WEEK 5 - April 24, 2013
First Half #5
Highland Park - Joliet
18 Holes - White Tees - Par 54
The night started and ended with the temperature around 48 degrees. The winds were steady at around 10mph with gusts into the teens all night. The SUN was out the hole round. The first time all year! The course was a bit muddy, but it was in pretty good shape. NOTES
• Due to massive flooding we flip flopped courses. Next week will be at Community Park, Channahon
• Frank needs help this Saturday at 9:00 am putting the bridge back between holes 12 & 13. He says the water at Channahon is receding nicely and should be playable next week. http://jtowndiscgolf.com/SMF1/index.php?topic=804.0
• Jon Vargo & Bryan Marcotte cruise to a playoff victory in the Pro/Adv Division. Considering the conditions they shot a great round of 45 (-9).
• Tyler Gubser & Greg Fredricks easily take care of business in the Am/Nov Division. They take down the field by shooting a good round of 50 (-4).
• League moves to a 5:30 start time next week
• The DAMN SUN came out for the first time this year!
Is everyone singing Barney right now?
• It looks like this years Am/Nov field is one of the leagues strongest ever. It’s going to be a battle all year!
• NO ACES, the pot approaches the $100 mark for the first time this year.PLAYERS
25 PRO/ADV 23 AM/NOV TOP THREE
We had a tie for first place with the teams shooting great rounds of 45 (-9). Jon Vargo & Bryan Marcotte win the playoff and they end up splitting 116 bucks. Ryan Gremillion & Dave Kociuba take the second spot and they split 72 bucks. Dana Vicich & Kevin Macuiba take third place alone shooting a good round of 46 (-8). They ended up splitting $42.TOP THREE
Tyler Gubser & Greg Fredrick take the top honors with an easy win. They shot a hot round of 50 (-4) and split 62 bucks. We had a three way tie for second with teams shooting 51s(-3). Cali man Mike Noe wins the ctp playoff on hole #10 to claim the win. He takes home $33 and tacks on 3 huge points to his total. Mario Guzman & Mikey Saenz take the third position and they end up splitting 20 bucks. They also add two huge points to their totals.CTPS
Bobby Johnson - CTP Party Fund hole #5 = $40
Dave Kociuba - CTP Basket Fund hole #15 = $40
Tyler Gubser - CTP Tournament Fund hole #16 = $40
Cory Clements - CTP CFR Disc hole #14 = The Ropes at the Oaks - TeeDevilACES
No Aces $88 to start next weekBIG MONEY NIGHT
Tyler Gubser cashes with a win in the AM/Nov Division and collects on the Tournament Fund CTP.
He takes home $71 for the night.Next Week - COMMUNITY PARK, CHANNAHON
DON’T FORGET 4:30 REGISTRATION AND 5:30 START!!
See You Later,