« Last post by pooleje on March 18, 2016, 07:53:17 AM »
Please take this time to nominate a J-Town Disc Golf club member for the following positions.
President Vice-President Secretary Treasurer Member Advocate
Individual Board position descriptions are listed below:
1. President a. The President shall chair meetings and special sessions of the Board of Directors. The Secretary and Treasurer shall report to the President. The President participates in the nominating of, and approves, all Staff nominations. b. The President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. President checks and confirms all public communications (monthly newsletters, club flyers, press releases, etc.) before release. c. The President shall have access to the Club’s bank account(s) and other investments, if any, with the expressed approval of the Treasurer.
2. Vice-President a. The Vice President shall chair the Staff-based Operations Team, acting as team leader. b. The Vice President is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with Club sponsors, local players, and other disc golf organizations. The Vice President shall assist the President as needed. c. Any teams or committees created by the Board of Directors shall be managed by the Vice President (or by a delegate appointed by the Vice President if approved by the rest of the Board). d. In the event of the President’s absence, the Vice President shall chair Club meetings.
3. Secretary a. The Secretary shall be responsible for much of the communication of information within the structure of the Club. b. The Secretary shall record and disseminate the agenda, minutes, and notes from monthly and other Club meetings. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to respond to public inquiries, answer appropriate Club email, or forward such communication to the President. c. By nature of the position, the Secretary will need to work closely with the Webmaster or Assistant Webmaster in the combined goal of maintaining clear and consistent communication within the Club and in the eyes of the public. d. The Secretary shall chair Club meetings in the President and Vice President’s absence.
4. Treasurer a. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the financial integrity of the Club. The Treasurer maintains all accounts payable, accounts receivable, sponsorship donations, and other Club investments. b. The Treasurer shall give a comprehensive financial status report at the Club meetings. c. The Treasurer is responsible for filing all appropriate State of Illinois and Federal taxes and fees.
5. Member Advocate a. The Member Advocate is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship between the Board of Directors and the general membership. b. The Member Advocate shall talk with members to come up with member concerns and desired changes in a more informal setting than the general membership meetings. These topics will then be presented at meetings on the member’s behalf, anonymously if desired.
« Last post by Mcfrolfer on March 18, 2016, 07:53:02 AM »
Howdy all. On Saturday, March 26th 2016, there will be some work going on at Highland. The rough plan for the day is to REMOVE the basket for 12, then replace it with the basket from 15. A sleeve will then be installed for a NEW position and NEW basket on 15. This is a fairly labor intensive task and any help throughout the day would be greatly appreciated. We have some tools but bringing your own is suggested. We will mainly need shovels and rakes, maybe a wheelbarrow or 2. So far it is me, Jason Poole and Gary Lewis for the work crew. We will be out there early so if you have some free time pop on by =).
« Last post by pooleje on March 08, 2016, 10:46:40 AM »
Where:Lemon Lake County Park, Crown Point, IN When: 4/9/15 Check-in will be 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM. Tee-off will be right around 9:45 AM (Subject to change) Cost: Free (J-Town Disc Golf Club will cover any fees for J-Town players) Who: Clubs will include Basket Cases, DISContinuum, Fox Valley, J-Town, and Union. (Subject to additions)
J-Town Disc Golf Club is looking for club members to commit to this event. Format will be 2 rounds of singles. Members will be divided into 3 division (945+, 900-944, and 899-). Best 5 finishing positions for each division per round will count towards the club total. Lowest club total wins.
Field limited to 14 members for each division from each club. J-Town will decide our roster based on the following: 11 spots will go to the highest rated sign-ups, the other 3 spots in each division will be Captain's choice. Dave Kociuba will be the Captain for J-Town Disc Golf Club this year.
Please reply to this post (PDGA #, Name, and Rating) if you want to represent the J-Town Disc Golf Club. I will periodically update this post with our roster. You will need to be a club member to play (we will have memberships available at the event).
« Last post by throwinrocs on February 06, 2016, 05:00:19 PM »
Week 12 Points Update!!!
