« Last post by jflick on November 12, 2013, 11:11:25 AM »
Plastic Addicts presents a unique and fun doubles experience. The first two rounds of 12 will be best shot doubles (bring your own partner). The last round will be doubles as well but playing for skins.
Between rounds I will be deep frying two turkeys and we will be having a potluck Thanksgiving Feast! I usually use peanut oil to fry them so anyone with ALLERGIES please let me know ahead of time.
The entry fee is $20 per person and 1 covered dish per team. There will be a $3 ace and $2 50/50 optional fee.
« Last post by pooleje on November 12, 2013, 05:47:21 AM »
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 26 11/11/13 5:00 PM McDonalds- 4280 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60431 Meeting called to order: 5:00 PM
Members Present: Dean Bingham Frank Grimes Jason Poole Aaron Studer
1) Financials (see attached) • $682.34 Available for projects • 17 Members qualify for merchandise discount prices. (>1000 Points)
2) Handicap Singles League • 2013 (Prizes $300, Perpetual $9.38, Trophies $50, Party $175) • $2.42 left in Prize/Party will roll over to next year’s league • $68 left in Ace pot will roll over to next year
3) Mid-Season League Changes • No rule changes mid-season. • Any changes must be put on the agenda for a vote at a club meeting. • Motion to add League Change rules passes 4-0
4) Saturday Bag Tags • Avg 15 per week • CTP has raised $474 for the 2014 Ice Bowl
5) Ice Bowl a) 2013 Prize o Gateway Wizzard’s to be priced at $10 (25 Available) o Mini’s to be prices at $2 each or $3 for a nested set. (100 Available) o Motion to set pricing passes 4-0. o All proceeds go to the Ice Bowl fund. Motion passes 3-1.
b) 2014 o Date of 2/8/14 approved by the State Coordinator o Frank to get the date approved by the Channahon Park District. o Jason will get sanctioning, CEP, and IceBowlHQ set up.
6) 2014 Club Invitational • Looking at the dates of 8/9 or 7/19 • Dellwood park if available, Lockport will be the alternate. • Jason Poole-TD, Frank Grimes-Assistant TD
7) Open Q&A • Request for logo use for the Vibram Birdie Bash, date tba. Motion passes 3-0
What a night for disc golf eh? 11 hearty souls turned out to play in 22mph winds! The wind didn't let up thru the whole round. It started out in the upper 40s and ended around 45 degrees or so. Plenty of unintentional rollers were thrown....lol. Everyone who came out is a true disc golf warrior!
We also had a Dean Bingham spotting! Thanks for coming out Dean, it's been too long since I've seen or talked to you.
The Pro/Adv field played Red baskets all the way around except for hole 5 where they played silver. The Am field played Red baskets except for hole 4 & 5. Next week we play Silver around the lake (3, 4 & 5) and Red baskets everywhere else.
Pro/Adv: 3 players, with Dean taking the field with a round of 64. Dean gets 4 points for his first place finish in the Pro division, and he also won the CTP for $6. Clayton Drake and Bobby Johnson each shot a 69, and elected to have their CTP throw off next week since no money was involved. So, their points remain the same until the playoff is decided. All three of these guys are talented players. Their scores show how tough a night it really was.
Ams: 8 players. Shaun Egner Took first place with a fantastic round of 58 (+4). Shaun took home $25 for first place. Anthony Noe had another great showing with a round of 59 (+5). He took home $15 for second place, and adds 3 points to his total, putting himself in a tie for fourth place with AJ, and only 6 points out of first place. Luigi and Mike Noe tied for 3rd with rounds of 61 (+7), with Luigi winning the CTP playoff to claim 3rd place cash ($10) and 2 points to add to his total, putting him in a tie for first place with Dan Wisemantle. Mike Noe took home $5 for his 4th place finish, and also won the regular round CTP for $16. The Am field is really tight as you can see below. There are 6 players who are not mathematically eliminated yet and 5 of them are within 6 points of the leaders. With only two weeks left, it's a race to the finish!
Pro/Adv points: First Last Points Clayton Drake 26 Bobby Johnson 17 John Boyd 11 Dean Bingham 4 Eric Fite 2 John Marren 1 Elmer Mueller 1 Matt Myers 1 Kevin Macuiba 1
First Last Points Dan Wisemantle 16 Luigi Noe 16 Mike Noe 14 AJ Banaski 10 Anthony Noe 10 Patrick Johnson 8 Jeff Kinsella 7 Shaun Egner 6 Chris McCabe 4 Dan Czempinski 3 Steve Rachan 3 John Simon 3 Rico Lopez 2 Nick Clancy 2 Chris Greenfeul 2 Brian Espinoza 1 Steve Vinyard 1 Zack Taylor 1 Steve Gera 1 James Reid 1 Garry Murphy 1 Patrick Boesen 1 Connor Chwaszczewski 1 Cody Schmook 1