« Last post by pooleje onYesterday at 06:54:32 AM »
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 44 11/14/16 McDonalds – 4280 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60431 Meeting called to order: 5:06 pm
Members Present: Shawn McCarthy Kristi McCarthy Ismael Ochoa Jason Poole Steve Rachan
1. Financials (see attached) ● 151 Members ● $1182 available for course projects ● Chipper rental project canceled and reserved funds have been returned to course project fund
2. Greater Joliet Bag Tags (Saturdays) • Avg 16 per week • Awards o Greater Joliet Bag Tags Points based on Scratch Score Funds to come from CTP fund
3. 2017 Ice Bowl • February 18, Trinity, non-sanctioned. • Bring your own partner, First round singles, Second round best shot • Cash payouts for all divisions • Fundraiser Raffle • Proposed Entry: o Men’s Open: $80 per team o Men’s Advanced: $60 per team o Men’s Recreational: $60 per team o Women’s Advanced: $40 per team • Tournament Director: Steve Rachan • Assistant Tournament Director: Jason Poole
3rd Annual Evergreen Park Open Sunday Oct 30, 2016 9100 S. California Evergreen Park, IL 60805 PDGA C Tier $200 added to Pro Purse Registration 8 am-9 am…Tee-off @ 9:30 All Open divisions $40 All Amateur divisions $30 All Junior divisions $20 Non PDGA ADD $ 10 Please JOIN at www.pdga.com For additional info contact: Michael Walsh (773-805-1384) email@example.com or Brian Cummings (219) 712- 6210 Brian@catalystprodjs.com Additional details to follow accordingly.
« Last post by Disc71 on September 29, 2016, 10:03:00 AM »
WEEK 26- September 28, 2016 Second Half #13 Shorewood Park, Shorewood, IL
TEES 18 Holes Par 54 Short Tees
CONDITIONS Then night started out with heavy rain and the temperature was only around 55 degrees. The rain stopped during the round and the temp had risen a couple of degrees. By the end of the night the rain turned heavy and winds started blowing out of the North at around 13mph with gusts close to 20mph. It was a typical Wednesday night this year but this one might of been one of the worst endings.
• Leo “The Dr.” Borowski and Tom “The Closer” Matesevac take the top honors by winning the playoff in the dark, windy, freezing cold, rainy conditions. They ended up shooting a very impressive 38 (-16).
• Kory “El Nino” Seddon and Dave “Garbo” Garb destroy the field by two strokes shooting an amazing 39 (-15). This was a huge win for both players. With the win Kory takes first place overall in dominating fashion. Garb also just clinched the fourth a last cash spot for the second half. That’s great shooting in the clutch
• Congratulations to David for winning Overall for the Pro/Adv Division! Dave has played great all year! Making it more impressive is that he helped run the league all year and by himself for quite a few weeks. You the man!
•Congratulations to Steve for winning First Place for the second half in the Pro/Adv Division. Rachan has come a long way in just a couple of years. Impressive!
• Congratulations to Kory Seddon for winning the Second Half! Kory has also won Overall for the Am/Nov Division. Kory has come in like a storm this year and dominated all year. El Nino!
• Congratulations Kory Seddon for hitting an ace on hole #7 which was also a money ctp.
• Don’t forget tomorrow is Fotoshop Friday! Three Stooges and a Disc Golfer!
• Shout out to Dave Kociuba for helping out again.
• J-TOWN FEST IS SATURDAY OCTOBER 29
PLAYERS 30 Players 14 PRO/ADV 16 AM/NOV
TOP THREE PRO/ADV Dr. Borowski and The Closer Matesevac take the top honors and split 90 bucks. They end up playing spoiler. Taking second place in the playoff were Al and Steve Rachan. They end up taking splitting 50 bucks. Even with missing several weeks this due to tournament travel Al has fought back and forces a third place Overall playoff with John. Now that’s impressive! Also with this second place finish Steve Rachan wins the Second Half by one point. Way to go Friday Nights! Winning the ctp playoff and taking the third spot for the night were Ryan and John. Although there wasn’t any money to be won Ryan ties for third place for the second half guaranteeing him a top four finish,
TOP THREE AM/NOV El Nino Seddon and Dave Garbo take first and split 54 bucks. We had a tie for second place with teams shooting great rounds of 41 (-13). Shawn Story and Joe Ward win the ctp playoff and take second and split 26 bucks. After missing the entire first half Shawn makes a great run for a top four second half finish. Good to see you back Joe Ward. Dan McMillin and Marc Borowski take the third spot. Sorry no cash but you guys shot a great round. Marc will be a force to reckon with in the coming years. Watch out! Good to see you back Dan McMillin
CTPS Matt Ogg - CTP Party Fund hole #1= $25 Kory Seddon - CTP Party Fund hole2 #7 = $25 Dave Kociuba- CTP Tourney Fund hole #10 = $25 Shawn Story - CTP CFR Disc hole #16
ACE Kory Seddon hits hole #7 for $28
BIG MONEY NIGHT Pro/Adv Borowski & Matesevac win and take home 46 bucks each. Am/Nov Kory Seddon wins and hits an ace on a money ctp hole. He takes home 80 bucks for the night.
