WEEK 21 - August 27, 2014
Second Half #8
Shorewood Park, Shorewood, IL
18 Holes - Par 54
All LONG tees but 13. No wait all short tees but 13 and no mando on 2. Don’t forget about the white OB lines/posts behind 1, 2 & 7 and fence line behind 17 and in or over creek on 10, 11 16 & 17. Over the road you’re okay except white line on 7. Got all that! You better because we’ll be back the last week of the year. CONDITIONS
The temperature started in the high 70s with a little humidity. The winds were around 10 mph with cloudy skies. By 8:00pm the temps dropped into the low 70s and the humidity subsided making it feel a little cool. An extremely nice summer night. The course was fairly muddy with a huge puddle of water on the turn on hole 2.NOTES
• In the Pro/Adv field Jesse “Uncle Jess” Saenz Jr. and Dave “The Pres” Kociuba cruise to a 2-stroke win shooting a fantastic round of 37 (-17). Dave now sits alone in third place for the second half and he inches his way closer to the top three overall. Jesse makes his way back into the conversation for the top three for the second half.
• In the Am/Nov field Mario “BeBe” Guzman & Scott “Scotty C” Caroll take the top honors by shooting a great round of 42 (-12). Scott is now in first place alone for the second half and tied for third place for overall. Mario makes his way back into the conversation for the top three for the second half.
• The Round Barn date of September 17 has been moved to West Park. We will be playing the 18 hole layout which is 1-5 and jump and finish 12-24.
Spread the word please!
• 5:15 starts for the remainder of the year!
• 4 Weeks left of the Second Half!
September 3, Trinity Links • Short Tees
September 10, Community Park • Short Tees
September 17, West Park • Short Tees •18 holes only
September 24, Shorewood Park • Short Tees
• The last four weeks are like the playoffs with almost all the categories up in the air. There’s a lot of thrash talking and a lot of unsettled nerves everywhere. Who is going to win and who is going to play spoiler. Stay tuned for the outcome of the September battles. Who’s going to be left crying in October!
• J-Town Fest 2014 is October 4!http://jtowndiscgolf.com/SMF1/index.php?topic=958.0
• Womens field at the J-Town Fest
If we get 4 or more women signed up would there be any interest in playing against each other instead of the free for all field. We might be able to get quite a few more women to play that day if we tried this.
Let me know.
• Say it ain’t so Kid K! Congratulations to Kevin Macuiba for being closest to at least 5 ctps these last few weeks EXCEEEPT you have to get in to win. C’mon Man! Sorry Kev I just had to pick on someone. Nice shooting though!
• Gary Lewis Achievement Award is now open for nominees. Please put up your nominees and their accomplish
Nomination process ends August 31.http://jtowndiscgolf.com/SMF1/index.php?topic=207.90
• 27th Channahon Classic is September 27 & 28! http://jtowndiscgolf.com/SMF1/index.php?topic=959.0PLAYERS
20 PRO/ADV 25 AM/NOV TOP THREE
Saenz and Kociuba take the top honors for the night. They end up splitting 108 bucks. Coming in second place and shooting a great round of 39 (-15) were Mick McGowan & Kris Hutter. They end up splitting 60 bucks. This was a huge win for Hutter. He is now only one point out of third for the second half and he is once again tied for first for overall. Mick also makes his way back into the conversation for the top three for the second half. In third place were Al Hermosillo & Adam Brkovic shooting a nice round of 40 (-14). They end up taking home 16 bucks each but more importantly Al gets his 2-points. Al Hermosillo is now only 1-point out of third for the second half and he now sits alone in third for overall. By the way this is Al’s favorite course by far!TOP THREE
Guzman & Carroll take the top honors and split 61 bucks. We had a three way tie for second with the teams shooting nice rounds of 43 (-11) Mike Eichorst & John Hynek win the ctp playoff to take the second place victory. They end up splitting 31 bucks. John also makes his way back into the conversation for the top three for the second half. In third place and splitting 18 bucks were Joe Kolar & Richard Walsh. Joe jumps into a tie for third for the second half and he still keeps his chances alive for overall. Richard is now only 1-point out of third for the second half and is now tied for third overall.CTPS
Dan Bene - CTP Party Fund hole #1= $40
Tyler Gubser- CTP Party Fund hole #15 = $40
Shawn Story - CTP Tournament Fund hole #17 = $40
Dave Kociuba - CTP CFR Disc hole #9 ACES
No Aces = $42 to start next week BIG MONEY NIGHT
Dave Kociuba take first place and takes home $58 and he wins a nic CFR disc on hole #9s ctp.
Bene, Gubser and Story all win a ctp hole and take home $40 each.Next Week -Trinity Links, Lockport
4:15 REGISTRATION & 5:15 START
See you later,