« Last post by Disc71 on April 05, 2016, 11:50:06 AM »
Don't forget tomorrow April 6 starts the new season at West Park. Registration starts at 4:15 and tee off is 5:15. Be there early to gurantee a spot. Call early if you're running late. Our numbers are on the flyer. See you soon!
« Last post by bangham on March 24, 2016, 11:37:57 PM »
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 40 3/14/16 McDonalds – 4280 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60431 Meeting called to order: 5:07 PM
Members Present: Dean Bingham Shawn McCarthy Jason Poole Steve Rachan
1) Financials (see attached) ● 82 Members ● $1250 available for course projects ● Approved 4-0
2) Saturday Bag Tags • Second session complete and PDGA reporting complete • $222 Ace pot to roll over to next fall
3) 2016 Ice Bowl • $2736 Raised and paid to The Salvation Army • 72 players
4) Discontinuum Club Challenge • 4/9/16, Lemon Lake • 3 Divisions (945+, 900-944, 899-) • Captain: Dave Kociuba, Co: Dean Bingham • 14 players per division (11 based on rating, 3 captain picks) • Club will cover any entry fees/gate fees for J-Town Players • Club will donate 3 discs and 3 memberships
5) Handicap League • 3 Sanctioned seasons (4/5-5/31, 6/7-7/26, 8/2-9/27) • First season has been paid. • Jason Poole TD, Brad McCarthy Asst.
6) Elections • Nominations: 3/14/16-4/8/16 a. President: Dave Kociuba (A), Jesse Saenz (?) b. Vice President: Steve Rachan (A) c. Treasurer: Jason Poole (A) d. Secretary: Dean Bingham (A) e. Member Advocate: Shawn McCarthy (A), Sean Callahan (?) • Voting: 4/19/16-5/9/16 • Ballets to be counted at the 5/9/16 Club Meeting • Officers take their positions on 6/1/16
7) Open Q&A a. 3/26/16 Basket Swap at Highland #15-#12 8:00 AM b. Organizing for concrete tee pad #16 at Highland for sometime in April c. Club will order another batch of carabineers d. Up to $500 Allowance for Highland Clean-up, Approved 4-0
« Last post by bangham on March 24, 2016, 10:42:54 PM »
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 39 1/11/16 McDonalds – 4280 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60431 Meeting called to order: 5:00 PM
Members Present: Dean Bingham Dave Kociuba Shawn McCarthy Jason Poole Steve Rachan
1) Financials (see attached) ● 15 Members ● $1188.77 available for course projects ● Approved 5-0
2) Saturday Bag Tags • First session complete and PDGA reporting complete • Second session to run from 1/9/16 to 3/12/16 • Optional sanctioned first round at the Ice Bowl
3) 2016 Ice Bowl • 2/20, Trinity Links, Dave K TD, Jason Poole Asst TD • Bring your own partner double, rd 1 short tees combined score, rd 2 short tee best shot doubles • Charity: The Salvation Army
4) Bag Raffle benefiting the Dan O memorial fund • Raised $305
5) Member Reward Program • See attached stats • Changed reward wording to reflect new membership pricing “Free J-Town Disc Golf Club Membership” has been changed to “$15 off next year’s J-Town Disc Golf Club Membership”
6) Course Projects • Shawn McCarthy
7) Open Q&A a. PDGA Affiliate discount code: 16JTOWNTVSAFF b. 2015 Member of the Year Award
« Last post by pooleje on March 18, 2016, 07:53:17 AM »
Please take this time to nominate a J-Town Disc Golf club member for the following positions.
President Vice-President Secretary Treasurer Member Advocate
Individual Board position descriptions are listed below:
1. President a. The President shall chair meetings and special sessions of the Board of Directors. The Secretary and Treasurer shall report to the President. The President participates in the nominating of, and approves, all Staff nominations. b. The President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. President checks and confirms all public communications (monthly newsletters, club flyers, press releases, etc.) before release. c. The President shall have access to the Club’s bank account(s) and other investments, if any, with the expressed approval of the Treasurer.
2. Vice-President a. The Vice President shall chair the Staff-based Operations Team, acting as team leader. b. The Vice President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. The Vice President shall assist the President as needed. c. Any teams or committees created by the Board of Directors shall be managed by the Vice President (or by a delegate appointed by the Vice President if approved by the rest of the Board). d. In the event of the President’s absence, the Vice President shall chair Club meetings.
3. Secretary a. The Secretary shall be responsible for much of the communication of information within the structure of the Club. b. The Secretary shall record and disseminate the agenda, minutes, and notes from monthly and other Club meetings. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to respond to public inquiries, answer appropriate Club email, or forward such communication to the President. c. By nature of the position, the Secretary will need to work closely with the Webmaster or Assistant Webmaster in the combined goal of maintaining clear and consistent communication within the Club and in the eyes of the public. d. The Secretary shall chair Club meetings in the President and Vice President’s absence.
4. Treasurer a. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the financial integrity of the Club. The Treasurer maintains all accounts payable, accounts receivable, sponsorship donations, and other Club investments. b. The Treasurer shall give a comprehensive financial status report at the Club meetings. c. The Treasurer is responsible for filing all appropriate State of Illinois and Federal taxes and fees.
5. Member Advocate a. The Member Advocate is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship between the Board of Directors and the general membership. b. The Member Advocate shall talk with members to come up with member concerns and desired changes in a more informal setting than the general membership meetings. These topics will then be presented at meetings on the member’s behalf, anonymously if desired.
« Last post by Mcfrolfer on March 18, 2016, 07:53:02 AM »
Howdy all. On Saturday, March 26th 2016, there will be some work going on at Highland. The rough plan for the day is to REMOVE the basket for 12, then replace it with the basket from 15. A sleeve will then be installed for a NEW position and NEW basket on 15. This is a fairly labor intensive task and any help throughout the day would be greatly appreciated. We have some tools but bringing your own is suggested. We will mainly need shovels and rakes, maybe a wheelbarrow or 2. So far it is me, Jason Poole and Gary Lewis for the work crew. We will be out there early so if you have some free time pop on by =).
« Last post by pooleje on March 08, 2016, 10:46:40 AM »
Where:Lemon Lake County Park, Crown Point, IN When: 4/9/15 Check-in will be 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM. Tee-off will be right around 9:45 AM (Subject to change) Cost: Free (J-Town Disc Golf Club will cover any fees for J-Town players) Who: Clubs will include Basket Cases, DISContinuum, Fox Valley, J-Town, and Union. (Subject to additions)
J-Town Disc Golf Club is looking for club members to commit to this event. Format will be 2 rounds of singles. Members will be divided into 3 division (945+, 900-944, and 899-). Best 5 finishing positions for each division per round will count towards the club total. Lowest club total wins.
Field limited to 14 members for each division from each club. J-Town will decide our roster based on the following: 11 spots will go to the highest rated sign-ups, the other 3 spots in each division will be Captain's choice. Dave Kociuba will be the Captain for J-Town Disc Golf Club this year.
Please reply to this post (PDGA #, Name, and Rating) if you want to represent the J-Town Disc Golf Club. I will periodically update this post with our roster. You will need to be a club member to play (we will have memberships available at the event).