Home Message Board Events Courses J-Town Disc Golf Club
J-Town Disc Golf: Meeting Minutes

Author Topic: Meeting Minutes  (Read 42311 times)

pooleje

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 302
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting Minutes
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2019, 08:32:29 AM »
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 60
7/15/19
The Canyons, Dellwood Park, Lockport, IL
Meeting called to order: 5:02pm
Members Present:
Ray Hill
Dave Hopkins
Kristi McCarthy
Ismael Ochoa
Jason Poole

1.   Financials (see attached)
●   116 Members
●   $2312.44 available for course projects
●   Approved 4-0

2.   Handicap League
   1st session report has been turned in and paid for.
   Looking for an assistant TD
   Ace pot will be capped at $300 until 2 backup pots of $300 each are built, after which, the main pot will grow until hit.

3.   2019 J-Town Club Invitational
   Date:  7/27
   Location: Highland Park, Joliet, IL
   Ismael Ochoa TD, Jason Poole ATD
   Jason has contacted Ryan Fancher to see about having 3 trophies made.
   Ismael will post the event on facebook.

4.   IL Hall of Fame Donation
   Tom McManus asked if we would be willing to donate $100 to the IL Hall of Fame they are starting up.
   Online only presence.
   Ray will contact Mike K, to see if they still are looking for donations.

5.   Open Q&A
   Dave Hopkins proposed looking at putting in long tees on a few more holes at Highland, Ismael and Dave said they would do some scouting for those tees.
   A Media Manager position was discussed to keep everyone more informed about the club.  Ray suggested putting it out to club members to see if anyone was interested in doing it before assigning it to a board member.

Meeting adjourned, 5:51pm

pooleje

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 302
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting Minutes
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2019, 07:41:35 AM »
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 61
9/16/19
The Canyons, Dellwood Park, Lockport, IL
Meeting called to order: 5:00PM

Members Present:
Ray Hill
Ismael Ochoa
Jason Poole

1.   Financials (see attached)
●   137 Members
●   $2458.44 available for course projects
●   Approved 3-0

2.   Handicap League
   Avg 12 per week
   2nd Session Report has been turned in to the PDGA and paid.

a. Awards
o   $346 Available, estimate $366
o   3 Spots
o   Budget: $110 party, $10 perpetual, $30 plaques, $210 Prizes (80/70/60)
 
3.   Greater Joliet Bag Tags (Saturdays)
   Will contact other involved clubs to see if they are interested in working together again this year.
   Every other week to be held at Dellwood.
   Start date will be 11/9.
   Ismael will invite Disc Golf Chicago to participate.
 
4.   2020 Ice Bowl
    2/15, Trinity, bring your own partner, 1 round combined score, 1 round best shot
   Ismael will TD, Jason will ATD
   Salvation Army will be the charity.

5.   2020 Bag Tags
a. Order
o    200 Tags (1-199, extra 1), $1.75 ea
o   $15 Shipping
o   $365 from General Fund
o   Approved 3-0

b. Distribution
o    1/4/19 at Greater Joliet Bag Tags

6.   Putting League
   Ray will contact Mike Flynn and Shawn McCarthy about running this league again this year.

7.   Media Manager
   Ray will write up a job posting which Ismael will post on Facebook.
   We will let the ad run for a month.

8.   Open Q&A
   Nothing presented.

Meeting adjourned, 5:37PM
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 07:44:11 AM by pooleje »

pooleje

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 302
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting Minutes
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2019, 11:11:20 AM »
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 62
11/11/19
Trinity Links, Lockport, IL
Meeting called to order: 5:02pm

Members Present:
Ray Hill
Dave Hopkins
Kristi McCarthy
Shawn McCarthy
Ismael Ochoa
Andrew Polykandriotis
Jason Poole

1.   Financials (see attached)
●   137 Members
●   $2489.44 available for course projects
●   Approved 5-0
 
2.   Greater Joliet Bag Tags (Saturdays)
   15 players for first week
   Clubs include: Basket Cases, Disc Golf Chicago, and J-Town
   Course specific: Dellwood, Trinity
 
3.   Putting League
   Shawn McCarthy will be running the league.
   Started 11/5 at Arrowhead Ales in New Lenox
   Tuesdays at 7pm

4.   2020 Ice Bowl
    2/15, Trinity, bring your own partner, 1 round combined score, 1 round best shot
   Ismael will TD, Jason will ATD
   Salvation Army will be the charity.

5.   Media Manager
   Andrew Polykandriotis has accepted the position.
   Motion to give Andrew a $50 social media advertisement allotment passes 5-0

6.   Open Q&A
   Discussion on holding a special tournament this year and possibly make it the Club Invitational.

Meeting adjourned, 6:02pm

pooleje

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 302
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting Minutes
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2020, 10:21:24 AM »
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 63
1/13/20
Trinity Links, Lockport, IL
Meeting called to order: 5:03 pm

Members Present:
Ray Hill
Kristi McCarthy
Shawn McCarthy
Ismael Ochoa
Jason Poole

1. Financials (see attached)
● 25 Members
● Ended 2019 with 146 Members
● $2614.44 available for course projects
● Approved 4-0

2. Greater Joliet Bag Tags (Saturdays)
● First Half has been submitted to the PDGA and paid.
● Second Half has been sanctioned to run from 1/4/19 to 3/7/19 (10
weeks including 1 round at our Ice Bowl)
● Can no longer combine with Dellwood tags due to their pricing change
but will continue to run alongside Dellwood tags.

