WEEK 11 - June 18, 2014
First Half #11
West Park, Joliet, ILTEES
24 Holes - Short Tees - Par 72 CONDITIONS
The Temperature was in the eighties with dew points in the high 60s. A very humid night. The winds were pretty calm for most of the night. Until some of the Pro/Adv teams started finishing and a huge ass storm rolled in with ridiculous winds and down pours. Most of the AM/NOV teams still had about 3-4 holes left. Some players came in and left and the diehards either went back out after the storm or played through it. What a crazy ending to the night. This was one of the first times a big storm caught us this late in the round. Everyone came out alive!
The tee pads were already very muddy at the beginning of the round so this storm just prolonged the drying out. Usually by the middle of June West Park is turning into a dust bowl but not this year. The grounds condition reminds me of March or April. The good news is the course is cut. Overall it was a tough night. THE CURSE OF WEEK 12 LIVES! See below.NOTES
• Second Half Schedulehttp://jtowndiscgolf.com/files/League/2014%20J-TownDoubles%20Schedule2nd.pdf
• I started to work on Highland for IL State already. Here’s a long list of stuff needed to be done. If you have any time to go and work on any of these things that would be great. I will be out this weekend for a few hours. Here’s the link.http://jtowndiscgolf.com/SMF1/index.php?topic=1019.0
• In the Pro/Adv field Clayton “Southpaw” Drake & Dana “Vibram” Vicich take the first place victory outright. They shot a fantastic round of 52 (-20). Clayton jumps into a tie for third while Dana moves into a tie for fourth for the first half with their impressive victory.
• In the Am/Nov field Richard “Filthy Rich” Walsh & Shawn “Big Smooth” Story go back out after the storm in the dark to finish the round. These diehards end up shooting a great round of 57 (-15) to claim the victory.
• Only one-week left of the first half!
• Shout out to Dana Vicich for donating a Japan Open Aviar for a ctp.www.danadiscgolf.com
• Mario Guzman forgot his number one favorite disc on hole 6 when the storm rolled in. It’s a Blue 11 time Michiana Firebird. This disc is better known as Kristina. It’s Bebe’s Bebe! If anyone has seen her let us know he’s worried.
• THE CURSE OF WEEK 12 LIVES!
Although this is technically week 11 it would be week 12 on a normal year but we started a week later because of mud issues.
2014 - Huge storm almost blows us away at the end of the night.
2013 - A Derecho blew in at Channahon and we ended up canceling the night.
2012 - Temps in the mid 90s and winds in the mid 20s.
2011 - Three holes into the round at Highland a storm with tornado like winds and monsoon rains forced us to cancel for the first time in league history. Huge tree limbs were cracking like twigs. It was a miracle no was hurt.So actually next week is this year’s week 12. Stay tuned!
• IL State PDGA Pre Registration is now up.
ALL PRE-REG PLAYERS MUST CHECK-IN BY 8:45
Saturday July 19 Pro/Advhttp://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/32nd_Illinois_State_Disc_Golf_Championships_All_Pro_2014
Sunday July 20 Amshttp://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/32nd_Illinois_State_Disc_Golf_Championships_MS1_and_non_Advanced_Amateur_divisions_2014
• The J-Town One Disc Challenge will be back in August! Stay tuned for details.
• No aces = $300 Capped.
• Iron Maiden fans click link belowhttp://jtowndiscgolf.com/SMF1/index.php?topic=1017.0PLAYERS
20 PRO/ADV 34 AM/NOV TOP THREE
Vicich & Drake take the top honors for the night. They end up splitting 108 bucks. We had a tie for second with teams shooting great rounds of 53 (-19). Due to the storm the teams will playoff next week. They elected to split $92 between them. So heres’ the teams. Ryan Gremillion and Luigi Noe VS Dave Kociuba and Kris Hutter. The points matter for all four players.TOP THREE
Walsh & Story take the top honors and collect $32.50 each. Our soak and wet second place winners were Seth Keyton and Brian Espinoza. They shot a great round of 58 (-14) and take home $19 each. We had a tie for third with the teams shooting nice rounds of 59 (-13). Evan Fullerton & Tom Anderson win the ctp playoff and take third place victory. They end up splitting 28 bucks. CTPS
Jesse Saenz Jr. - CTP Party Fund hole #5= $43
John Stec- CTP Party Fund hole #10 = $43
Al Hermosillo - CTP Tournament Fund hole #16 = $39
Dan Osysko - CTP CFR Disc & Calendar hole #21
Ron Dawson- CTP Dana Vicich donated Japan Open Aviar hole #24ACES
No aces = $300 capped
Second Ace = $65 BIG MONEY NIGHT
Vicich & Drake take the top honors for the night and take home $58 each
John Stec wins a ctp. He takes home $43 for the night.Next Week -THE OAKS, MOKENA
4:30 REGISTRATION & 5:30 START
See you later,