PLAYOFFS! ALL PLAYOFFS WILL ONE ROUND AT A COURSE OF THE PLAYERS CHOICE THAT IS ON OUR SCHEDULE. I need all playoffs done by October 11, 2016!
FIRST HALF Ryan Gremillion and Al Hermosillo will playoff for fourth place in the Pro/Adv Division SECOND HALF Ryan Gremillion and Dave Kociuba will playoff third and fourth in the Pro/Adv Division. Al Hermosillo and John Boyd will playoff for third place Overall for the Pro/Adv Division. These should be great battles!
TIP OF THE WEEK Never let a six man group end in the woods on shortest day of league in the cold freezing rain. Damn! Come prepared when it’s raining on the course. For instance bring an umbrella!
TIP OF THE YEAR Respect one another on and off the course!
« Last post by TonyD on September 27, 2016, 03:19:48 PM »
I didn't see a post started on here yet so I thought I would take the liberty to start one. I posted this on facebook and have copied to share on here for the 2016 Shittiest Luck Award: I think that I have had shittier luck this year than last. I ruptured my meniscus in march just as I was starting to get in shape for the season. Due to the ass dragging of the doctors and insurance, I had to wait until the end of July to have my knee surgically repaired. Of course that is the best time to be golfing both in tourneys and leagues as well as just for fun. For me, it was watching it on you tube while waiting for my knee to heel. I had to drop out of every tournament I registered to play with the exception of 2: IOS: Pitner Memorial at Channahon and Illinois State Championship. After playing my best round ever at the Canyons at State, I had a realistic shot at getting my first trophy. With 6 holes left to play at Highland I slipped and fell landing on my elbow. I was pretty much done at that point dropping 9 strokes on the last 5 holes to finish 10th in novice that was the last time I played before my surgery. I had to drop the rest of the IOS, Ledgestone, Indiana State, just to name a few. I am finally heeled enough to play, to a certain limit. I cannot do stairs well yet so I cannot play Highland at all, which is heartbreaking being one of my favorite courses. I was ready to play the Channahon Classic on my birthday too 9/25......until I got pneumonia, which I am currently battling while I post this. Since the surgery, the only courses I have been able to play are Rivals in Wilmington and old smokey in Braidwood. The shittiest part about the knee injury, I had a great job that i loved so much and when I told them about having to get surgery done, after coming into work for 4 months barely able to walk and busting my ass every day, they decided that they didn't want to wait 6-8 weeks for me to return and let me go. All that i can do is keep my head up and hope for the best. I have my sights set on Echo in October. Lets hope the luck changes for the better before then, I cant take much more if the shitty.
« Last post by pooleje on September 19, 2016, 01:17:22 PM »
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 43 9/12/16 Community Park, Channahon, IL Meeting called to order: 5:12 P.M
Members Present: Sean Callahan Shawn McCarthy Jason Poole Steve Rachan
1. Financials (see attached) ● 147 Members ● $665 available for course projects
2. Handicap League • 2nd session report has been turned in and paid • Current session runs through 9/27
a. Awards • $433 Available, estimate $470 by end • 4 Spots, 3 Plaques • Budget $120 Party, $10 Perpetual, $100 Plaques, $235 Prizes (80/60/50/45)
3. Greater Joliet Bag Tags (Saturdays) • 11/5-12/31 (9 weeks) • J-Town, Basketcases, CSI, Birdie Babes • Inviting Chicagoland Disc Golf Club to join • $5 entry fee each week: $3 50/50 CTP $1 Ace Fund $1 Sanctioning • 50/50 CTP proceeds will be split evenly into each representing club
4. Course Project- Highland Park (16 Tee) • Proposed date: September 17, 2016 o Date changed to September 16, 2016 o Steve Rachan, Dean Bingham, Marco Guiterrez (and family) were present in completing the teepad
5. 2017 Ice Bowl • February 18, Trinity, non-sanctioned. • Bring your own partner, First round singles, Second round best shot • Cash payouts for all divisions • Fundraiser Raffle • Proposed Entry: o Men’s Open: $80 per team o Men’s Advanced: $60 per team o Men’s Recreational: $60 per team o Women’s Advanced: $40 per team • Tournament Director: Steve Rachan • Assistant Tournament Director: Jason Poole
6. 2017 Bag Tags a. Order • 200 Tags (1-199, extra 1), $1.75 ea • 20 more 2016 Tags (151-170), $1.75 ea • $15 Shipping • $400 total from general fund (approved 4-0)
b. Distribution • 1/7/17 at Greater Joliet Bag Tags • Any player to buy a new 2016 J-town Disc Golf Club tag after November 1st, 2016 will receive a 2017 after January 7th, 2017
