Ice Bowl® 2012 Registration Is Open & Ice Bowl 2011 Raises Over $275K
You can now sign up to run an Ice Bowl® in 2012. If you would like to learn more about what running an Ice Bowl entails, please email email@example.comThis
Every year, we set a collective fund raising goal for Ice Bowl. For 2011, it was $300,000, and we're quite pleased to report that with 233 events reporting, that 12,368 disc golfers from the USA, Canada, Finland, and Norway raised a total $275,893. In addition, almost 60,000 pounds of food was donated. As we gear up for Ice Bowl 2012, we expect the totals to go up when we renew our efforts to get the 30 or so events who are missing to get their numbers reported.
Perennial top fund raisers, the Mile High Disc Golf Club of Colorado and the Saint Cloud (Minnesota) Disc Golf Club continued to anchor Ice Bowl with donations of $15,139 and $14,766 respectively. Special mention goes to both John Bird of the Mile High Ice Bowl and Rick Rentz of the St Cloud Ice Bowl. for their tireless and awesome commitment to Ice Bowl fund raising.
Here's a list of the top-20 fund raising events, which accounted for nearly 40 percent of the money raised so far. Each listing contains the event's name, location, money donated, pounds of food donated, and the names of the charities:
1. Mile High Ice Bowl, Arvada, Colorado, $15,139, 75, Food Bank of the Rockies, Arvada Community Food Bank
2. Saint Cloud Ice Bowl, Saint Cloud, Minnesota, $14,766, 104#, Caritas Food Shelf, Salvation Army, St Joesph Area Food Shelf, Central Minnesota Community Foundation
3. 7th Annual Tallahassee Ice Bowl, Tallahassee, Florida, $7,230, 2,475#. America's Second Harvest of the Big Bend
4. Joel Viggers Memorial Ice Bowl, Chattanooga, Tennessee, $7,228, Victim Offender Reconciliation Program -VORP
5. Buffalo Ice Bowl, Orchard Park, New York, $6,605, 150, Hunters Hope Foundation / Buffalo City Mission
6. J-Town's Second Annual Ice Bowl
, Channahon, Illinois, $5,700, 471, Morning Star Mission
7. Tulsa Ice Bowl, Tulsa, Oklahoma, $5,643, 321#, Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma
8. Grand Valley Disc Golf Ice Bowl 2011, Palisade, Colorado, $5,620, 350#, Grand Valley Catholic Outreach Soup Kitchen & Kids Aid Backpack Program
9. Calgary's 10th Annual Ice Bowl, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, $5,462 350#, Calgary Women's Centre
10. Ice Bucket V, Waterbury Center, Vermont, $5,055, Waterbury Area Food Shelf and the Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf
11. Freezebee Ice Bowl, Troy, Michigan, $4,650, 3,570#, Detroit Capuchin Soup Kitchen
12. 2011 San Antonio Disc Club Ice Bowl, San Antonio, Texas, $4,442, 121, Sunshine Cottage School for Deaf Children
13. 5th Annual Jericho Lake Ice Bowl, Aurora, Illinois, $4,043, 615#, Interfaith Food Pantry & the Hesed House
14. Durham Discs Ice Bowl 2011 Durham Bridge, New Brunswick, $3,404, 1,426, Heart and Stroke Foundation Of New Brunswick & Stanley Food Bank
15. Jefferson City Ice Bowl 2011, Jefferson City, Missouri, $3,109, 82, Samaritan Center of Jefferson City
16. Kansas City Ice Bowl, Kansas City, Kansas, $3,100, Bishop Sullivan Center
16. Ashe Park Ice Bowl Jefferson, North Carolina, $3,100, Ashe County DSS "Chills for Meals"
18. Hazelwood Ice Bowl - St. Louis Series Hazelwood, Missouri, $3,000, 921, St. Louis Area Food Bank
19. Wichita Ice Bowl, Wichita, Kansas, $2,820, 34, Kansas Food Bank
20. 14th Annual Ice Bowl, Williamsburg, Virginia, $2760, 620#, Rick Tortone ALS Fund & the York County Food Closet
Please visit the Ice Bowl 2011 page at Facebook for many photos, not only from 2011, but from previous Ice Bowls. Also, an excellent article was penned by Joe Feidt for DiscGolfer magazine. You can download a PDF of it here.
Last Updated on Thursday, 13 October 2011 09:38