I just received word that the Watermelon Proxy's are ready. I am ordering them on Monday. We will have 100 of this limited run disc available, and all proceed earned from their sale will go into the First Flight tournament.
They are $24.99 each. If you need them shipped, their is an additional $2.50 for shipping.
2. Vice-President Frank Grimes (?) Anthony Rodriguez (?) Tom Matesevac (?) Jesse Saenz (?)
3. Secretary Dean Bingham (A)
4. Treasurer Jason Poole (A)
5. Member Advocate Anthony Rodriguez (?) Tom Matesevac (?)
After giving it more thought, I decline nomination for vice president. I like what Dave K. is doing. One example is an unsanctioned Ice Bowl. I suggested that a couple of years ago. He has respect from our Disc Golf community & seems to be trying us together.
« Last post by pooleje on March 16, 2015, 05:39:23 AM »
Please take this time to nominate a J-Town Disc Golf club member for the following positions.
President Vice-President Secretary Treasurer Member Advocate
Individual Board position descriptions are listed below:
1. President a. The President shall chair meetings and special sessions of the Board of Directors. The Secretary and Treasurer shall report to the President. The President participates in the nominating of, and approves, all Staff nominations. b. The President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. President checks and confirms all public communications (monthly newsletters, club flyers, press releases, etc.) before release. c. The President shall have access to the Clubís bank account(s) and other investments, if any, with the expressed approval of the Treasurer.
2. Vice-President a. The Vice President shall chair the Staff-based Operations Team, acting as team leader. b. The Vice President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. The Vice President shall assist the President as needed. c. Any teams or committees created by the Board of Directors shall be managed by the Vice President (or by a delegate appointed by the Vice President if approved by the rest of the Board). d. In the event of the Presidentís absence, the Vice President shall chair Club meetings.
3. Secretary a. The Secretary shall be responsible for much of the communication of information within the structure of the Club. b. The Secretary shall record and disseminate the agenda, minutes, and notes from monthly and other Club meetings. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to respond to public inquiries, answer appropriate Club email, or forward such communication to the President. c. By nature of the position, the Secretary will need to work closely with the Webmaster or Assistant Webmaster in the combined goal of maintaining clear and consistent communication within the Club and in the eyes of the public. d. The Secretary shall chair Club meetings in the President and Vice Presidentís absence.
4. Treasurer a. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the financial integrity of the Club. The Treasurer maintains all accounts payable, accounts receivable, sponsorship donations, and other Club investments. b. The Treasurer shall give a comprehensive financial status report at the Club meetings. c. The Treasurer is responsible for filing all appropriate State of Illinois and Federal taxes and fees.
5. Member Advocate a. The Member Advocate is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship between the Board of Directors and the general membership. b. The Member Advocate shall talk with members to come up with member concerns and desired changes in a more informal setting than the general membership meetings. These topics will then be presented at meetings on the memberís behalf, anonymously if desired.
« Last post by bangham on March 15, 2015, 07:47:30 PM »
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 34 3/9/15 McDonalds- 4280 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60431 Meeting called to order: 5:00 PM
Members Present: Dean Bingham Frank Grimes Dave Kociuba Kristi McCarthy Shawn McCarthy Jason Poole Mike Flynn
1) Financials (see attached) ● 59 Members ● $1141.34 available for course projects ● Approved
2) Bag Tags ● Winter League report has been submitted and paid. ● Jason will donate the Plaques to the top finishers ● No Bag Tags until the fall unless someone is willing to run them ● $214 Ace pot to roll into Handicap League
3) Handicap League ● 1st session has been sanctioned to run from 3/31-5/26 ● 2nd session will be from 6/2-7/28 ● 3rd session will be from 8/4-9/29
4) Ledgestone Insurance Open Sponsorship ● Vote Fails 2-2
5) Trilogy Challenge ● To be discussed at a future meeting.
6) Facebook Management ● Dave K. will be assuming responsibilities of the Club’s Facebook and social media
7) 2015 Ice Bowl Recap ● 37 Players ● Approx. $6,000 Donated ● 89 lbs of Food Donated ● 2016 may bring a new format for J-Town’s Ice Bowl
8 ) Discontinuum Club Challenge ● 4/4/15 at Lemon Lake ● Dave Kociuba will be Captain for J-Town ● J-Town will cover any entry fees/gate fees for J-Town Players ● 13 players per division, 10 selected by rating, 3 by captains pick
9) Elections a. Timeline ● Nominations open 3/9/15-4/13/15 ● Voting open 4/14/15-5/11/15 ● Ballets to be counted and made official at the 5/11/15 meeting. ● Officers take their positions on 6/1/15
b. Nominations ● President: Dave Kocuiba (accepted) ● Vice President: Frank Grimes, Anthony Rodriguez, Tom Matesevac ● Treasurer: Jason Poole (accepted) ● Secretary: Dean Bingham (accepted) ● Member Advocate: Anthony Rodriguez, Tom Matesevac
10) Open Q&A • Mike Flynn Proposal: Renting a chipper for Highland • $500 allowance + 10% cushion, approved 4-0 • Mike will follow-up with more info and dates
« Last post by kentastik on March 14, 2015, 09:22:29 AM »
I left a pair of grey/charcoal muddy hiking pants in the parking lot at Channahon on Wednesday. There is a sentimental mini in the pocket that I want back, I don't really care about the pants so much.
I heard they were found and hung by hole #1, but when I got there yesterday (Friday) morning they were no where to be found. I checked with the park district and looked in all the garbages but with no luck. If anyone has any info, please let me know. I just want that mini back.
« Last post by pooleje on March 04, 2015, 08:57:19 AM »
Have you ever wanted to play the USDGC but couldnít get an invite? Have you ever wanted to play Winthrop Gold or at least a similarly set up course but donít want to travel all the way to SC? Hereís your chance. Weíve re-designed Mokenaís 27 hole course into 18 holes, added 2 temporary holes and laid out over 6800 feet of rope. The result, a 20 hole, 8792 foot, par 69 challenge. In addition, we are going to determine who will represent IL in this yearís USDGC Performance Flight.
Eagle/Ace Fund: $5 (Optional) *Ace Fund pays out for all aces plus any 2s on 1,3,4,8,12,16,or 18 50/50 CTP: $5 (Optional) * 50% of the CTP fund will go towards the USDGC spot winnerís entry and travel expenses.
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00