WEEK 24 - September 17, 2014
Second Half #11
West Park, Joliet, ILTEES
18 Holes - Par 54
Holes 1-5 and 12-24 CONDITIONS
The temperature started out around 70 with clear skies By 8:00pm the temps dropped to around 58. The park was in good condition. The mosquitoes were out in forceNOTES
• In the Pro/Adv field Kris ‘Big Hutt” Hutter and Al “Lefty Al” Hermosillo take the victory by a stroke shooting a fantastic round of 37 (-17). Hutter keeps himself alive for the second half but more importantly he is now in first place Overall by a half point with only one week left. Allan now has a two-point lead for third place for the second half and he is only two-points out of second. Lefty has also gained a half-point for third place Overall giving him a 1.5 point cushion going into the last week of the season.
• In the Am/Nov field Mike “Eyeing My Competition” Ryan & Steve “Friday Nights” Rachan take the top honors by smoking the field by 3-strokes. They shot a fantastic round of 39 (-15). This was a huge win for both. Mike keeps himself alive for the second half but more importantly he clinches second place Overall. Rachan is putting his stamp on this year’s doubles league. Steve is now a point up on first place for the second half. If he wins the second half Steve would be only the third Am/Nov player to win the Triple Crown in league history. He will go down in the J-Town Doubles history book with Josh Knight (2005) and Jason Riley (2010) as one of the great and dedicated Am/Nov doubles players.
• Mike “Got Game” Cembala has other plans for the first place second half honors. Cembala is only one point out and you can bet he will be playing his ass off next week to stop all this Triple Crown talk.
• OVERALL BATTLES
if not pairedPro/Adv
Kris Hutter will battle Steve Forneris for the first place Overall trophy. Only a half point separates this battle which has been going back and forth this year. On Al Hermosillo’s favorite course he will try to keep Clayton Drake from catching him from behind. Clayton needs to win and Al needs to come in worse than third next week for a third place tie.Am/Nov
First Place - Steve Rachan
Second Place - Mike Ryan
Third Place - ?
Steve Carroll and Richard Walsh are tied for third going into the last week with only Aaron Studer having a chance to catch them. If Aaron wins next week and Carroll and Walsh place worse than third we will have a three-way tie for third and the last Overall trophy.
I’m hoping none of these guys get paired.
• 1 Week left of the Second Half!
September 24, Shorewood Park • Short Tees
• J-Town Fest 2014 is October 4!http://jtowndiscgolf.com/SMF1/index.php?topic=958.0
• Vote for the Gary Lewis Achievement Award!http://jtowndiscgolf.com/SMF1/index.php?topic=207.90
• 27th Channahon Classic is September 27 & 28! http://jtowndiscgolf.com/SMF1/index.php?topic=959.0 PLAYERS
21 PRO/ADV 25 AM/NOV TOP THREE
Hutter & Hermosillo take the top honors for the night. They end up splitting 110 bucks. We had a tie for second place with the teams shooting great rounds of 38 (-16). Clayton Drake & John Boyd win the ctp on hole 1 to take the victory. They end up splitting 66 bucks. Clayton keeps himself alive with this win. He is only 2-points out of third for the second half and he sits 1.5 points out of third for third Overall. Clayton needs to win next week to have a shot at an Overall trophy. No pressure Clayton! Jason McKinney draws Cali and takes advantage by coming in third place. He takes home 34 bucks. Jason has become spoiler by possibly wiping out TWO points for TWO players. Nice Shooting!TOP THREE
Ryan & Rachan take the top honors and take 31 bucks each. We had a tie for second with the teams shooting great rounds of 42 (-12). Jeff Kinsella & Mike Cembala win the ctp playoff and split $33. A big win for Mike. He is only one-point out of first place for the second half going into the last week of the season. Eric Frederick & Trevor Nelson take third place and split 20 bucks. CTPS
Jeff Kinsella - CTP Party Fund hole #12= $36
Jeff Kinsella- CTP Party Fund hole #13 = $36
Matt Myers - CTP Tournament Fund hole #136 = $36
Tom Matesevac - CTP CFR Disc hole #23 ACES
No Aces = $78 to start next week BIG MONEY NIGHT
Hutter & Hermosillo take the top honors and take home $55 each for the night.
Jeff Kinsella takes second place and hits two ctps. Jeff takes home $88.50 for the night.Next Week -Shorewood Park, Shorewood
4:15 REGISTRATION & 5:15 START
See you later,