« on: January 06, 2011, 01:15:46 PM »
5/25 5:30pm Trinity Links
6/1 5:30pm West Park
6/8 5:30pm Highland Park
5/31 5:30pm West Park
6/7 5:30pm Highland Park
6/14 5:30pm The Canyons (Dellwood)
Briggs St Doubles:
5/27 5:30pm The Canyons (Dellwood)
6/3 5:30pm Trinity Links
6/10 5:30pm Highland Park
Winter League Final PRO Stats
J-Town DGDL Pro/Adv Points
J-Town DGDL Am/Nov Points
Briggs Street Doubles Overall Points
Handicap Singles 1st
There are no upcoming events at this time.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - pooleje
« on: January 06, 2011, 01:15:46 PM »
Club members can receive $5 off of PDGA Memberships again in 2011.
You can either fill out the attached form (must be logged into the forum), subtract $5 from the total and give the form/cash to a club officer. Or you can register online at http://www.pdgastore.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1228369190 ($3 handling fee applies) and select "J-Town Disc Golf Club" from the Affiliate Club dropdown.
Thank You for that info Jesse! I hope we get new rule books with our memberships this year. Probably unlikely but that would be cool. I'm sure going to need one to remember all of those.I received a combo rule book/competition manual with my renewal.
I'm just wondering how it was decided who is playing this weekend? I know of a few of the highest rated players in the area that weren't even invited.
Tom Matesevac is captaining the J-Town team. While I can't say for certain how he is coming up with the team, I think he's doing it through word of mouth. He was going around last week at leagues asking the top players if they were available for this weekends event. Anyone who wasn't asked and is interested in playing should just get a hold of Tom. I'm sure we all want the J-Town team to be as strong as possible.
Initial Tag Round Results
11/28/10 Lockport- Short Tees
2011 J-Town Disc Golf Club memberships and bag tags will be available for a $15 donation starting November 28th after winter doubles league at Trinity Links (Lockport).
Here's how the initial distribution will work:
1) All paid members wishing to participate in a singles round will have a top tag reserved for them pending the outcome of the round. (ex 15 players, tags 1-15 reserved) Ties will be broken using 2010 tag numbers.
2) All paid members present that do not want to participate in the singles will be given the remainder of the tags in the order they sign up.
3) Remaining tags will be divided up amongst the officers (Ray Hill, Frank Grimes, Jason Poole, Dean Bingham, and Dave Kociuba). See any officer to sign up.
4) All non-members signing up before 1/1/11 will receive a 2010 tag in addition to the 2011 tag.
Did you people notice winter league is starting at 10:30am? We at one time, started at 10:00am, & then 10:30 & then 11:00 Mike has to get up with the new baby, so he'll be up at at it. Congratulations Mike & Amy! Glad to see it Mick,Mike, & Carbo. I'm pleased we're starting a little earlier so we can watch, Da Bears!!!
The schedule shows a 10:30 sign up time and a start time of 11:00.
J-Town Disc Golf Club Special Meeting
Channahon Community Park
Members in attendance:
1) Member Advocate
• Votes were tallied for nominees:
Randy Bruemmer 4
Darren Johnson 5
Dave Kocuiba 8
Nate Winterstein 4
• Dave Kocuiba is the new Member Advocate for the J-Town Disc Golf Club
2) Club Logo
• 5 rough drafts were chosen from submissions. They will be finalized by 9/5/10. Then, they will be voted-on by the members of J-Town Disc Golf Club. One of the designs will be chosen for the Club Logo. The others will not be discarded and possibly used on future t-shirts, stamps, stickers, club merchandise, etc.