J-TOWN DOUBLES WEEK 1 RESULTS 2015WEEK 1 - April 1, 2015
First Half #1
Short Tees 18 Holes - Par 54 CONDITIONS
The night started out at around 74 degrees with clear skies. Winds were strong at around the 10-15 mph with gust into the 20 mph range. With a dry March most of the ground was dry or a little tacky. Temps dropped into the high 60s by the end of the night with the winds still holding steady. It was a perfect night for disc golf.NOTES
• It was great to see everyone again. We had many new faces that we hope will continue to show up each week. We also hope that the familiar faces that weren’t there will make their way back and be part of this year’s league.
We miss you!
• Please don’t be discouraged if you’re an AM and had a rough first night. Shake it off and try again next week. The more you play and learn from the league’s more advanced players the better your game will evolve. We’ve all been through this stage. We’ll see you next week.
• Steve “Friday Nights’ Rachan and Cody “The Brook” Schmook take the easy playoff victory on hole #1 to claim the first night of 2015 in the Pro/Adv Division. Considering the wind conditions their round of 38 (-16) was extremely impressive. They make the first big jumps on the leader board!
• Aris “The Greek” Pashos and Mike “Got Game” Cembala completely crush the Am/Nov Division by four strokes. They shot a very impressive 41(-13). They make the first big jumps on the leader board for the 2015 season.
• Not On My Watch! Po-Po says No-No on the parking last night. The police were issuing tickets to anyone parked on the grass on the West side of the parking lot. We were able to get most cars out but a couple weren’t so lucky. If the parking lot is full just keep parking along the street. One of the Park Board members told me we can park on that cul-de-sac where the houses are but don’t block any driveways and don't drive on the road through the park to get there. You have to drive around.
• Shout out to Patrick Johnson of Aces and Chains with the CTP donation of a Air Force Champion Thunderbird. http://www.acesandchains.com
• Shout out to Tom Matesevac for donating his sausage for a CTP.
• Shout out to Anthony Rodriguez for moving several cars out of the grass while we still played the round
• Shout out to Jose Herrera for holding on to our CTP markers that were left out at last year’s picnic by Darrin!
• Ryan “Dr. Pepper” Barcas hits an ace on a CTP hole!
• Click link for J-Town Disc Golf Doubles League Easter Card.http://jtowndiscgolf.com/files/League/JTownEasterCard.pdfPLAYERS
31 PRO/ADV 28 AM/NOV TOP THREE
To start the year out right Steve Rachan & Cody Schmook throw a great round of 38 (-16). They end up taking home 62 bucks each and jump on top the early leader board with 4-points. Also shooting a superb round of 38 (-16) were Al Hermosillo & Steve Forneris. They take second place and split 75 bucks. Our third place winners Brian Kevish and Chris Brenholtz quietly shoot a fantastic round of 39 (-15). They collect $25 each and get two big points towards their early point totals.TOP THREE
Aris Pashos and Mike Cembala start out with a bang with a great win. They end with 4-points and $31.50 each in their pockets. We had a three-way tie for second with teams shooting great rounds of 45 (-9). Mike Eichorst and John Salinas win the ctp playoff on hole #1 to claim the second place victory. They end up splitting 34 bucks and tack on an early three points to their point totals. Brian Cantrell & Kevin Keating take the third spot and split 21 bucks and take home the extra point.CTPS
Dave Kociuba - CTP Party Fund hole1 #3= $39
Ryan Barcas - CTP Party Fund hole2 #7 = $38
Kris Hutter - CTP Tournament Fund hole #15 = $38
Mick McGowan - CTP CFR Disc hole #16
Al Hermosillo - CTP Aces&Chains Air Force Disc hole #8
Al Hermosillo - CTP Cheese & Sausage package #10ACES
Ryan Barcas aces hole #7 = $52 BIG MONEY NIGHT
Rachan & Schmook win first place in the PRO/ADV and take home $62 each
Ryan Barcas hits an ace on a ctp to collect $92 on opening night!Next Week - THE ROUND BARN (MANHATTAN)
DON’T FORGET 4:15 REGISTRATION AND 5:15 START!!
See You Later,