J‐Town Disc Golf Club Meeting #8 11/08/10 5:00 PM McDonald’s Shorewood, IL
Motion to call meeting to order 5:00pm, seconded
Members in Attendance: • Jason Poole • Frank Grimes • Ray Hill
1) Financials(please see attached) a. Member Count b. Member Funds Saved c. Member Funds Spent d. Future Purchases • $25 for the club PDGA affiliation renewal. • JTown Disc Golf Ice Bowl expenses
2) Ice Bowl 2011 • Morning Star Mission to be the charity Jtown will once again work with. • Date will be February 5th, 2011 at Channahon Community Park • Singles 2 rounds of 18 PDGA C-tier Event • With the Frank and Beans team working so well Dean Bingham has been nominated to be the TD of the event. (Frank Grimes to be co-TD and taking officials test any day now) • There will be a special meeting in the near future to hand out jobs and tasks for the tourney. Please contact a board member if you have any interest in working the tourney. • Frank Grimes will lead the fund raising efforts once again
3) Club Challenge Review • Inspired by the success of the club challenge between Discontinuum and Fox Valley, we thought it would be nice to keep it going with Streamwood Disc Golfer’s Union • Jason Poole and Ray Hill will make efforts to contact a club member of Streamwood to have an official club challenge • Looking to do it early December if all works out for both clubs • Stay tuned for details as they are made available
4) Distribution of 2011 Bag Tags • Will take place on November 28th after leagues at Lockport • The number of people that show up to play for their tag number will be taken out of the first (X) that stay. Example is 15 players show up then 1-15 will be taken out for play that day, and distributed according to scores. • The rest will be sold numerically to the best of the boards ability to those that do not want to play for the lower numbers that day.
5) Winter Projects • Castle Wall for Channy #2 o Current Bid Proposal for materials being prepared by Frank Grimes
6) JTown PDGA Renewals • Approved to pay the PDGA $25 to remain in the Affiliation Program • Communicate to members that they do receive a $5 on renewal through the club
7) Addressing Member Concerns and or Member Feedback • Talk to Cory Clements about Tag Saturdays and where that stands. • Getting the non-for-profit paperwork together • Establishing a checking account
J‐Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 7 9/13/2010 5:00pm Channahon Community Park Channahon, IL Motion to bring meeting to order, seconded. 5:15 Members in attendance: Jason Poole Frank Grimes Dave Kociuba Ray Hill 1) Financials (see attached) 2) Club Logo votes tallied: a. 31 total member votes b. Submission “C” was the winner with 22 votes. i. (A‐4 votes B‐4 votes C‐22 votes and D‐1 vote) c. For the logo being chosen, Mike Kursell will be given a membership to the 2011 J‐Town Disc Golf Club season… Congratulations Mike!! d. All other drawings and submissions will be saved and talked about later for J‐Town advertising or events. 3) Introduction of Member Advocate a. Dave Kociuba was enthusiastic to take office and is ready to contribute. He stated that he understands his role and looks forward to helping the club advance in a positive direction. 4) Ice Bowl 2011 a. Frank Grimes is already planning for a great tournament. b. Would like the fund raising efforts to be more of a group action. Getting members involved is vital to a successful outcome. The sooner we start collecting donations the better the results. c. The tournament will be held in the middle of February. Date TBD depending on sanctioning agreements, etc. 5) Bag Tags for 2011 a. Now that a logo has been decided the board can order supplies for 2011. b. Memberships for 2011 will begin to be sold after October 31, 2010. c. The tags will remain the same size and style as 2010 with the newly voted logo being displayed. 6) Handicap League Wrap up/ Awards a. A single “travel trophy” as well as a “keeper plaque/ trophy” will be awarded to 1st place in the first season. The idea is that the trophy will go home with the winner for the “off season” and or until a new winner is declared. i. Winners names from year after year will be appended to the “traveling trophy” b. Funding for the “travel trophy” will come out of the Club Enhancement fund that has been collected throughout the season. c. Second and third place trophies/ plaques will also be awarded. d. Shopping for trophies and plaques are currently being quoted by the board. e. All awards to be handed out in conjunction with the Doubles Picnic October 16th. Motion to adjurn, 6:10
There will be a meeting at Channahon Community Park Monday, 9/13 at 5pm. (we will find an open pavilion when we get there) You as a club member are invited.
We are going to count the votes for the club logo as well as a few house keeping items. Planning has begun for 2011... and ideas or things you would like to see the club do?.... Bring your ideas to channy and let the board know whats on your mind...
The JTown Disc Golf Club Position that is being voting upon is for the MEMBER ADVOCATE.
Position Description: The Member Advocate is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship between the Board of Directors and the general membership. The Member Advocate shall talk with members to come up with member concerns and desired changes in a more informal setting than the general membership meetings. These topics will then be presented at meetings on the member's behalf, anonymously if desired.
Randy Bruemmer Darrin Johnson Dave Kocuiba Nate Winterstein
Please PM or Email your vote to a club officer, you must be a current member to vote and one vote per member. Officers are: Ray Hill (gratefuldad), Frank Grimes (frankie), Dean Bingham (bangham), or Jason Poole (pooleje) All votes WILL BE KEPT PRIVATE. If you would prefer to do it pen and paper instead of electronic, please attend the meeting on Sunday at Channahon. Electronic Voting will be open until the 8pm Saturday 8/21/10.
