« Last post by Disc71 on August 23, 2016, 08:07:23 AM »
WEEK 20 - August 17, 2016 Second Half #7 Dellwood Park, Lockport, IL
TEES 18 Holes, 1-18 No New Holes, Par 54 White Tees
CONDITIONS Another hot and humid night, but a great night for disc golf.
• Dave “The Pres” Kociuba and Nick “Stone Cold” Austin easily whip the pro/adv divisions ass by two strokes. They end up shooting a amazing round of 40 (-14) and take the victory.
• Kory “El Nino” Seddon and Ken “The Big Hurt” Hausser tied for first and win the big playoff to capture first. They end up shooting a great round of 45(-9).
• Don’t forget tomorrow is Fotoshop Friday! Who you voting for!
• Congratulations to Mick McGowan and Kris Hutter on hitting back to back aces on the same hole (#10) on the same card. They had different partners
• Good luck to everyone going to Ledgestone.
• The Pres jumps into first place overall in pro/adv division after a big win.
• El Nino moves into first place in the overall am/nov division by winning and because Jumpy was a no show.
REUNION YEAR Welcome Back: Bob Walsh Shae Gans
PLAYERS 44 Players 17 PRO/ADV 27 AM/NOV
TOP THREE PRO/ADV The Pres Kociuba and Stone Cold Austin take the top honors and split 95 bucks. We had a three way tie for second with the teams shooting great rounds of 42 (-12). Anthony Rodriguez and John Dale end up winning the ctp playoff and take second and they end up splitting $55. Ryan Gremillion & Kris Hutter end up in third and split 20 bucks.
TOP THREE AM/NOV El Nino Seddon and The Big Hurt Hausser take first and split 64 bucks. Shawn Story draws Cali and takes second place shooting a great round of (45-9). Scott Dietz and Chad Benavidez take third by winning the ctp playoff. They shot a nice round of 46 (-8) and split 22 bucks
CTPS Jon Vargo - CTP Party Fund hole #1= $37 Kris Hutter & Mick McGowan - CTP Party Fund hole2 #10 = $35 Kory Seddon - CTP Tourney Fund hole #14 = $36 Scott Dietz - CTP CFR Disc hole #15
« Last post by Disc71 on August 16, 2016, 07:26:54 AM »
WEEK 19 - August 10, 2016 Second Half #6 Trinity Links, Lockport, IL
TEES 18 Holes Par 54 Short Tees
CONDITIONS The night started out at around 88 degrees with the dew point in the high sixties and the wind coming in from the SSW at around 7mph. Temps came down by the end of the night to around 78 degrees but the dew point remained high. It was a muggy night but a great night for disc golf.
NOTES • Trinity Links has come a long way these last few years. A huge THANK YOU goes out to all the guys who have busted their ass working on this course. There’s been a lot of blood, sweat, tears and heart put into making this course great. I’m just glad to say it’s one of our home courses.
• Once again The Swamps of Trinity ate many discs, but at least no one fell in this time. The rakes definitely got a workout.
• Thanks guys for letting us use the Trinity Links club house for registration. It was nice to stay in a cooled area when it’s brutal out.
• Team Cortisone comes up with a huge win in the Pro/Adv division. Steve “Fern” Forneris and Kris “Big Hutt” Hutter completely annihilate the field by a massive four strokes. They shot an incredible round of -38 (-16) to easily take the win. These guys have both missed extensive amount of time this year due to injury but last they couldn’t miss. This might be a course record.
• Chris “Topher” Roberts & Marc “Markie” Borowski shoot an incredible round of 42 (-12) to claim the first place finish in the Am/Nov division. These guys were on fire from the start.
• Don’t forget tomorrow is Fotoshop Friday! The Olympic Weightlifters Struggle!
• Shout out to Justin Duckmanton for donating a Destroyer for a ctp. Whoever won the disc it is at the Trinity Shed. The Ctp was left out and Leo is checking today to see who one.
• Shout to the taco lady for feeding us!
• Shout out to Scott Coyne on his ace on hole #1 which was worth $270 and it was also a $42 ctp hole.
REUNION YEAR Welcome back Shae Gans!
PLAYERS 46 Players 19 PRO/ADV 27 AM/NOV
TOP THREE PRO/ADV Fern & Hutt take the top honors and split 104 bucks. We had a tie for second with the teams shooting nice rounds of 42 (-12) John Boyd & Chris Sirota win the ctp playoff on hole #1 and take second. They end up splitting 58 bucks. Anthony Rodriguez & Dave Kociuba take third and split 28 bucks.
TOP THREE AM/NOV Topher Roberts & Markie Borowski take first and split 64 bucks. Kurtis Simonich & Dominic Galvan take third shooting a great round of 43 (-11) and they split 35 bucks. We had tie for third with the teams shooting nice rounds of 45 (-9). Cali Greg Frederick wins the ctp playoff on hole #1 and takes home 22 bucks
CTPS Scott Coyne - CTP Party Fund hole #1= $42 Chris Sirota - CTP Party Fund hole2 #14 = $40 Joe Ward - CTP Tourney Fund hole #16 = $40 Dylan Frederick - CTP CFR Disc hole #6 ? - CTP Justin Duckmanton Sponsor Disc hole #11
ACE Scott Coyne Aced Hole #1 = $270
BIG MONEY NIGHT Pro/Adv Scott Coyne hits an ace on a ctp hole and take home $312 for the night! Am/Nov Joe Ward hits a ctp and takes home $40 for the night!
