Some years ago, I think 5, I was made aware about the Ice Bowls to help needy people. I thought how cool is that. What a statement that gives to the local community that disc golf is more than people out there playing with their pants half way down their butts.I was glad that the J-Town board agreed to have this fund raiser. It not only helps others, but says something about our club in a positive way & disc golf.Morning Star Mission has been in Joliet over a hundred years. Only 12% goes to administrative costs. That leaves 88% for programs. They don't get government aid & rely on donations.I'm asking for donations, even if it's $10.00. $2.05 cares for one person. They run a tight ship & cherish every $1.00 given. Playing in the tournament will also be helpful, a portion of the registration goes to the Mission.
The reardons carpet center is owned by a cousin. Michelan's Liquor Store is owned by my parents . Which Michelan's donated along with me haha