3. Putting League
● 28 people the last 2 weeks
● This league brought in more money for the ale house the Tuesday
before Thanksgiving then on black Wed.
● Would like to put any extra money collected after the party towards
team J-town

4. 2020 Ice Bowl
● 2/15/2020
● First round combined score singles. Second round best shot doubles.
● Ismael will talk to Ryan Fancher about the trophies.

5. 2020 J-Town Invitational
● Checking with Mike K. for open dates. Pushed until next meeting.
● Raised the idea of trying to put together a small players pack.

6. Team J-Town
● Tryouts will be held 3/7 at Highland Park
● There will be 10 am spots, and 1 pro spots to fill.
● Club will put $730 towards a funding budget.
● $30 per person will be put towards PDGA memberships.
● The rest will be put towards team shirts,and brag tags.
● A fundraiser ctp will be held at tag events to help recoup club funds.

7. Open Q&A
● C-tier tournament for J-town to be held at Slammers Stadium in Joliet.
● September 12
● Stadium rental is $3,000 which was approved 4-0
● Will have access to stadium from 6am to 12am
● Discussion of a new tournament name pushed to next meeting.

Meeting adjourned, 6:38 pm

pooleje

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 302
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting Minutes
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2020, 09:59:19 AM »
J-Town Disc Golf Club Meeting 64
3/9/20
Trinity Links, Lockport, IL
Meeting called to order: 5:02pm

Members Present:
Eric Bassett
Thor Batchelor
David Garb
Kacie Glade
Dave Hopkins
Shawn McCarthy
Ismael Ochoa
Jason Poole

1.   Financials (see attached)
●   63 Members
●   $2,664.44 available for course projects
●   Approved 3-0
 
2.   Greater Joliet Bag Tags (Saturdays)
●   1/4-3/7 Session has been submitted to the PDGA and paid
●   $586 Ace pot to roll over to the fall ($300 main, $286 reserve)

3.   Putting League
●   Avg 24 per week attendance.
●   3/9 last week/awards

4.   2020 J-Town Ice Bowl Recap
●   34 Players
●   Donated $821 and 100 lbs of food.

5.   2020 Discontinuum Club Challenge
●   4/11/20, Mike Craig- captain.
●   Ratings from 3/1 will be used to determine team and to place members into pools.
●   Still need a few A pool (945+) and D pool (<885) to commit.

6.   2020 J-Town Club Invitational
●   Date: Ismael will get a date
●   Location: Highland
●   TD- Ismael
●   ATD- Jason

7.   Joliet Tournament
●   Date: 9/12/20
●   Ismael to head subcommittee for this event.

8.   Handicap League (Tuesdays)
   3 Sessions (March/April/May, June/July, August/September)
   1st session starts on 3/31 and has been sanctioned with the PDGA
   Jason Poole TD, Looking for an Assistant TD
   Upper division will continue as it has been popular amongst those that know about it and understand its reasoning.  More advertising/ education is needed for it to draw more players.

9.   Team J-Town
●   Members who qualified for the team at Tryouts on 3/7/20
Division     PDGA     JTownID     First     Last     
Pro2534530AllenHermosillo
Pro251833RayHill
MA168568108JustinTeller
MA12619953EricBassett
MA2106490461ColinHouston
MA293061549AndrewLund
MA324008543MichaelApostolou IV
MA4103397544TylerHowell
MA4125612541MichaelMcGarry
W62262231KristiMcCarthy
●   Options for 2 unfilled spots (1 MA3, 1 W)
○   Leave them vacant.  Motion fails 0-3.
○   Fill them using J-Town Handicap Singles as the tryout platform.  Best round ratings with a bonus of 1 rating point per additional league attendance for the 1st Session (3/31-4/28). Motion passes 3-0.
○   Another single day tryout.  Motion fails 0-3.
●   Team Tryout improvements for next year
○   Fill the team using our Winter Bag tags league.
○   Avg top 2 rated rounds.
○   Bonus of 1 rating point for each additional week of attendance. (10 week season)

10.   Elections
a.   Timeline
●   Nominations: 3/9/20-4/13/20
●   Voting: 4/14/20-5/11/20
●   Ballets to be counted at the 5/11/20 Club Meeting

b.   Nominations
●   President:  Ismael Ochoa (A), David Garb (D), Thor (D)
●   Vice President:  Shawn McCarthy (D), Jesse Saenz (?), David Garb (A)
●   Treasurer: Jason Poole (A), Thor (D)
●   Secretary:  Kristi McCarthy (?), Kacie Glade (A)
●   Member Advocate:  David Garb (D), Kevin Macuiba (?), Mike Craig (?), Eric Bassett (A)

11.   Media Manager
   Andrew Poly has decided he does not have the time necessary to dedicate to the position.
   Thor volunteered to lead a subcommittee to handle media.

12.   Course Projects
●    Highland hole 5 long tee was discussed.
●   Tee signs for Round Barn were discussed with the option of having stencils made to paint the signs onto the tees at an approximate cost of $30 each.  Thor will present a project request form.

13.   Open Q&A
●    Discussed meeting more often and decided there was not enough to discuss to warrant more frequent meetings at this time.

Meeting adjourned: 6:40pm