« Last post by pooleje on August 09, 2016, 07:05:22 AM »
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 42 7/11/16 Community Park, Channahon, IL Meeting called to order: 5:01 PM
Members Present: Sean Callahan Dave Kociuba Shawn McCarthy Jason Poole
1. Financials (see attached) ● 130 Members ● $257 available for course projects ● Approved 3-0
2. Handicap League • 2nd session averaging 19 players/week • Current session runs through 7/26 • 3rd Session will run from 8/2-9/27 (9 Weeks)
3. Course Project- Highland Park (16 Tee) • Proposed date of 8/6 will not work due to officers not being available. • To be discussed at the September club meeting.
4. Course Project- Signs for Dellwood • Final cost $707 from J-Town DGC, $60 from Steve Rachan, and the park district covered the rest for 30 new tee signs. • Signs have been installed.
5. J-Town Invitational • 7/17 at Dellwood • Sean Callahan has reserved the pavilion • Jason Poole TD • 4 Divisions: Open, Adv, Adv Women, and Rec
6. West Park • Sean Callahan to contact Army Corps of Engineers and will report back about any impacts to the current layout before planning begins for any changes.
7. Open Q&A • Sean Callahan to contact Shorewood Park District in regard to a down tree on hole 11 at Shorewood Park • Jason Poole to talk to Gary about the plans for changing pin placements at Highland
« Last post by Disc71 on August 06, 2016, 10:37:48 AM »
WEEK 18 - August 3, 2016 Second Half #5 West Park, Joliet, IL
TEES Long Tees 24 Holes Par 72
CONDITIONS Hot and Humid!
• Kevin “Kid K” Macuiba & Steve “Friday Nights” Rachan easily handle pro/adv division by shooting a great round of 54(-18) from the long tees.
• Kurtis “Ponyboy Kurtis” Simonich & David “Jumpy” Hopkins take care of business in the am/nov division shooting a fantastic round of 58 (-14) from the long tees
• Don’t forget tomorrow is Fotoshop Friday! Just added to the J-Town Fest line-up is the Freaky Am Show.
• Shout out to Dave Hopkins for bringing his basket for hole #23.
• Shout to Aaron Studer for letting us use his table. I forgot mine.
• Shout to the Ams for winning all the ctps last night!
REUNION YEAR Welcome back Mike Ryan!
PLAYERS 41 Players 14 PRO/ADV 27 AM/NOV
TOP THREE PRO/ADV Kid K Macuiba & Friday Nights Rachan take the top honors and split 90 bucks. Thomas Ryan & Joseph Boroski take second place shooting a fantastic round of 55 (-17). They end up splitting 50 bucks. Taking third and adding a huge extra point to their totals were Brian Kevish & Jonathan Klein. That a great round of 57 (-15).
TOP THREE AM/NOV Ponyboy Simonich and Jumpy Hopkins take first and split 64 bucks. Aaron Studer & Dominic Galvan take third shooting a great round of 59 (-13) and split 35 bucks. We had three-way tie for third with the teams shooting nice rounds of 60 (-12). Michael Ryan & Shawn Fagerstone-Story win the ctp on hole #1 and take third. They end up splitting 22 bucks.
CTPS Ken Hausser - CTP Party Fund hole #1= $35 Pete Wilson - CTP Party Fund hole2 #3 = $35 Ron Dawson - CTP Tourney Fund hole #19 = $35 Dylan Frederick - CTP CFR Disc hole #23
ACE No Aces = $225 to start next week
BIG MONEY NIGHT Pro/Adv Rachan and Macuiba take first place and take home $45 each Am/Nov Simonich & Hopkins take first place and take home $32 each
TIP OF THE WEEK Don’t miss next week because the ace fund starts at $225!
« Last post by pooleje on July 06, 2016, 09:25:08 AM »
Have you ever wanted to play a course set up like Winthrop Gold but don’t want to travel all the way to SC? Here’s your chance. We’ve re-designed Mokena’s 27 hole course into 18 holes and laid out over 5100 feet of rope. The result, an 18 hole, 7738 foot, par 61 challenge.
Eagle/Ace Fund: $2 (Optional) *Ace Fund pays out for all aces plus any 2s on 1,3,4,8,12,16 50/50 CTP: $3 (Optional) * 50% of the CTP fund will go towards the J-Town Disc Golf Club Enhancement Fund (Course Fund)
Registration: 7:30 - 8:30 Players Meeting: 8:45 First Round Tee Time: 9:00
Ace Fund: $2 (Optional) 50/50 CTP: $3 (Optional) 50% goes to the Club Enhancement Fund
Field limited to 90 players. So preregister by posting below or contact any officer.
This tournament is just a perk of the club, as well as a huge thank you for being a member!! We are playing for ratings and PDGA points. The club will cover the PDGA’s tournament fees. 100% cash payout to Open division. There will be no prizes, just FUN, points, and ratings. There will be trophies for 1st place in each division. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
« Last post by Disc71 on June 16, 2016, 11:03:06 AM »
WEEK 11 - June 15, 2016 First Half #1 The Canyons, Dellwood Park, Lockport
TEES White Tees Holes 1-12 including the new holes 18 Holes Par 54
CONDITIONS The night started out and ended hot and humid. The temps stayed in the high 80 to low 90s the whole night. The dew point was & humidity levels where very high making a tough night. But the skies where clear and winds weren’t crazy.
NOTES • Thank you Dave Kociuba for keeping the league running smoothly.
• Jimmy “Jimmy Mac” McDonald and Dave “The Pres” Kociuba put an old fashion ass whipping on the pro/adv field easily winning by 3-strokes. They shot an amazing round of 41 (-13) by hitting almost every putt they faced.
• Dave “Jumpy” Hopkins and Kory “El Nino” Seddon take care of business in the Am/Nov division by shooting a great round of 46 (-8). These guys keep pace for a top 4 first half finish
• Shout out to John Boyd for stopping and picking up a case of water. C’mon Dave!
• Am Cali are you cooled off yet! Stop whining and have a Snickers.
•Don’t forget tomorrow is Fotoshop Friday. For the first time we introduce, “The Most Interesting Disc Golfer In The World”
PLAYERS 43 Players 20 PRO/ADV 23 AM/NOV
TOP THREE PRO/ADV Jimmy Mac & The Pres Kociuba take the top honors. They end up splitting 108 bucks and add a big four points to their totals. We had a three way tie for second with teams shooting nice rounds of 44 (-10). John Boyd & Kevin Macuiba take second place by winning the ctp playoff on hole #13. They end up splitting $62. Clayton Drake & Imac take third and split $32.
TOP THREE AM/NOV Jumpy Hopkins & El Nino Seddon take first and split $62. We had a tie for second with the teams shooting very nice rounds of 47 (-7). Chris Roberts & Matt Roberts take second and split $33. Shawn Story & Kurtis Simonich take third and split 20 bucks.
CTPS Dominic Galvan - CTP Party Fund hole #1= $40 Chris Roberts - CTP Party Fund hole2 #2 = $40 Kurtis Simonich - CTP Tourney Fund hole #5 = $40 Randy Bruemmer - CTP CFR Disc hole #10
ACE Dominic Galvan Aces Hole #1 = $41
BIG MONEY NIGHT Pro/Adv Jimmy Mac and Dave Kociuba win and take home $54 each Am/Nov Dominic Galvan hits an ace on a ctp hole and takes home $81
TIP OF THE WEEK Just because you miss 3 weeks it’s no excuse not to bring drinks. Especially when it’s 90 degrees out
Next Week -Trinity Links, Lockport DON’T FORGET 4:30 REGISTRATION AND 5:30 START!!