WEEK 3 - April 15, 2015
First Half #3
Trinity Links, Lockport, IL
18 Holes - Par 54-Short Tees
Skipped hole #15 because of flooding. Instead we played a temp hole to the practice basket called 4b. We’re still not sure where 4a went. Better Call Tom M. A 270 ft hole to the practice basket from the east side of the east building. If you didn’t make it over the fence it was OB and you had to retee. CONDITIONS
The temperature started out around 65 degrees with clear skies. The wind was very strong at around the 15-17 mph range, with gusts easily around 25 mph. All water area levels were up. The course was pretty dry for this time of year.NOTES
• Once again The Swamps of Trinity ate many discs, but at least no one fell in this time.
• Thanks guys for letting us use the Trinity Links club house for registration. Although it was a pretty nice night it’s great to not have to worry about the weather elements. This makes a huge difference when getting things ready. Every course needs one.
• It was great to see everyone again. We had many new faces that we hope will continue to show up each week. We also hope that the familiar faces that weren’t there will make their way back and be part of this year’s league.
We miss you!
• Kevin “Kid K” Macuiba & Izak ‘IMAC” McDonald win the playoff against some of the best to take the top honors. They shoot fantastic round of 42 (-12) to capture the victory.
• It’s easy to say “Team Youngsters” or Team Future” or something along those lines won big last night. But the reality is that the new generation of top disc golfers in the Joliet area is here and their here to stay. It’s so damn cool to see so many guys in their teens and early twenties with so much ability.
This generation could be the best we’ve seen in a long time or maybe ever! Older guys just suck it up and face the reality!
• Kory “El Nino” Seddon & Joe “Kool” Kolar easily take down the Am/Nov Division. They shot a great round of 46 (-8).
• DJ draws Cali and ends up with the worst possible partner. Just kidding Darrin! They (he) end up shooting a unbelievable round of 54. Nice game!
• Hey Tom M. I think guys are still trying to find hole 4a. What’s with that?
• Shout out to Tracy for getting the payouts ready for us. It’s so nice to have everything ready to roll once you come back in after the round.
• Shout out to the Taco Lady!
• Shout out to Twan on his perspective of how the night unfolded.
• Dana Vicich is running the Swinging Bridge Open 2015 this Sunday, April 19 in Pontiac. More info go here:http://danadiscgolf.com
• Steve Rachan is having a doubles tourney fundraiser this Saturday April 18 at Highland Park. Check it out here:http://jtowndiscgolf.com/SMF1/index.php?topic=1066.0PLAYERS
31 PRO/ADV 29 AM/NOV TOP THREE
Macuiba & McDonald take the top honors. They end up taking home 62 bucks each and jump on top the early leader board with 4-points. Also shooting an amazing round of 42 (-12) were Al Hermosillo & Dana Vicich. They take the second place spot end up splitting 75 bucks. Taylor Cimala & Nick Austin take the third spot also shooting a great round of 42 (-12). The split 50 bucks.TOP THREE
Seddon & Kolar take the top honors. They end with 4-points and $32 each in their pockets. Mike Cembala & Dan McMillin take the second spot shooting a nice round of 47 (-7). They split 36 bucks. In the third spot for the night were Edgar Jones & Dylan Fredericks. They shot a nice round of 48 (-6) and take home $12 each plus one extra point.CTPS
Izak McDonald - CTP Party Fund hole1 #1= $44
Dana Vicich - CTP Party Fund hole2 #3 = $44
John Dale - CTP Tournament Fund hole #11 = $43
Randy Moore Jr. - CTP CFR Disc hole #16ACES
No Aces $98 to start next week BIG MONEY NIGHTPro/Adv
Izak McDonald wins first place in the PRO/ADV and hits a ctp to take home $106 for the night.Am/Nov
Kory Seddon & Joe Kolar win the AM/NOV division and take home $32 each.Next Week -COMMUNITY PARK, CHANNAHON
DON’T FORGET 4:15 REGISTRATION AND 5:15 START!!
THIS IS THE LAST 5:15 START FOR THE FIRST HALF!
See You Later,