Votes will be tallied at a special club meeting held Sunday morning at 10am Channahon. (we will grab a pavilion as long as no people have parties)
Also at that time we will be going over club logo for next years bag tags. If you can make it please don't miss it.
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 6 7/12/10 5:00 PM Channahon Community Park
Motion to bring meeting to order, seconded. 5:00 PM Members in attendance: Ray Hill Frank Grimes Jason Poole Dean Bingham Nate Winterstein
1) Financials (see attached)
2) Officer Review • Roy Bazan resigns from the position of Member Advocate. • The vote to change “unanimously” to “anonymously” in section II, B, 5, b; of the J-Town Disc Golf Club Bylaws & Operating Procedures was passed unanimously. • II. B. 5. Member Advocate a. The Member Advocate is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship between the Board of Directors and the general membership. b. The Member Advocate shall talk with members to come up with member concerns and desired changes in a more informal setting than the general membership meetings. These topics will then be presented at meetings on the member’s behalf, anonymously if desired. • Nominations for a new Member Advocate will be made until 8/2/10 • 8/3/10 voting will open • 8/9/10 voting closes at J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting • Nominations, so far; are Tom Matesevac, Dave Kocuiba, Darrin Johnson, Nate Winterstein, Randy Bruemmer. 3) Club Tournament Review • Need to advertise more • Need to use it as a promotional tool to recruit more members • The vote to strike III, D, 3 from the J-Town Disc Golf Club Bylaws & Operating Procedures was passed unanimously. • The vote to replace III, D, 3 with “Any memberships sold on or after October 31st will be valid for the remainder of the current year and will extend through the following year,” was passed unanimously. 4) Club Logo • Sean Cooke, Mike Kursell, Brian Schuman, and Dave Kocuiba are being contacted about submitting their drawings. If there are any other artists that would like to submit something, please contact any of the club officers (Ray Hill, Frank Grimes, Jason Poole, Dean Bingham). Motion to adjourn, seconded. 5:51 PM
What better way to spend a Friday in early July, walking around with good friends in a beautiful park. The 1st (hopefully inaugural) JTown Club Invitational is in the books. I had a blast today, thanks to all 153 members that make it all possible.
Huge thanks goes out to following in no particular order...
Ryan Barcus-- Sweet sweet basket for MPO, thanks for taking the time and energy to make that. I love that the members were such a huge part of the trophies....
Josh Knight-- You had a great vision for a trophy. I hope it turned out the way you wanted, it was sick! That was amazing, wish I won it!! Thanks for the donation!!
Dean Bingham-- Leader of the board touch his cards and die thanks for keeping everything running smooth and asking all the right questions. Never would have ran smooth with out you. Thanks man!
Frank Grimes-- Your house looked and played so amazing. I wanted to take my shoes off at times cause it looked so nice. You constantly spoil everyone in this area. Rings around the baskets makes a C-tier on a Friday feel like playing in a Major! All the baby trees near tees that are fairly new I hid under today I would say "thanks for the shade Frankie!!" I'm really happy you got to play...
Randy Moore Sr.-- Thanks the great card second round, I had a lot of fun playing with you. Thanks a million for the extra CTP donation!!
Jason Poole-- you are my hero with spreadsheets. Best Scoreport EVER!! If I had a dollar for every time I went to think of something and you already had it done, I wouldn't have to work another day in my life
To all the players-- Thanks for all your patience. You guys took all the ups and downs in great strides today... Thanks for coming out!!! Hope you had fun!
Congrats to the Winners! You are now a trivia question answer.... Who were the winners of the 1st JTown Disc Golf Club Invitational?
Dave K and Dave Nelson.... NICE SHOOTING!!
If I forgot about you I promise it wasn't on purpose... but thanks
Cory Clements #35281 Steve Slater #23634 Nate Winterstien #38513 Kenny Glassman #30060 Dave Nelson #30228 Ben Carrescia #37483 Patrick Johnson #41181 Randy Moore Sr. #30166 John Marren #43331 Matt Travis #29292
I will keep this list as up to date as possible. Email me to pre-reg gratefuldad420atgmaildotcom, or leave a reply below...
Due to a few different factors weather, and course work...WE HAVE MADE THE CHANGE TO PLAY BOTH ROUNDS AT CHANNAHON.
They might sneak a few tees in this week and with the rain in the forecast we thought it was a good idea to just make the change. This way work can get done at Highland, and there is no overlap. Let's say they don't get poured until Thursday, then we are playing from the sides and behind... this way is just less stress for everyone involved. Please spread the word of the change to friends.
We will not be adding extra holes, playing 18 both rounds. With a limit on 5 to a card that's a 90 player limit. Please don't get turned away Friday morning, pre-reg starts at handicap league tomorrow.
If you can't make it out this week and want to pre-reg, drop me an email gratefuldad420atgmaildotcom
NON-PDGA Member is $10 OPEN $10 AM1- Free for JTown members
2 rounds of singles. 2 divisions only Open and MA1
ENTRY FEES: $10 for Open FREE for Ams
$10 FOR NON-PDGA MEMBERS $2 optional Ace Pool
This tournament is just a perk of the club, as well as a huge thank you for being a member!! We are playing for ratings and PDGA points. We will have to charge a $10 fee for NON-PDGA members. There will be no prizes for AM1, just FUN, points, and ratings. There will be trophies for 1st place in each division.
8:00-9:00 Check in 9:15ish Players Meeting
Round one is at Highland (White) and Both rounds two will be at Channahon (shorts).