c. Membership Pricing • $10 Tag and carabineer • $18 Tag, carabineer, and disc ($10 Club, $8 Ice Bowl) • Free Membership for Rewards Program = $15 off $18 membership, then $3 will go to Ice Bowl donation
7. West Park • No reply from Army Core of Engineers • Plan redesigns over winter, give West Park a facelift Spring/Summer 2017 • Continue searching for information on West Park’s future outside of the disc golf course • Our priority is to redesign West Park to be safe, playable, and long lasting
8. Open Q&A • We received 5 old Ice Bowl discs for our 2016 Ice Bowl total. Add to next year’s Ice Bowl raffle • Gary does not plan to move pin placements at Highland this year. • Add a new sleeve to Hole 5 at Highland near old pin placement (compliment Hole 6’s alternate pin placement) • Use of Club’s baskets at Heritage Park October 22nd and 23rd, 2016 approved o Shawn Mccarthy : 3 baskets, Dean Bingham: 1 basket Thor : 4 baskets for the event • Cancel approved woodchip rental project at Highland ($550 Club Enhancement Fund)
« Last post by throwinrocs on September 16, 2016, 08:23:36 AM »
Unfortunately glow leagues will have to be postponed/cancelled until further notice. Adam Brkovic has informed me that he will not be able to commit to helping out this year, and with my work schedule it will be nearly impossible without having another body there to help me out every Friday, or to take on my responsibilities on some Fridays I could not be there. I'm truly sorry to get everyone's hopes up for this season only to be let down. I'm working on finding someone else to help me out but it's not looking promising. I will let everyone know the word if I am able to start leagues back up at a later date. So until further notice, lights After dark is cancelled.
« Last post by Disc71 on September 15, 2016, 12:33:23 PM »
WEEK 24- September 14, 2016 Second Half #11 West Park, Joliet, IL
TEES 18 Holes Par 54 Holes 1-5 and 12-24 short tees
CONDITIONS The night started out with a very pleasant 73 degrees. The sky was clear and the winds were out of the NE at around 10 mph. The temp dropped to a very nice 68 degrees by the end of the night. The course was dry and played well. It was a perfect night for disc golf.
• Steve “Fern” Forneris and Kris “Big Hutt” Hutter take the top spot by destroying the field by two strokes. They ended up shooting a fantastic round of 38 (-16). With this win they both make huge moves to grab one of the top fours spots for the second half. With only two weeks left it should be a great finish.
• Matt “Riphizer” Ogg & Scott “The Gambler” Dietz win the playoff with a great Ogg putt to seal the deal. They end up shooting a great round of 42 (-12) and take the first place victory.
• Don’t forget tomorrow is Fotoshop Friday! The Original Spice Girls are coming to town.
• Shout out to Dave Kociuba for helping out again.
• Thanks David Jumpy Hopkins for bringing your basket for hole 23.
TOP THREE PRO/ADV Fern and Hutt take the top honors and split 104 bucks. Kevin Macuiba and Izak McDonald shoot a great round of 40 (-14) and take second place alone and split 58 bucks. Kevin increases his second half lead while Imac creeps toward a top four finish. Kevin also keeps himself alive in the overall standings. We had a tie for third with the teams shooting great rounds of 41 (-13). Steve Rachan & John Dale win the ctp playoff on hole #1 and take third place and split $28. Rachan now moves into a tie for second place for the second half.
TOP THREE AM/NOV Riphizer Ogg & The Gambler Dietz take first and split 54 bucks. Ron Dawson and Dave Garb take the second spot in the three way playoff for first and take home 13 bucks each. Garb closes in a top four finish for the second half. Dawson creeps up in the overall standings and needs to finish the last two weeks with a couple of big wins. Dustin Vilt and Kory Seddon take the third spot and split 15 bucks. Kory extends his second half lead by five points going into the final two weeks and he takes a half point lead in the overall standings. A lot of old fashion thrash talking going with only two Wednesdays left of the year.
CTPS Randy Bruemmer - CTP Party Fund hole #2= $34 John Dale - CTP Party Fund hole2 #13 = $34 Kris Hutter - CTP Tourney Fund hole #24 = $34 Dean Bingham - CTP CFR Disc hole #23
ACE No Aces = $136
BIG MONEY NIGHT Pro/Adv Kris Hutter wins and takes a ctp. He takes home $86 for the night. Am/Nov Ogg and Dietz win and take home 27 bucks each for the night.
TIP OF THE WEEK Sign up for the 29th Channahon Classic!
TIP OF THE YEAR Respect one another on and off the course!
Next Week -Community Park, Channahon DON’T FORGET 4:15 REGISTRATION AND 5:15 START!!