011, I'm going to renew it this year, also I would need to join the club the day of. Would really like to play in this. My last rating was 878. Please let me know if I can get in on the fun. Email if needed is email@example.com
Alan Serafiniak #47085
Just show up and we'll get you signed up for the club. Your PDGA membership does not need to be current to compete in this event.
Online registration closes Friday 2/8. Day of registration will cost $5 extra and will open at 7:30. For those already signed up, don't forget to bring your food donations and proof of PDGA membership (if you signed up recently).
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting #21 01/14/13 McDonalds (Jefferson & 55) Meeting called to order 5:00 PM
Members in attendance: Ryan Fancher Rob Gibson Frank Grimes Ray Hill Dave Kociuba Gary Lewis Jason Poole Kevin Schramm Aaron Studer
1) Financials (See Attached)
2) Patches 500 ordered 2 ½ Retail for $2
3) IL Disc Golf Hall of Fame Ray asked for a club project to open a IL HOF in the area Ray will report back with more details.
4) Tournament J-Town Logo use a. Ropes at the Oaks Approved b. Il State Championships Approved c. Channahon Classic Approved d. Birdie Bash Approved
5) Sanctioned Leagues a. Bag Tag Saturdays Aaron/ Kevin stated that they are not interested in having bag tags sanctioned at this time. We will revisit this topic at the March meeting. b. Handicap Tuesdays Will be sanctioned. Jason will do website and PDGA reporting. Rob Gibson will run the league with the assistance of Frank Grimes.
6) Club Invitational Memorial Day 5/27/13 Jason Poole will TD with Aaron Studer as Assistant TD Trinity Links in Lockport Will be discussing the date of future invitationals at an upcoming meeting to try and avoid a conflict with the team tournament at Sandy Point.
7) Member Rewards System Add requirement that points are only to be awarded for work in the J-Town Disc Golf Club area. Point system approved as listed in the program documentation (available on jtowndiscgolf.com under the Member Reward System heading). Jason will be tracking the points.
8 ) 2013 Ice Bowl Community Park in Channahon 2/9/13 PDGA Sanctioning/Insurance forms filed. PDGA Endowment Program paperwork completed. Online Pre-Registration has been set up. Gary Lewis will be providing merchandise. Ryan Fancher will be doing sponsor signs. Ryan will be creating player pack stickers (funding provided by Frank and Ray) Frank is actively seeking fund raiser helpers, donations, and general volunteers for day of help. Morning Star Mission will be the charitable beneficiary.
9) Open Q&A Kevin presented the board with a great opportunity to attend a Chamber of Minooka event and do a disc golf demo/ booth help. o Ray and Frank offered to assist o 2/16/13 Kevin also presented the board with another event taking place sometime in June that would involve Ball Golf and Disc Golf. More details coming as the event takes shape. Community Park in Channahon
Where:The Oaks, Mokena, IL When: 3/16/13 Sign-up will be 8:45 AM to 9:45 AM. Tee-off will be right around 10:00 AM Cost: Free (J-Town Disc Golf Club will cover the fees for J-Town players) Who: Clubs will include DISContinuum, Fox Valley, GRABM, J-Town, and SDGU.
J-Town Disc Golf Club is looking for club members to commit to this event. Format will be 1 rounds of singles. Members will be divided into 2 division with a 935 rating break point. Best 5 upper/ 8 lower finishing positions for each division per round will count towards the club total. Lowest club total wins.
Please reply to this post (PDGA #, Name, and Rating) if you want to represent the J-Town Disc Golf Club. I will periodically update this post with our roster. You will need to be a club member to play (we will have memberships available at the event).
just tried look at the links and they aren't working
Mick updated the file and changed the file name, so those links will no longer work. The new files can be found in the sidebar of this page in the section labeled Leagues under the heading Information.
Club members can receive $5 off of PDGA Memberships again in 2013. You can either fill out the attached form (must be logged into the forum), subtract $5 from the total and give the form/cash to a club officer. Or you can register online at http://www.pdgastore.com/store/memberships.html ($3 handling fee applies) and select "J-Town Disc Golf Club" from the Affiliate Club drop-down.
Ace Fund: $5 (Optional) 50/50 CTP: $5 (Optional) * In the event that no eligible players hit an ace, the ace fund will be donated to the Morning Star Mission. * 50% of the CTP fund will be donated to the Morning Star Mission.
All Players must bring 2 non-perishable food items or $5 donation.
All Players who sign up the day of the tournament will be subject to a $5 fee.
Approx 25% of entry fees will be donated to the Morning Star Mission.
First Place winners will receive trophies.
Raffle tickets for sale for prizes.
Free chili, chicken noodle soup, coffee, and hot chocolate.
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00
2 Rounds, 18 Holes Short Tees
Field limited to 90 players. Pre-registration options include online registration through the PDGA, in person at J-Town Bag Tags, or by mail to: J-Town Disc Golf Club P.O. Box 311 Elwood, IL 60421
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 11/12/12 Meeting #20 McDonalds on Jefferson and 55
Members in Attendance: Ray Hill Frank Grimes Jason Poole Dean Bingham
Meeting called to order, 5:05 PM
1) Financials (see attached)
2) Ice Bowl a) Award from 2012 50 CFR discs Motion to sell at $20 each. Vote 4-0, Motion Passes. Motion to allocate 80% of the proceeds to the Ice Bowl Charity (currently The Morning Star Mission) and 20% to the J-Town Disc Golf Club Charity Fund. Vote 4-0, Motion Passes. b) 2013 2/9/13 @ Community Park, Channahon, IL. Jason Poole will be TD with Ray Hill as Assistant TD.
3) 2013 Bag Tag Distribution The first attempt yielded only a few players. It could have been publicized a little more, so we will make another attempt after leagues on 11/18/12 to distribute numbers 4-20.
4) Club Tournament Supply Rental Motion to remove fee. Vote 1-2, 1 Abstain. Motion Fails.
5) Handicap League Awards Awarded Top 5, Trophies for Top 4, Perpetual was engraved. Remaining $5 from Prize/Party Fund will carry-over to next year. $99 was donated to the J-Town Fest
6) Patches Ordering 300. Retail price for the J-Town Disc Golf Club Patches will be set at $2
7) Member Reward System Motion to setup and use a J-Town Member Reward Program. Vote 4-0 for Reward Program, Motion Passes 12/1/12 rough draft to be submitted. Finalize Points/Rewards Program and begin using it on 1/1/13.
8 ) Open Q & A Saturday Bag Tag Challenge, CTP 50/50: Motion to donate funds risen up until the 2/9/13 Ice Bowl to the 2013 J-Town Disc Golf Club Ice Bowl Charity (Morning Star Mission). Vote 3-1, Motion Passes.