WEEK 8 - May 28, 2014
First Half #8
Community Park, Channahon, ILTEES
18 Holes - Short Tees - Par 54 CONDITIONS
The night started out with clear skies with a storm trying to make it’s way into the area. The temperature was around 73 degrees with NE winds at around 11 mph. By the end of the night the temps dropped into the low 60s and the winds picked up with gusts around 16-20 mph. The course is in great shape and looking beautiful as usually. Mosquitoes are out but the winds kept the biting numbers down. It was a perfect night for disc golfNOTES
• Sorry for no report last week. I was in Arkansas on vacation. Thanks to Mick McGowan for stepping in and helping Old Man Johnson.
• Within a couple of weeks we will be working on getting the course ready for IL State. We could use all the help possible. I will keep you posted.
• IL State PDGA Pre Registration is now up.
ALL PRE-REG PLAYERS MUST CHECK-IN BY 8:45
Saturday July 19 Pro/Advhttp://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/32nd_Illinois_State_Disc_Golf_Championships_All_Pro_2014
Sunday July 20 Amshttp://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/32nd_Illinois_State_Disc_Golf_Championships_MS1_and_non_Advanced_Amateur_divisions_2014
• In the Pro/Adv field Team Big Guns Kris Hutter and Dan Osysko take the first place victory on the second hole of a four way tie playoff. Hutter hyzered the hole for an easy deuce. Hutt jumps into first place with only four weeks left of the first half. Dan & Kris shot a great round of 43 (-11)
• Winning In the Am/Nov field were Josh DeLucio and Jason Kuder. They shot a nice round of 45 (-9) and won the playoff. They keep them selfs a live in the points totals for the first half.
• Paco Grimes came out and walked around to say hi to everyone, but working on the course became too irresistible. Who else do you know walks around with power tools to say hello. We found him lying on the ground saving a tree and getting ripped up by mosquitoes. Just another day at the office he says. The man is dedicated machine.
• Only four weeks left of the first half and there are some great battles brewing. You got to love all the thrash talking heading into the final month!
• Good luck to Dana Vicich & Taylor Cimala as they take off this weekend to Japan to compete in The 2014 Japan Open on June 5-7. The Japan Open is one the Premier events of the year.
• A couple of our other local pro players will be battling this weekend at the Discraft Great Lakes Open. Good luck!
• Also good luck to all the local players battling at the Oswego Open this weekend.
• Phones were glowing and radios were blaring as everyone tried to keep up with the results of elimination game five of the NHL Western Conference Finals between the Blackhawks and Kings
The Blackhawks win in double overtime!
• Congratulations to Team Illinois on their victory in the Team Invitational in the Northwoods.
• Anthony Rodriguez of Team IL donated a Roc from the Team Invitational tournament for a ctp. Thanks Twan!
• Aces and Chain donated several calendars for ctps that we will be giving out the next couple of weeks. Thanks Patrick!
• Good luck to Jake Broughton as he packs his bags and heads West to Denver, Colorado. We’ll miss you!
• Congratulations to Ashley & Ryan Gremillion on their new baby girl.
• Dellwood Park help neededhttp://jtowndiscgolf.com/SMF1/index.php?topic=995.msg5339;boardseen#new
• No aces = $210 to start next weekPLAYERS
26 PRO/ADV 38 AM/NOV TOP THREE
Hutter & Osysko take the top honors for the night. They end up splitting 116 bucks. Steve Forneris & Jake Broughton take the second spot and they split 72 bucks. Steve & Jake both make good jumps in the point standings. Bart Zandstra & Al Hermosillo end up in third and split 42 bucks. Al now sits in second for the first half. All the teams shot 43s(-11).TOP THREE
Kuder & DeLucio take the top honors. They take home 34 bucks each and tack on a huge 4-points to their totals. Taking the second place honors were Eric Dobczyk & Travis Tang. They also shot a 45 (-9) and they split 40 bucks. Both Eric & Travis make good jumps to the top of the points totals. We had a tie for third with teams shooting 46s(-8). Jeff Kinsella & Theo Fellios win the ctp playoff on hole one to take the third cash spot. They end up splitting $29. This win keeps both Theo & Jeff in contention for the first half.CTPS
Al Hermosillo - CTP Party Fund hole1 #3= $45
Darrin Johnson- CTP Party Fund hole2 #5 = $44
Jason Kuder - CTP Tournament Fund hole #7 = $44
Dave Hopkins - CTP CFR Disc hole #18
Scott Carroll - CTP Disc & Calendar hole #16ACES
No aces = $210 to start next week BIG MONEY NIGHT
Al Hermosillo takes third and hits a ctp. He takes home $66 for the night.
Jason Kuder wins a takes first and hits ctp. He takes home $78 for the night.Next Week -WEST PARK, JOLIET
4:30 REGISTRATION & 5:30 START
See You Later,