Al Hermosillo- 37 pts FIRST PLACE TROPHY Adam Brkovic- 26 pts SECOND PLACE TROPHY Dean Binghan- 17 pts THIRD PLACE TROPHY John Boyd- 17 pts Chris Calvin- 17 pts Mike Stahulak- 15 pts Shaun Egner- 13 pts David Garb- 13 pts Brian Espinoza- 12 pts Bobby Johnson- 12 pts Mike Eichorst- 11 pts Dan McMillin- 11 pts Dana Vicich- 10 pts Tony Petrovich- 10 pts Steve Rachan- 9 pts Chris Sirota- 8 pts Matt Rooney- 8 pts Kevin Macuiba- 8 pts Clayton Drake- 7 pts Jeff Kinsella-6 pts Ryan Barcas- 5 pts Eric Bassett- 5 pts Angela Delsasso- 5 pts Matt Casey- 5 pts Dave K- 4 pts Jake Broughton- 4 pts Mike Fierke- 4 pts Scott Mally- 4 pts Patrick Haaker- 4 pts Matt Russell- 4 pts Ishmael Ochoa- 3 pts AJ Banaski- 3 pts Anthony Garza- 3 pts Aaron White- 3 pts Cody Lesak- 2 pts Chris Luzzo- 2 pts Steve Vinyard- 2 pts Ty Evanson- 2 pts Rich Walsh- 2 pts Mick McGowan- 2 pts John Simon- 2 pts Allison Nettles- 2 pts Fern- 1 pt Jacon Rocks- 1 pt John Marren- 1 pt Brian Cantrell- 1 pt Pat Boesen- 1 pt Dan Jaramillo- 1 pt John Galik- 1 pt Phil Ash-1 pt Joe Lozano- 1 pt Tommy Arianoutsos- 1 pt Gabi Metzger- 1 pt Tom Mmm- 1 pt Kayla Vantricht- 1 pt Zach Taylor- 1 pt Robby Barry- 1 pt Tom McMillan - 1 pt Derrick McMillan - 1 pt James Frederick- 1 pt Mike Pieper- 1 pt
Thank you to all 61 players who came out throughout the course of the season. We could not have done this without all of your support. We thank you all very much for your donations and $1 CTP donations every week. The new Long tee on Hole 11 will be built thanks to every single one of you!
« Last post by throwinrocs on February 06, 2016, 11:35:42 AM »
For The final week, Week 12, we had 17 people come out to battle for the top 3 spots. The weather was very comfortable to throw in, about 35 degrees.
For the points an payouts:
Al/David Garb take down first place shooting a -8 (46) and earn 4 pts each. They also split $72! Great shooting, guys!
Mike Stahulak/ Matt Rooney shoot a -6 (48) and take down second place in a CTP throwoff on hole 1. They earn 3 points each and split $40.
Adam B./Jeff K. also shot a -6 (48) and take third place after the CTP playoff. They earn 2 points each and split $24
Hole 2- Disc- Al Hole 3 - Beer- Dean Hole 17- Prodigy Hat- Garb Hole 18- $$$- Boyd $32
No aces were hit so we threw off on Hole 1 for the Ace pot after the round. We paid out the two closest CTPs, Dean taking the closest and earning $31, Chris S. took the second closest and won $25!
Since this was the final week, we crowned the top 3 places and they each won a sweet trophy!
Lefty Al taking first place, blowing away the competition with 37 points for the season! Great job and fantastic shooting all season round, Al!
Adam Brkovic takes second place with 26 points and takes home the second place trophy!
Dean B. takes the third place trophy with 17 points. There was a 3 way tie for third between Chris C, Boyd, and Dean. They all played off after the round and Dean came out with the victory.
We really want to thank everyone who came out this year and supported our first season of Lights After Dark! We ended up with over $300 that will be going to the Trinity Course fund to install a concrete teepad for Hole 11 Long! We could not have done this with out all of you! All this money was generated from various item sales throughout the season, as well as the $1 from the CTP every week. This new teepad with be put in thanks to every last one of you! We will see you all later on in 2016 for the new Season of Lights After Dark and we hope to see even more people out next year. Thanks to everyone who came out and helped us with putting lights out, setting up nights we were shorthanded and being so generous with CTP donations!