TIP OF THE WEEK Don’t miss out on points there’s only a few weeks left!
« Last post by pooleje on August 09, 2016, 07:05:22 AM »
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 42 7/11/16 Community Park, Channahon, IL Meeting called to order: 5:01 PM
Members Present: Sean Callahan Dave Kociuba Shawn McCarthy Jason Poole
1. Financials (see attached) ● 130 Members ● $257 available for course projects ● Approved 3-0
2. Handicap League • 2nd session averaging 19 players/week • Current session runs through 7/26 • 3rd Session will run from 8/2-9/27 (9 Weeks)
3. Course Project- Highland Park (16 Tee) • Proposed date of 8/6 will not work due to officers not being available. • To be discussed at the September club meeting.
4. Course Project- Signs for Dellwood • Final cost $707 from J-Town DGC, $60 from Steve Rachan, and the park district covered the rest for 30 new tee signs. • Signs have been installed.
5. J-Town Invitational • 7/17 at Dellwood • Sean Callahan has reserved the pavilion • Jason Poole TD • 4 Divisions: Open, Adv, Adv Women, and Rec
6. West Park • Sean Callahan to contact Army Corps of Engineers and will report back about any impacts to the current layout before planning begins for any changes.
7. Open Q&A • Sean Callahan to contact Shorewood Park District in regard to a down tree on hole 11 at Shorewood Park • Jason Poole to talk to Gary about the plans for changing pin placements at Highland
« Last post by Disc71 on August 06, 2016, 10:37:48 AM »
WEEK 18 - August 3, 2016 Second Half #5 West Park, Joliet, IL
TEES Long Tees 24 Holes Par 72
CONDITIONS Hot and Humid!
• Kevin “Kid K” Macuiba & Steve “Friday Nights” Rachan easily handle pro/adv division by shooting a great round of 54(-18) from the long tees.
• Kurtis “Ponyboy Kurtis” Simonich & David “Jumpy” Hopkins take care of business in the am/nov division shooting a fantastic round of 58 (-14) from the long tees
• Don’t forget tomorrow is Fotoshop Friday! Just added to the J-Town Fest line-up is the Freaky Am Show.
• Shout out to Dave Hopkins for bringing his basket for hole #23.
• Shout to Aaron Studer for letting us use his table. I forgot mine.
• Shout to the Ams for winning all the ctps last night!
REUNION YEAR Welcome back Mike Ryan!
PLAYERS 41 Players 14 PRO/ADV 27 AM/NOV
TOP THREE PRO/ADV Kid K Macuiba & Friday Nights Rachan take the top honors and split 90 bucks. Thomas Ryan & Joseph Boroski take second place shooting a fantastic round of 55 (-17). They end up splitting 50 bucks. Taking third and adding a huge extra point to their totals were Brian Kevish & Jonathan Klein. That a great round of 57 (-15).
TOP THREE AM/NOV Ponyboy Simonich and Jumpy Hopkins take first and split 64 bucks. Aaron Studer & Dominic Galvan take third shooting a great round of 59 (-13) and split 35 bucks. We had three-way tie for third with the teams shooting nice rounds of 60 (-12). Michael Ryan & Shawn Fagerstone-Story win the ctp on hole #1 and take third. They end up splitting 22 bucks.
CTPS Ken Hausser - CTP Party Fund hole #1= $35 Pete Wilson - CTP Party Fund hole2 #3 = $35 Ron Dawson - CTP Tourney Fund hole #19 = $35 Dylan Frederick - CTP CFR Disc hole #23
ACE No Aces = $225 to start next week
BIG MONEY NIGHT Pro/Adv Rachan and Macuiba take first place and take home $45 each Am/Nov Simonich & Hopkins take first place and take home $32 each
TIP OF THE WEEK Don’t miss next week because the ace fund starts at $225!
« Last post by pooleje on July 06, 2016, 09:25:08 AM »
Have you ever wanted to play a course set up like Winthrop Gold but don’t want to travel all the way to SC? Here’s your chance. We’ve re-designed Mokena’s 27 hole course into 18 holes and laid out over 5100 feet of rope. The result, an 18 hole, 7738 foot, par 61 challenge.
Eagle/Ace Fund: $2 (Optional) *Ace Fund pays out for all aces plus any 2s on 1,3,4,8,12,16 50/50 CTP: $3 (Optional) * 50% of the CTP fund will go towards the J-Town Disc Golf Club Enhancement Fund (Course Fund)
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00
Ace Fund: $2 (Optional) 50/50 CTP: $3 (Optional) 50% goes to the Club Enhancement Fund
Field limited to 90 players. So preregister by posting below or contact any officer.
This tournament is just a perk of the club, as well as a huge thank you for being a member!! We are playing for ratings and PDGA points. The club will cover the PDGA’s tournament fees. 100% cash payout to Open division. There will be no prizes, just FUN, points, and ratings. There will be trophies for 1st place in each division. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.