Disc Golf Related > J-Town Ice Bowl

Morning Star Mission Tour

(1/1)

Frankie:
I have a tour scheduled for others at the Mission Thursday 01/31/13 at noon. I doubt any know the complex work they do for the community. As an example, they serve three meals a day and two meals on Sunday. In 2011, they served more than 186,973 meals to men, women and families. They have dorms, house battered women & their children. It may be meager, but they train people so they can care for themselves. You need to qualify to be admitted.  The only one I know that would pass is Jason Poole. You can't drink or smoke, that means cigarettes. I know some don't smoke cigarettes :)  Type Morning Star Mission & Joliet is first. This is #1, first class organization.

xgibbyx:

--- Quote from: Frankie on January 29, 2013, 07:56:28 PM ---I have a tour scheduled for others at the Mission Thursday 01/31/13 at noon. I doubt any know the complex work they do for the community. As an example, they serve three meals a day and two meals on Sunday. In 2011, they served more than 186,973 meals to men, women and families. They have dorms, house battered women & their children. It may be meager, but they train people so they can care for themselves. You need to qualify to be admitted.  The only one I know that would pass is Jason Poole. You can't drink or smoke, that means cigarettes. I know some don't smoke cigarettes :)  Type Morning Star Mission & Joliet is first. This is #1, first class organization.

--- End quote ---

Tour at noon...I might use my lunch hour and meet you there.

Frankie:

--- Quote from: xgibbyx on January 29, 2013, 08:05:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: Frankie on January 29, 2013, 07:56:28 PM ---I have a tour scheduled for others at the Mission Thursday 01/31/13 at noon. I doubt any know the complex work they do for the community. As an example, they serve three meals a day and two meals on Sunday. In 2011, they served more than 186,973 meals to men, women and families. They have dorms, house battered women & their children. It may be meager, but they train people so they can care for themselves. You need to qualify to be admitted.  The only one I know that would pass is Jason Poole. You can't drink or smoke, that means cigarettes. I know some don't smoke cigarettes :)  Type Morning Star Mission & Joliet is first. This is #1, first class organization.

--- End quote ---

Tour at noon...I might use my lunch hour and meet you there.

--- End quote ---
That's GREAT Gibby!!! It's fuel for my soul! I'm thrilled with the golfers that give! This for me is about helping people. Most need some sort of help at sometime, & Morning Star Mission has been helping the Joliet & surrounding area for 104 years. Their funding come from donations, not from the government! Government has conditions & the Mission wants to help people, no conditions! I hope it works out to come.

Goforit:
The Kendall County Food Pantry is 100% funded by donations. It's amazing these places can keep providing with no assistance. Many need help. Love to see disc golfers chip in when they can. Ice Bowls are special.  :) 

Frankie:
On the tour today I discovered something I didn't know. For the most part there is a screening process to be admitted. We were there when hot lunch was being served. One can go there & have lunch. The Joliet police have been there for chicken. If you're in the neighborhood, stop in. They serve every day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version